Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada (81854 Views)

Why Some Nigerians Hate Living In Canada / Nigerians Living At Home Look Better Than Those Raised Abroad / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Kayzz34: 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJVvdXHSfI8?si=Lf5NaQ-sM7YhkaM0

Video of a shelter some Nigerians are living in at Mississauga in Canada goes viral.

In the video shared online, it was stated that it was in same shelter a young Nigerian died weeks ago. A Pastor who spoke in the video, noted that some Nigerians live in the shelter while waiting for an update on their asylum request to Canadian authorities.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by N3TRAL: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2023
r

355 Likes 50 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:08am On Nov 24, 2023
Nawa ooo

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by optionalY09: 1:29am On Nov 24, 2023
Go home or get help from Nigerian community in Canada. Black people need to fix their character and start loving each other. Those who have accommodation should assist the people that do not have.

Love yourselves before you start asking others to love you - Use your brain

Collapse all these mushroom religious denominations into one strong Nigerian religion just like the Jewish Catholics or the Arab Islam. Build an effective system with it and use it as a tool to accomplish many things. We are many, smart, yet useless

260 Likes 30 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by ednut1(m): 1:30am On Nov 24, 2023
Agents deceived many of them with you can convert visit visa to work visa package.

481 Likes 51 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by buharibanjo(m): 2:12am On Nov 24, 2023
πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PedoBear: 3:20am On Nov 24, 2023
Werey even see shelter

What about us way day sleep for them corners??

143 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by finallybusy: 3:23am On Nov 24, 2023
Nothing concern Naija government with their plight. They should face their host country. If presented with a free flight back home, they’ll give many excuses.

149 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Blackfire(m): 3:26am On Nov 24, 2023
If North Korea open there border to Nigerians eeeeh

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PewpewS32(m): 3:42am On Nov 24, 2023
Kayzz34:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJVvdXHSfI8?si=Lf5NaQ-sM7YhkaM0

Video of a shelter some Nigerians are living in at Mississauga in Canada goes viral.

In the video shared online, it was stated that it was in same shelter a young Nigerian died weeks ago. A Pastor who spoke in the video, noted that some Nigerians live in the shelter while waiting for an update on their asylum request to Canadian authorities.

Okay, I am a Canadian. I can't speak for this "shelter" if you even want to call it that. I think for sure this particular situation is very isolated. I've never seen a shelter like this anywhere and in fact haven't heard about this death either. Mississauga is literally 3 hours from me. I am sure there has to be some underlying issue going on here that isn't being told.

Anyone coming under the Asylum laws here do not live in tents. They are given government funded apartments and housing... not in tents. Also, when coming into Canada under this law if there are no government housing available the Government pays for hotel rooms. This is exactly what happened with those who came from Ukraine and now from West Bank/Gaza.

Per the cold... this isn't cold. It's cold to you, not cold to us Canadians. Wait for the real cold -25C plus wind chill which makes it feel like -40C. THAT'S cold. Single digits above zero is not cold. I'd really like to find out the whole story why people are in tents... that's not normal.

I just checked news here... so there's a massive move of people to Canada... Shelters are beyond capacity by 300%. Government is in process to bring a solution to this problem.

Here is the news video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TRK_MBxhs

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada.

214 Likes 25 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 3:54am On Nov 24, 2023
make una continue japaing unaselves to death....
shebi una no wan listen....

they cant even take care of all their people in need,na you foreighners they will give priority....

yeah,compare yourselfs to ukraine,arabs....una will find out quick....

kiki....winter is comin....

65 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PewpewS32(m): 3:59am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:
make una continue japaing unaselves to death....
shebi una no wan listen....

they cant even take care of all their people in need,na you foreighners they will give priority....

yeah,compare yourselfs to ukraine,arabs....una will find out quick....

kiki....winter is comin....

Ummm... who's comparing? Reada morea carefully.

Stated what happened previously, however, seems to be a lot more people coming from African countries.

2 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:03am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Ummm... who's comparing? Reada morea carefully.

Stated what happened previously, however, seems to be a lot more people coming from African countries.

you wan be outside in winter in a tent....??
western nations is not what money hungry basstards are tellin you....

you collect the little you have from friends and family waste it to go die outside in winter in tents....
if thats not strong juju i dont know what it is....

we are warnin you over and over again,you still dont listen....
gather to do what....??
to force western nations to accomodate you for free....

70 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by mu2sa2: 4:06am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Okay, I am a Canadian. I can't speak for this "shelter" if you even want to call it that. I think for sure this particular situation is very isolated. I've never seen a shelter like this anywhere and in fact haven't heard about this death either. Mississauga is literally 3 hours from me. I am sure there has to be some underlying issue going on here that isn't being told.

Anyone coming under the Asylum laws here do not live in tents. They are given government funded apartments and housing... not in tents. Also, when coming into Canada under this law if there are no government housing available the Government pays for hotel rooms. This is exactly what happened with those who came from Ukraine and now from West Bank/Gaza.

Per the cold... this isn't cold. It's cold to you, not cold to us Canadians. Wait for the real cold -25C plus wind chill which makes it feel like -40C. THAT'S cold. Single digits above zero is not cold. I'd really like to find out the whole story why people are in tents... that's not normal.

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada.
"We know what happened can happen because it did happen." The video isn't fake. Those guys are having a real bad time in Canada. Many Africans have been misled into thinking that the streets of Canada and other Western countries are paved with gold. It's only when they get there that they're faced with the stark realities of life as depicted in the video. I understand your patriotism, but fact is the video is real and those Africans are in real mess. May God save them from the cold temperatures they have never experienced before, not even in their weirdest imaginations.

131 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:08am On Nov 24, 2023
better be poor in a warm country,than poor in a cold country....

cold is not good....

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PewpewS32(m): 4:09am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

you wan be outside in winter in a tent....??
western nations is not what money hungry basstards are tellin you....

you collect the little you have from friends and family waste it to go die outside in winter in tent....
if thats not strong juju i dont know what it is....

we are warnin you over and over again,you still dont listen....
gather to do what....??
to force western nations to accomodate you for free....

Nobody will be living outside in a tent when temperatures dip below zero. Let's get that straight right now. If you think Canada is going to leave people in those temperatures in a tent, you are gravely mistaken. After reading the news here on the story (as I'd not heard about it until seeing it here), there has been a massive number of people seeking Asylum all at once. A large number from African countries (Nigeria being the biggest number). Temperatures here currently have not gone below zero yet. The moment we do I can guarantee there won't be anyone in a tent. If Canada let's that happen I'll be the FIRST to admit that the government here (in Canada) is not doing what they are supposed to, but I assure you, this really shouldn't happen.

Pew - Windsor, ON, Canada

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:10am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Nobody will be living outside in a tent when temperatures dip below zero. Let's get that straight right now. If you think Canada is going to leave people in those temperatures in a tent, you are gravely mistaken. After reading the news here on the story (as I'd not heard about it until seeing it here), there has been a massive number of people seeking Asylum all at once. A large number from African countries (Nigeria being the biggest number). Temperatures here currently have not gone below zero yet. The moment we do I can guarantee there won't be anyone in a tent. If Canada let's that happen I'll be the FIRST to admit that the government here (in Canada) is not doing what they are supposed to, but I assure you, this really shouldn't happen.

can you stfu already....
than to dey talk nonesense how about you helpin them....

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:13am On Nov 24, 2023
guys,dont waste your money and give it to money hungry liars to end up with nothing in western nations....
and when you even reach their,after riskin your lifes,na then your wahalas go realy start....

western nations is soo expensive to live in....its crazy....work permit na another wahala....

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Racoon(m): 4:15am On Nov 24, 2023
Humn! Japa! Japa into more misery and suffering.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PewpewS32(m): 4:16am On Nov 24, 2023
mu2sa2:
"We know what happened can happen because it did happen." The video isn't fake. Those guys are having a real bad time in Canada. Many Africans have been misled into thinking that the streets of Canada and other Western countries are paved with gold. It's only when they get there that they're faced with the stark realities of life as depicted in the video. I understand your patriotism, but fact is the video is real and those Africans are in a horrible
mess - may God save them from the cold temperatures they have never experienced before even in their imaginations.

Context here would be great to look at what is happening.

Idgaf about patriotism. I know I live in a privileged country, I didn't get to choose where I was born, just like you. I'm very thankful to be in this country, but kid you not, I've lived in other countries and been to many poverty riddled countries. I'm helping friends in Ng to immigrate for work, but this issue is Asylum seekers, not going through the immigration avenues. Different altogether.

Have to look at the facts here... there is an absurd number of people seeking Asylum in Canada and they were just not ready for the numbers. Government is moving to solve it as quickly as possible. Already busses have come to move people to other shelters where there is more room. Naturally most Asylum seekers are looking at Toronto and surrounding as yes, it's pushed as the place with so much opportunity... and this is true for most. The Canadian job market is begging for skilled workers... we're extremely short... so come with the right skill sets, yes, you will find a good job at a good rate of pay, but come and look for a job at a coffee shop... well... different story.

32 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:19am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Context here would be great to look at what is happening.

Idgaf about patriotism. I know I live in a privileged country, I didn't get to choose where I was born, just like you. I'm very thankful to be in this country, but kid you not, I've lived in other countries and been to many poverty riddled countries. I'm helping friends in Ng to immigrate for work, but this issue is Asylum seekers, not going through the immigration avenues. Different altogether.

Have to look at the facts here... there is an absurd number of people seeking Asylum in Canada and they were just not ready for the numbers. Government is moving to solve it as quickly as possible. Already busses have come to move people to other shelters where there is more room. Naturally most Asylum seekers are looking at Toronto and surrounding as yes, it's pushed as the place with so much opportunity... and this is true for most. The Canadian job market is begging for skilled workers... we're extremely short... so come with the right skill sets, yes, you will find a good job at a good rate of pay, but come and look for a job at a coffee shop... well... different story.

i knew it....cheatin poor nigerians from their little money with lies....

prosperity preacher....
we know your kind....your kind plenty in churches....

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:27am On Nov 24, 2023
guys,if you have enough money to take care of yourselves then go....you are free to go where you want in the world....

but keep in mind,western goverments are not obligated to help you when you have nothing....

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PewpewS32(m): 4:34am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

i knew it....cheatin poor nigerians from their little money with lies....

prosperity preacher....
we know your kind....they plenty in churches....

Trying to troll me? hahah! It's fine... you don't know me... you have no idea.

Seems you just want to argue. I'm offering Canadian perspective on the issue but you want to throw me under the bus and then back over me again and again. That's fine. Go ahead. Don't take a Canadian's perspective on it, be close minded. Your choice.

I know enough about Ng that I know the struggle to survive day to day is real... I know the tyranny you live under where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It's not fair, it's not right. I don't care where you go or what you do, but the state of Ng is dire. If you can better your situation in whatever way you find, go for it. If that means going to Fiji or Australia or UAE or USA or Canada, do what makes your situation better. Don't be the definition of insanity... don't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results, it'll never happen.

Lagos seems to be the only city the Ng government cares about right now... biggest investment hotbed in the whole continent, but they do nothing about crime, kidnapping, cultists, Moro in the north, infrastructure for 24/7 power, more readily available water, internet that doesn't cut out every 10 minutes... MTN sucks btw. If the government cared about the people (and they don't) they would be making these vital systems better for everyone, not just the top 3%. I'm an outsider and I see these things... I can't imagine the frustration felt by Nigerians.

Sorry it's that way... it really isn't right or fair.

Pew

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by franchasofficia: 4:35am On Nov 24, 2023
Canada is a small country with massive land mass. Canada's economy is not booming like that of US, UK, Germany, etc. Canada doesn't have enough skill jobs that is why they demand for so much including Canada experience and all that because if they have more than enough jobs like the states, UK, etc, their employers will waive some freaking requirements they ask from skilled migrants who spent a fortune to enter Canada via express entry, etc.

So please before you decide to relocate to Canada, bear in mind that it will take you some years to gather all the useless Canada experience and other requirements to secure a befitting skilled job in Canada.

People mistake Canada as paradise but unfortunately Canada is just another UK. You complain of income tax in UK, are you aware that consumer tax in some Canada province will make you broke despite what you earn? Imagine paying as much as 30% VAT on whatever you buy after collecting your so called salary or wage?

If you are young, have big financial dreams and want to succeed big financially through migration, please find way migrate to US legally. You are better off in Poland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium than in Canada.

Canada is overrated. There is no much economic activities going on there and most part have harsh weather condition.

The only good thing about Canada is easy route to PR if you entered legally, aside that, UK = Canada. In fact, UK is far better than Canada when it comes to ease of securing a job, you will secure a job faster in UK than in Canada that have a struggling economy. Ask yourself, what and what does Canada produce and export to the world? Canadian government is hyping Canada with so much fund to attract immigrants to come into Canada with huge money to help Canada economy grow in maybe 100 years from now.

Don't mistake Canada as a nation with booming economy and so many high paying skilled jobs, you will be disappointed.

Canadian government is trying to build Canada's economy by collecting money from skilled migrants and students, they are trying to replicate US DV lottery thinking it would build their country's economy but they cant because they dont have the intellects and technology experts to do what US did.

US is a magical, wonderful nation, the best country on earth. The country where you can pick money on the floor if you are ready to put in the work.

May God continue to bless America

91 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Odogwuzack: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2023
99% of those guys came with visit visa and couldn't get good immigration lawyer to help them seek asylum.

12 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by Odogwuzack: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2023
franchasofficia:
Canada is a small country with massive land mass. Canada's economy is not booming like that of US, UK, Germany, etc. Canada doesn't have enough skill jobs that is why they demand for so much including Canada experience and all that because if they have more than enough jobs like the states, UK, etc, their employers will waive some freaking requirements they ask from skilled migrants who spent a fortune to enter Canada via express entry, etc.

So please before you decide to relocate to Canada, bear in mind that it will take you some years to gather all the useless Canada experience and other requirements to secure a skilled job in Canada.

Many things you said about Canada here is false sha except say another Canada dey lol

If you are coming to Canada, make sure you have 6 month accomodation sorted and you will be good. The earlier you are able to sort out the accommodation the better.

Before you reply with insult just know you are replying someone that have 90% of his family members in Canada. cool

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by sulakishop(m): 4:39am On Nov 24, 2023
Nigerians have endurance , nothing can be worse than what you have already experienced in Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by PewpewS32(m): 4:41am On Nov 24, 2023
tsdarkside:

mumu original....
no go find real job to do....

wetin i no know you....
i know your kind....money parasite....

not only under bus i go throw you....thunder strike you add too....

That the best you can do? grin

Pew

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:42am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Pew

am just warmin up....

4 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:43am On Nov 24, 2023
wetin be pew sef....??

4 Likes

Re: The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada by tsdarkside(m): 4:45am On Nov 24, 2023
PewpewS32:

Pew

i wan ask you something mr pew....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free / Immigration Recruitment Forms Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.