Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions (21085 Views)

Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) / Sowore: Olawale Bakare Declared Missing / Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 12, 2019
Kellibae:

Not criticizing, he FINISHED Jonathan!
where were you all when those things were happening..?
But the guy i quoted Said different, he said that sowore was very much in support of GEJ.

I am not in support of Sowore.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Niaja4real(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2019
bellachibaby:
The convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore, and co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, charged with treasonable felony, among others, are yet to perfect the bail granted them on October 4, 2019 by a Federal High Court in Abuja.

It was learnt on Friday that both men were still in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) where they are being held.

Sowore and Bakare were granted bail by in a ruling penultimate Friday by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, but attached conditions which his lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), described as stringent.

The Nation learnt that their lawyers were planning to return to court with an application to request for a reduction in the bail conditions to those which the defendants could readily meet.
Justice Ojukwu had, while granting them bail, also barred them from participating in any form of protest pending the conclusion of their trial.

The judge, who granted Sowore bail at N100million and two sureties in the same amount, barred him from travelling out of Abuja.

The judge also ordered him (Sowore) to deposit N50m in the account of the court as security.

She granted Bakare bail at N50m with a surety in the same amount and barred him from travelling out of his base in Osogbo, except while coming for the trial in Abuja.

The judge added that the sureties, who must be resident in Abuja, must also have landed assets worth the bail sum in Abuja and should deposit the original title documents of the assets with the court.

Justice Ojukwu ordered that the defendants be remanded in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS) pending when they are able to meet the bail conditions.

https://thenationonlineng.net/revolutionnow-sowore-bakare-unable-to-meet-bail/amp/
im eye go clear las las

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Foodforthought: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2019
PureFace1:

Who told you na Yoruba send Sowore?
And who even told you Sowore is Yoruba?
Sowore can rot in jail you can keep wailing on his behalf
I've commented. And that's my take. You can slam your head on brick.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by BunMerit(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Even if he meet the bail conditions, DSS will not even leave him and the court will not do anything.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Dagrace01(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
nkwuocha1:
LMAO.
This guy took the advice of Nnamdi Kanu not realising where he came from grin grin.Was he ignorant of the fact that he came from a race of RATAK consumers and cowards?
It's only foolish of him to think his race will come em masse to get him out of this mess.

grin grin
It's tomfoolery to think that your race will "Stick their neck " out for you,while ODUDUWA their ancestor fell from the sky and broke his own neck.
This shows ur level of stupidity. Who is the coward? Your Nnamdi Kanu that fled the country? He should have stayed, by now they wud have hanged him. If he's not a coward he should have set up an army by now, call all Igbos to migrate back to the South East and wage war against Nigeria. Just as your stupid Ojukwu did and subjected millions of people to death. Oponu oshi, afofungbemu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by chigoizie7(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Basher8583:

Go and ask Abaribe what he is facing. The man is regretting his hasty actions of standing as surety for that albino

That didn’t mean that he didn’t stand for him.

Were it to be in a civilized nation unlike Nigeria, Abaribe had nothing to worry about. In a country that is as lawless as the present day Nigeria under buhari administration, it still didn’t stop Abaribe from speaking up till date.

Who grants someone a bail and then send killer troops to him? Of course he has to hunk of his safety 1st, had the FG not sent those troops, Abaribe won’t be any less supportive of Kanu

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by ccudoye(m): 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
Am laughing loudly in Swahili 6 days gone and Yoruba's can't rescue their brother.

Am proud of being bold scion of Igbo pedigree.

bellachibaby:
The convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore, and co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, charged with treasonable felony, among others, are yet to perfect the bail granted them on October 4, 2019 by a Federal High Court in Abuja.

It was learnt on Friday that both men were still in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) where they are being held.

Sowore and Bakare were granted bail by in a ruling penultimate Friday by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, but attached conditions which his lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), described as stringent.

The Nation learnt that their lawyers were planning to return to court with an application to request for a reduction in the bail conditions to those which the defendants could readily meet.
Justice Ojukwu had, while granting them bail, also barred them from participating in any form of protest pending the conclusion of their trial.

The judge, who granted Sowore bail at N100million and two sureties in the same amount, barred him from travelling out of Abuja.

The judge also ordered him (Sowore) to deposit N50m in the account of the court as security.

She granted Bakare bail at N50m with a surety in the same amount and barred him from travelling out of his base in Osogbo, except while coming for the trial in Abuja.

The judge added that the sureties, who must be resident in Abuja, must also have landed assets worth the bail sum in Abuja and should deposit the original title documents of the assets with the court.

Justice Ojukwu ordered that the defendants be remanded in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS) pending when they are able to meet the bail conditions.

https://thenationonlineng.net/revolutionnow-sowore-bakare-unable-to-meet-bail/amp/

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Penisman: 12:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Bail conditions others, perfected that Falana the loud mouth and his crew couldn't perfect.

The guy is staying there till Buhari's tenure finishes.

This is not the era of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Praktikals(m): 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
justbusy:
During the time of Nnamdi Kanu, his bail terms were quickly met. After his release, you saw how he shook the FG.
Nnamdi shook FG? you must be a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Jostoman: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Since we only have one arm of government which is executive, I don't take all this judiciary people serious anymore.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Jostoman: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
echelons:
See bail conditions for a freedom protester, but the bail conditions for a man that stole nearly 1B naira is just 2M.

Nigeria judiciary.
so u still believe in Nigeria judiciary?

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by dubra: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
Chai, but why nah? Meanwhile plots of land is available for sale at a good location in abriba Town, abia state
SIZE :100X50 Square metres
PRICE :1.5m (slightly negotiable)
contact details :08085508012, 08060640005
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2019
chigoizie7:

That’s a pity, those people and their followers are cowards, sorry to say this. Their followers are cowards. Gani, ken and mko are good people , but the people they surround themselves with are cowards and can’t be trusted by other Nigeria’s to fight along with. The igbos became smart after the civil war, they were all fighting for everyone living in Nigeria, yet the rest abandoned and planned against them, so whenever a protest starts from any of those regions, the igbos stay clear to avoid being used as scapegoats. They learnt their lessons of not being too forward in any struggle an Igbo person didn’t start.

The aba women riot, the Ojukwu massob and now the Kanu ipob, they stood for their own and even died for the course they believed in.

Unlike others that has its followers as selfish and cowards.

Ipob would have came out to support sowore if the Yoruba nation showed a little support for him.

We now saw the outcome, if they had joined him immediately he said revolutions, they entire Nigeria would have come for them, even the Yoruba nation.

And please no one should mention me and talk rubbish, otherwise thunder will fire the person.
True words. I remember when Sowore started the protests, some people on this forum said Igbos should steer clear of the protests. He called it a Yoruba protes and Igbos shouldn't get involved. The guy is Igbo too. I felt he was wrong on that but now I see he was totally right. I'm surprised at how the Yoruba have abandoned their son. It's a pity

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Basher8583: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
chigoizie7:

That didn’t mean that he didn’t stand for him.

Were it to be in a civilized nation unlike Nigeria, Abaribe had nothing to worry about. In a country that is as lawless as the present day Nigeria under buhari administration, it still didn’t stop Abaribe from speaking up till date.

Who grants someone a bail and then send killer troops to him? Of course he has to hunk of his safety 1st, had the FG not sent those troops, Abaribe won’t be any less supportive of Kanu

Says who. Infact in an organised country Abaribe would be in jail by now.
You still believe all those lies IPOB are feeding you about solder invasion.
That was just concocted by your albino saviour as justification for his escape. It was all planned without Abaribe in the know.

When that albino is re-captured let Abaribe come out and do suretee for him again. But first go and find out how much he has already forfeited to FG on his matter.

Kanu is a coward. If he was a freedom fighter why did he run. Its in your history for your saviours to always run.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by adeadeyera(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
gypsey:
Mmmm... interesting, perhaps i ve been reading fake news.

May be.
Ima Niboro reached out to Sowore in New York to tell him "the president sent me to you".
When Sowore quizzed further, he was told "he had a package from the president".

Of course, Sowore declined and never met Niboro.

Just so you are aware, it was during the climatic conditions in Yankee when ashes took over the clouds resulting in flights cancelation. Niboro was trapped in the States at the time because of the weather conditions.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
Praktikals:

The yorubas should raise money for Sowore who is advocating a forceful takeover of government from a duly elected government? We are not like you. He is on his own
Sowore never advocated for any takeover. He was protesting for better governance. You guys are just using this nonsense as an excuse for your cowardice and inability to assist your neither. It's quite appalling

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by saintade01(m): 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
nzeobi:
I don't know why I don't have any sympathy for sowore.

Shatap there. IPOB like you are the one cheering him on since the struggle was against Buhari. Now you're here spewing rubbish.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
adeadeyera:

May be.
Ima Niboro reached out to Sowore in New York to tell him "the president sent me to you".
When Sowore quizzed further, he was told "he had a package from the president".

Of course, Sowore declined and never met Niboro.

Just so you are aware, it was during the climatic conditions in Yankee when ashes took over the clouds resulting in flights cancelation. Niboro was trapped in the States at the time because of the weather conditions.

Mmm...
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Praktikals(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Sowore never advocated for any takeover. He was protesting for better governance. You guys are just using this nonsense as an excuse for your cowardice and inability to assist your neither. It's quite appalling
That means you have not been following his activities. Just goto YouTube and watch his interviews after his election loss. He does not represent the Yorubas. Intact we dash una. I see he has a lot in common with the hunch backed albino
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by chigoizie7(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
Basher8583:

That was just concocted by your albino saviour as justification for his escape. It was all planned without Abaribe in the know.

When that albino is re-captured let Abaribe come out and do suretee for him again. But first go and find out how much he has already forfeited to FG on his matter.

Kanu is a coward. If he was a freedom fighter why did he run. Its in your history for your saviours to always run.

You are the one believing the lies told by Nigerian army and its media. Because I was in Abia when it happened, so I do not need anyone to tell me what I already know.

In a civilized society, laws and orders are obeyed. They don’t do shit like naija army,

In a sane Clime, the authorities do not misbehave.

No one is denied bail or freedom after the relevant courts pass its verdicts.

You really need to leave that lawless enclave and see how things are done .

I left that country and it opened my eyes to many things, I guess you do the same thing if you have not

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
happydays1:
tough bail conditions
Is it tougher than Nnamdi Kanu's bail condition?

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thetruthshallse:
Why is nobody complaining about this ijeoma of a judge? Why are southerners a willing tool in the hand of the northerners.
Did you complain during Nnamdi Kanu's case? Now it has reached your brother you remember other peoples' help.Enjoy your next level, leave Ijeoma out of this.

4 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Godfullsam:

Ijeoma ojukwu is a bastard and a big fool. She is a Igbo btw , no one should expect anything less from the children of hatred .

Justice Taiwo gave a ruling that he should be released with immediate effect. But look at the bail conditions from the children of hate undecided

That is why the hate-filled pigs from the land locked cursed region can never rule this country!

Their hatred will consume them eventually because sowore will eventually leave the DSS custody.
So the slave can jail her master? My friend go and bail your brother. Ijeoma has done her job go and beg the person you voted for.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
maasoap:

Kanu realised that he came from a tribe with too many mumus and he advantage of your people's gullibility. You didn't see us queuing behind Sowore when he started his madness. It was you and your likes from your race who were hailing and praising him, it is time for you to go get him out
My friend go and bail your brother first,before apportioning blame.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Dpharisee: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
ursullalinda:
Our level of mind your business in this country is alarming I expected his people to rally around him and bail him out. Well that's the change he campaigned for....it begins with him

Let his fellow Yorubas be in front and others will support, but we all know that the Ave SW lacks courage to confront Fulani authorities cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2019
Dagrace01:
This shows ur level of stupidity. Who is the coward? Your Nnamdi Kanu that fled the country? He should have stayed, by now they wud have hanged him. If he's not a coward he should have set up an army by now, call all Igbos to migrate back to the South East and wage war against Nigeria. Just as your stupid Ojukwu did and subjected millions bof people to death. Oponu oshi, afofungbemu.
You are diverting the issue. Go and bail your brother first.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
Praktikals:

Nnamdi shook FG? you must be a comedian.
Yes he did.That is why they sent piton dancers to his house.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Godfullsam(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
franudi:
So the slave can jail her master? My friend go and bail your brother. Ijeoma has done her job go and beg the person you voted for.

And who told you i voted for the cow in aso rock?

That pid-diot called ijeoma is pmb ass licker. She acted based on instruction from her pay master and not according to the rule of law.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by franudi: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Basher8583:

Igbos are not cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by babajero(m): 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
Aonkuuse:
The conditions are way too hard, I pray he learns his lessons after the show though
Which of the lessons do you mean.
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by Kellibae(f): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2019
gypsey:
But the guy i quoted Said different, he said that sowore was very much in support of GEJ.

I am not in support of Sowore.

Are u going to believe what he told u what actually happened..
Where u not around in Nigeria then?
We all read it on social media
Re: Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
Praktikals:

That means you have not been following his activities. Just goto YouTube and watch his interviews after his election loss. He does not represent the Yorubas. Intact we dash una. I see he has a lot in common with the hunch backed albino
I think same was said of Nelson Mandela but now he's a hero. The important thing is that he is fighting for the betterment of you and I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Really Is Wrong With This Administration? Unlucky Or Incapable? / Rochas Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos) / Valentine Ozigbo Debunks ₦‎2 Billion Naira CAN Donation From Peter Obi (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.