Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu (25165 Views)

Samuel Kalu Who Had A Heart Attack At The Hospital (Photos) / Samuel Kalu Suffers Heart Attack, Rushed To Hospital In Egypt / Mark Otabor Got AS Roma Deal After Commentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by odun360(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr who is under-fire by the media for calling up CSKA Sofia of Bulgaria winger Viv Solomon-Otabor as replacement for ‎injured Samuel Kalu has explained the reason behind his decision.

The call up to Solomon-Otabor came as a surprise to many considering that the former Birmingham City teenager hasn’t done as much as other Nigerian players plying their trade in leagues higher than that of Bulgaria, Where Solomon-Otabor plays.

Defending his choice in a chat with Owngoalnigeria.com, the Franco-German coach said Solomon-Otabor will surprise many if he gets to play against Brazil and that he called him up as replacement for Kalu because they play same position.

He said he monitored the player for a year before deciding to call him up when the opportunity came following the withdrawal of Kalu. Rohr advised Club Brugge David Okereke and Heerenveen Chidera Ejuke to continue with their impressive form as he will call them up soonest.

” I like what I saw in him when I watched him. He is like Kalu on the wings and we have been monitoring him for some time now. The other players like Okereke, Ejuke will get their chance soon. Solomon got the nod because the vacancy is for a winger. Players doing well need to continue working hard”, the coach explained.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/why-i-called-up-viv-solomon-otabor-as.html?m=1
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by SchoolNaScam001: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
Okay o. Make we win sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by silverbirdng(f): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
E

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by kennosklint(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Sha anything less than 3:0 win against Brazil is unacceptable

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by otiwisdom: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
Nigeria 2: 1 Brazil

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
I personally think Rohr is doing a great job. He’s bringing in new and good players from all over the world.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by fadajosh: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2019
all ds players from dis small small club self ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by TruthinAction: 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
Please what time is the match?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Andersonjr(m): 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
Even if Kalu plays they'll still be trashed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Bestpresident(m): 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
We need determination,,, good fighting spirit,,,patapata na draw,,, Senegal is watching to confirm who is truly the giant of Africa,,,our FIFA ranking must improve

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Babatoxx: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
1pm
TruthinAction:
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Make them no just use neymar let them shine, we played 5 matched against messi, we lost them all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by phoenix90(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Rohr is a big part of the corruption syndicate taking money from players to make appearances in the super eagles. Y’all think that oyibo man is not kwarrupt? You’re kidding me. He’s a big scam and is not even playing the best of football for eagles. Keshi’s team played better and Siasia would’ve taken this next generation of talents we’ve got to greater accomplishments. Rohr is a fraud

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Mexyz(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
TruthinAction:
1pm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Femijohn198: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
Nigeria =2 Brazil=2
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Mexyz(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
phoenix90:
Rohr is a big part of the corruption syndicate taking money from players to make appearances in the super eagles. Y’all think that oyibo man is not kwarrupt? You’re kidding me. He’s a big scam and is not even playing the best of football for eagles. Keshi’s team played better and Siasia would’ve taken this next generation of talents we’ve got to greater accomplishments. Rohr is a fraud
Are you a witness to the fraud happening? Some of you just lay accusations behind keyboards just because you want to form an opinion.
Siasia handled Eagles before, what was his achievement and why didn't he discover all these players? For the very first time, we are beginning to see very young Nigerians being called up to showcase what they have, yet people like you are still complaining.
Naso una use complain and oversabi vote Bubu, now see where we are as a Country.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by slegend(m): 1:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
phoenix90:
My man please reconsider your statement...we didn't play Afcon 15 and 17...when this man entered,he took us to the world cup,with a game to spare..And also Afcon 2019 , finishing third.And you call him a fraud...ah ah .bro you are careless and heartless.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by generalpeter: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
phoenix90:
E get the kind slap Wey dem dey reserve for person like you..just to reset that your brain small..only small bros.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Aarenasbaba(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
Senegal has done it....Nigeria can do better
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by slegend(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
Mexyz:
Are you a witness to the fraud happening? Some of you just lay accusations behind keyboards just because you want to form an opinion.
Siasia handled Eagles before, what was his achievement and why didn't he discover all these players? For the very first time, we are beginning to see very young Nigerians being called up to showcase what they have, yet people like you are still complaining.
Naso una use complain and oversabi vote Bubu, now see where we are as a Country.
I just weak for this set of people... indigenous coaches became a problem a certain period because of their corruption games..we brought in a foreign coach,and they are still lamenting...I just weak for our country people...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by handsomeyinka(m): 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
phoenix90:
You need a psychiatric..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ok. Fingers crossed.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Fragility6: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Goat supersport go show the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Fragility6: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2019
Aarenasbaba:
Senegal has done it....Nigeria can do better
Abeg o. Mk una no hype naija. Tomorrow match na rape case. Neymar n firmino on the scoresheet no b Akpeyi go dey post mk una watch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by fredie107(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
If Brazil beat us 1 zero.... Na im be say we win na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
Fragility6:

Abeg o. Mk una no hype naija. Tomorrow match na rape case. Neymar n firmino on the scoresheet no b Akpeyi go dey post mk una watch.

Can u pls tell me d final score ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Minjim: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
slegend:

My man please reconsider your statement...we didn't play Afcon 15 and 17...when this man entered,he took us to the world cup,with a game to spare..And also Afcon 2019 , finishing third.And you call him a fraud...ah ah .bro you are careless and heartless.

Who did this to us?

With the calibre of players we've had and still have coupled with our achievement in world football, is that the best we can do?
He didn't even win the NC and Keshi won that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by oloriooko(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
Well done to coach Rohr and I wish the dude will prove many wrong furthermore this is sole reason for friendly matches: to test the untested
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Studyinchina200(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
The same siasia that was ban by FIFA for corruption?

quote author=phoenix90 post=83072714]Rohr is a big part of the corruption syndicate taking money from players to make appearances in the super eagles. Y’all think that oyibo man is not kwarrupt? You’re kidding me. He’s a big scam and is not even playing the best of football for eagles. Keshi’s team played better and Siasia would’ve taken this next generation of talents we’ve got to greater accomplishments. Rohr is a fraud[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil: Rohr Explains Why Solomon-Otabor Replaced Samuel Kalu by Fragility6: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2019
Aarenasbaba:

Laelae, they can't and would never rape us.... We have to wear many pants
My advice to you na say wear brazil jersey go watch d match to save u from heartbreak. Shei u see d nonsense d boys perform against ukraine? From two goals up to begging for draw. Nigeria game na first half,second half na anoda different thing entirely dem go dey play.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Arteta Hints Possible Ozil Return To Arsenal Squad / Adama Traore Joining Barcelona On Loan Is A Done Deal / Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.