Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) (83518 Views)

Thank God For This Flood, Free Swimming Pool - Man Swims In His Flooded Compound / Lagos State: Pity Cele/Ejigbo/Jakande/Ikotun People, Bike Situation Is Killing / Terrible Accident At Jakande Estate Okeafa - Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
Tbasicme:
Pls kindly read on global warming and how this brings about climate change. There is increase in water level which is attributed to melting artic region as well as glaciers (ice) as a result of increased earth temperature due to burning of fossil fuel and co2 (carbon di oxide) emission leading to green house effect.

That's just a simple summary of the process

pls stop misleading people.... so you think that a melting artic region will affect Nigeria oceans and sea level will increase, are you serious,

so what causes a tsunami?? if it was a tsaunami, i would have believed you but this is ordinary flooding that will clear up when the sun comes out

most cities in Nigeria lack proper drainage system..simple as abc... this has not to do with any global warming.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by mechanics(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2019
The flood heavy o.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2019
Lol, Lagos nonsense village, mamiwota garden grin grin grin
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by obeycian(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2019
JoanHicks:
What if he met croc on his way
Then he would hv gotten his one minute silence
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by obazie(m): 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thebwoy:
Hmmm

I've never experienced flood in my life.

You are not a Nigerian joor.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Tallesty1(m): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
After swimming in dirty water containing all sorts, he will start looking for who to give him blow-job. Useless Island boy.
See where your mind don reach.

Kai.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by pongwa(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
Joshmodest:
This boy is a jobless clout chasing youth , must you visit your Friend , so you went through the stress swimming to and fro to greet your friend then ?
I doubt he even stays on the island , he might be one of those dudes who stay on the mainland, and just want to console themselves by making it seem the island is not as good as many think, so they masturbate at any flood news , coming from that axis ....
See one up here already shouting island for show !!
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by youngest85(m): 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
After swimming in dirty water containing all sorts, he will start looking for who to give him blow-job. Useless Island boy.
So na Mouth Action be your problem?
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Evans2019: 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2019
Inside life ....if he falls sick now they go say na village people......
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by VicM6: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2019
sassysure:
Incredible shocked
Why is he swimming in filthy water?
wetin man go do.... him go fly ni.... grin
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Ndipe(m): 7:46am On Oct 13, 2019
All this for what?
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Tbasicme: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2019
Please don't argue blindly. Several scientific studies revealed that global warming is real as well as climate change.

You can read more on the internet
Reference/source
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/global-warming-to-unleash-more-rains-exposing-millions-more-to-floods

lilwetdick:

pls stop misleading people.... so you think that a melting artic region will affect Nigeria oceans and sea level will increase, are you serious,

so what causes a tsunami?? if it was a tsaunami, i would have believed you but this is ordinary flooding that will clear up when the sun comes out

most cities in Nigeria lack proper drainage system..simple as abc... this has not to do with any global warming.

Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2019
Tbasicme:
Please don't argue blindly. Several scientific studies revealed that global warming is real as well as climate change.

You can read more on the internet
Reference/source
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/global-warming-to-unleash-more-rains-exposing-millions-more-to-floods

so basically according to you, when their is flooding, it is because of global warming..no flooding can be caused by lack of proper drainage systems......interesting..just because global warming is advertised all over the world does not mean you shouldnt also use your head to think.

so a newspaper is your point of reference that proves global warming is real......very interesting

there are thousands of scientific research about global warming likewise there are thousand of scientific research that shows global warming doesn't exist.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Tbasicme: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
lilwetdick:

so basically according to you, when their is flooding, it is because of global warming..no flooding can be caused by lack of proper drainage systems......interesting..just because global warming is advertised all over the world does not mean you shouldnt also use your head to think.

so a newspaper is your point of reference that proves global warming is real......very interesting

there are thousands of scientific research about global warming likewise there are thousand of scientific research that shows global warming doesn't exist.

Hey Brother, I am not saying that flooding doesn't exist. But what I am implying is that the recent increase in flood incidents are consequences of global warming / climate change. There is increase in water levels due to melting glaciers which is as a result of increase in temperature and co2 emissions.

Kindly read from NASA's website on the effects. At least NASA is a scientific body with years of research

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

1 Like

Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Beat123(f): 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
Olalan:
Global warming is indeed real.....water levels are rising every year......
global warming is different from bad drainage and planning
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tbasicme:

Hey Brother, I am not saying that flooding doesn't exist. But what I am implying is that the recent increase in flood incidents are consequences of global warming / climate change. There is increase in water levels due to melting glaciers which is as a result of increase in temperature and co2 emissions.

Kindly read from NASA's website on the effects. At least NASA is a scientific body with years of research

https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/

respective of Nigeria, flooding have been happening before the popularity of global warming in the global media.

canals over flowing their channels, and all sort of stuff, in the island for instance, proper drainage system is lacking, gutters are blocks, when rain fall in those areas, it always flood

so what are we going to say about areas also in the island that there was no flooding? why did that happened, i am sure the same rain that fell that day, fell on those places
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Tbasicme: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
lilwetdick:

respective of Nigeria, flooding have been happening before the popularity of global warming in the global media.

canals over flowing their channels, and all sort of stuff, in the island for instance, proper drainage system is lacking, gutters are blocks, when rain fall in those areas, it always flood

so what are we going to say about areas also in the island that there was no flooding? why did that happened, i am sure the same rain that fell that day, fell on those places
I quite agree with you that we have poor drainage system in Nigeria. However, I have to explain that Rain doesn't fall in the same quantity in any place around the world. There are a range of reasons for differing rainfall patterns:
1. Atmospheric Temperature,
2. Atmospheric pressure
3. Humidity
4. Gravitaty
5. Ionization
So with all these factors rainfall in a geographical area cannot be the same. Especially due to humidity.

You can read more on weather on Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tbasicme:

I quite agree with you that we have poor drainage system in Nigeria. However, I have to explain that Rain doesn't fall in the same quantity in any place around the world. There are a range of reasons for differing rainfall patterns:
1. Atmospheric Temperature,
2. Atmospheric pressure
3. Humidity
4. Gravitaty
5. Ionization
So with all these factors rainfall in a geographical area cannot be the same. Especially due to humidity.

You can read more on weather on Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather

i understand that in a geographical area, rain can not be the same but what are we going to say for instance about flooding in a particular area, where one street is flooded while the next street is not, this similar occurrence is what mostly happens in Nigeria and not only in Nigeriia, in many countries, just because the media posted a picture of flooding does not mean the cause was global warming, most of these pictures are just half truth, do not show the reality of things in that given area.

are we going to say because a particular street was flooded, it means global warming was the cause , what are we going to say about the next street in that given area where no flooding occurred

if the amount of rain fall increase, a street with a good drainage system will absorb all the amount of rainfall less than a street without proper or no drainage system.

i would have agreed with you, if the Atlantic ocean overflew its boundaries.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Tbasicme: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
lilwetdick:

i understand that in a geographical area, rain can not be the same but what are we going to say for instance about flooding in a particular area, where one street is flooded while the next street is not, this similar occurrence is what mostly happens in Nigeria and not only in Nigeriia, in many countries, just because the media posted a picture of flooding does not mean the cause was global warming, most of these pictures are just half truth, do not show the reality of things in that given area.

are we going to say because a particular street was flooded, it means global warming was the cause , what are we going to say about the next street in that given area where no flooding occurred

if the amount of rain fall increase, a street with a good drainage system will absorb all the amount of rainfall less than a street without proper or no drainage system.

i would have agreed with you, if the Atlantic ocean overflew its boundaries.

I quite agree with you partially, however, I will like you to read about FLASH FLOOD. In some instances the drainages are overwhelmed due to the volume of water which is beyond the capacity of the drainages. Also topography of the place is also a factor. In a nutshell sea level is rising which is attributed to climate change due to global warming.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Everythingnice: 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
Yup! He's never watched crawl
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tbasicme:

I quite agree with you partially, however, I will like you to read about FLASH FLOOD. In some instances the drainages are overwhelmed due to the volume of water which is beyond the capacity of the drainages. Also topography of the place is also a factor. In a nutshell sea level is rising which is attributed to climate change due to global warming.

but is that not what happens when their is flooding

dude, raising sea levels is normal but the flooding here has nothing to do with rising sea levels..rising sea levels is when the ocean banks overflow, what we have here is not an overflow of the Atlantic ocean rather normal flooding, due to rainfall.
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Tbasicme: 8:18am On Oct 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

but is that not what happens when their is flooding

dude, raising sea levels is normal but the flooding here has nothing to do with rising sea levels..rising sea levels is when the ocean banks overflow, what we have here is not an overflow of the Atlantic ocean rather normal flooding, due to rainfall.

At this juncture, I will like to say that I heard all what you have said however I will appreciate if you can give me references to back up ya arguments so I can read them up. Thanks
Re: Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
let us called it fish pond estate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor / The Story Of Mothman In Point Pleasant, West Virginia / This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.