Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour (36947 Views)

Panic As Rogue Killer Soldiers Spread Deaths On Lagos Roads / Governor Bala Mohammed Holding His Umbrella Under Heavy Downpour / Three Nigerian Presidents That Named Roads After Foreign Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Ikinternational: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2019
Gforce2015:

But people from your region and other regions are still trooping in to the "garbage" some land goes for 3billion per plot in this "garbage"
And most foreigners still prefer to die in this "garbage" called Lagos than your deserted region...
I know wisdom is far from you and you are just a census number in the country... Nothing more

Guy please, if you're going to go there then post honestly. The reason Lagos is what it is today has nothing to do with it being "yoruba land" so easy with the prideful stuff.

Btw, why shouldn't EVERYONE want to be in Lagos? When major corporations/companies act like it's the only major city in Nigeria that matter?

In America, the same job you can get in NY city, you can also get in Dallas, LA, Boston, Philly, New Orleans, Detroit, Las Vegas, Atlanta etc. Can you say the same for Nigeria? How everything is so Lagos intensive. Do you get or are you still pretending?

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by NwaNimo1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
Climate change!
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Lovelyn451(f): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
Are u sure its flash or call?
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
scribble:
God punish tinubu, fashola, ambode , sanwo olu and all their cronies joining hands with them to loot the common patrimony of the people

May curses always be with them
Why not curse those who voted for them. Those who will vote for them if they still contest are the problem. Not the politicians

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by djon78(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2019
Gforce2015:

But people from your region and other regions are still trooping in to the "garbage" some land goes for 3billion per plot in this "garbage"
And most foreigners still prefer to die in this "garbage" called Lagos than your deserted region...
I know wisdom is far from you and you are just a census number in the country... Nothing more

He was comparing it to Abuja, and he was Right!!!! Anybody living in that city cuts his life span short. The stress level there is abominable.

For some that will quote economic success, over the week our president made us to know, that there are five cities controlling the wealth of Nigeria. Lagos is just one of them.
There are other peaceful cities in Nigeria were people are living cool and quality life and still make there money.

2 Likes

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Mazigabriel(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Yet people are still trooping into lagos why not live in middle belt or eastern place like enugu, imo or delta Or any other comfortable state
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Elano25(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
so far flood no enter the hotel wey I want go fvck this night grin grin , others can rot in flood .

man gats to burst some heavy nuts tonight.

U voted for change, now you have the change.
Bad man...haha
I dey one hotel jejely like this as I no fil enter my street as d rain don cuz trouble.

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
There are certain places in Lagos where flooding cannot be totally ruled out; not with the widest or deepest or free-est drainages.

However, I agree, that we can do something to improve or avoid this kind of situation. Yeah, keep our environment dirt free and stay off water channels; nature respects nothing.

Peace
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by sayisayi(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thirs pic is a mega city mess
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by pezeji(m): 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
lexy2014:

He appointed Joe igbokwe special adviser on gutter. That's something
that one only Sabi talk rubbish
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by biggy26: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Are those cars?

The life of that car can never be the same again.

Nigerians are dirty people sha. Forget bad road now, just look at our environment. How we haven't died of an epidemic in this country remains a wonder of the world. #spits
Refuse bro!
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Benwems(m): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Are those cars?

Nigerians are dirty people sha. Forget bad road now, just look at our environment. How we haven't died of an epidemic in this country remains a wonder of the world. #spits
Is this Aba? Lol.,,,
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Angelfrost(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2019
tillaman:
shey they are always boastful of being prepared to face flood and the likes

If I talk now, some warriors will bring up pictures to compare this slum to other mega cities around the world, claiming that it happens everywhere...

Something termed a rare disaster in those places, is a yearly occurrence in Lagos... How can our leaders sit up when people readily come to their defense online??!... Smh.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

If I talk now, some warriors will bring up pictures to compare this slum to other mega cities around the world, claiming that it happens everywhere...

Something termed a rare disaster in those places, is a yearly occurrence in Lagos... How can our leaders sit up when people readily come to their defense online??!... Smh.

What do you want leaders to do about filthy people? People who at the slightest sight of rain start dumping refuse into gutters. People who would buy gala and pure water, consume it and throw the wrapper on the road/street. People who would rather poo/piss in the gutters than to use the bathroom. NO SANE COUNTRY in the world has such myopic citizens, even in Afghanistan people still use common sense!

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Angelfrost(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

What do you want leaders to do about filthy people? People who at the slightest sight of rain start dumping refuse into gutters. People who would buy gala and pure water, consume it and throw the wrapper on the road/street. People who would rather poo/piss in the gutters than to use the bathroom. NO SANE COUNTRY in the world has such myopic citizens, even in Afghanistan people still use common sense!

Nigerians are not the worst people on earth... Those citizens of those nations didn't necessarily imbibe the behavior themselves, neither were they born with it... It took years of brute force, and social re-engineering...

Enforce the law with massive force, and see how Lasgidi will be cleaner than a new bathtub in a month.

2 Likes

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Gerrard59(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
danpossible:
Along-ikeja

shocked
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

Nigerians are not the worst people on earth... Those citizens of those nations didn't necessarily imbibe the behavior themselves, neither were they born with it... It took years of brute force, and social re-engineering...

Enforce the law with massive force, and see how Lasgidi will be cleaner than a new bathtub in a month.

Nigerians are one of the worst in the world statistically and sentimentally. We're talking about honesty, character, knowing right from wrong and so on, you're here talking about brute force. Get it into your head, it is not the government's job to to babysit its citizens! If a human being does not know that pooing in the gutter is crazy then tell me what would the government do to correct that? This is why Nigeria is so messed up, everything government government government, no personal or private responsibilities. You talk of social re-engineering, are you saying the most of these people don't know that it is wrong to throw refuse in the gutter? Are yo usaying they don't know it is wrong to pile up trash until it rains? The answer is simple, they know, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A F*CK!
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by aspiring44: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
tillaman:
shocked
Lagos is truly the land of aquatic splendor!!
Kini eleyi nitori olorun
Shey there’s no adequate preparation for this ni

We react more than reactive materials . We must be proactive to make things work in making a change .
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by tillaman(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2019
aspiring44:

We react more than reactive materials . We must be proactive to make things work in making a change .
well said but I don’t see anything changing sir

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by aspiring44: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
tillaman:
well said but I don’t see anything changing sir

We shouldn't give up my brother .change is dynamic.
Our orientation has to change , our mind set , our people , our environment. Both the leaders and followers are guilty .

We are running vicious cycle . if things get so bad to worst state , it can remain permanently there.

At one point in my life , I thought I won't be able to stand to make things work for me , but I got it wrong . Never the estimate the power of radical change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Iamsammy(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Are those cars?

thats oshodi under bridge
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by tillaman(m): 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
aspiring44:

We shouldn't give up my brother .change is dynamic.
Our orientation has to change , our mind set , our people , our environment. Both the leaders and followers are guilty .

We are running vicious cycle . if things get so bad to worst state , it can remain permanently there.

[/b]At one point in my life , I thought I won't be able to stand to make things work for me [b], but I got it wrong . Never the estimate the power of radical change.
hmmm that’s deep!! I once passed through that phase too and it really changed my prospects! It changed the way I see this country

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Jimmyson: 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Lagos has been over hyped...I see nothing impressive about APC ruling Lagos. What happens to the billions allocated to Lagos? The grand patron of corrupt politicians which is Tinubu (Tinubu) is the major problem of Lagos state. They keep looting the treasury of Lagos without any regards to the welfare of the State. Tinubu and APC ass lickers will definitely keep mute by avoiding this trend. I wipe for Lagos State.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Legendguru: 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2019
smiley
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2019
Elano25:

Bad man...haha
I dey one hotel jejely like this as I no fil enter my street as d rain don cuz trouble.

the climate is a boost, bro, can't miss it for nothing.

sorry for my late reply.

stay blessed, bro.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

It's the rulers/government that have been saddled with the responsibilities of putting wayward citizen in check.
Humans all over the world would do same if they have the dumb, selfish, evil set of politicians we have.

So blaming the citizen also sound myopic to me. undecided
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Angelfrost:

Seems the bro don't know or even understand the meaning of the word *government* and how it came into existence.

Or probably is a government official cos Nigerian can defend any shiiit cos of dough.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

Nigerians are one of the worst in the world statistically and sentimentally. We're talking about honesty, character, knowing right from wrong and so on, you're here talking about brute force. Get it into your head, it is not the government's job to to babysit its citizens! If a human being does not know that pooing in the gutter is crazy then tell me what would the government do to correct that? This is why Nigeria is so messed up, everything government government government, no personal or private responsibilities. You talk of social re-engineering, are you saying the most of these people don't know that it is wrong to throw refuse in the gutter? Are yo usaying they don't know it is wrong to pile up trash until it rains? The answer is simple, they know, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A F*CK!

Your first paragraph only depicts a symptom of a failed state. So what are you talking about bro
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Switruth: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
All the Lagos state government is waiting now for a good propaganda is the dry season. Unfortunately it’s not coming soon for the governors of lies
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Obdk: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
Natural disaster..
Metaphysical come and call lagos land of flood like u call South east land of erosion
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
3kay945:

Your first paragraph only depicts a symptom of a failed state. So what are you talking about bro

A failed state is not the sole responsibility of the governemnt, the citizens must accept equal and fair share of the blame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari / How Kaduna APC Delegates Reacted To Tinubu Vs Amaechi (Video) / Peter Obi Congratulates Atiku, Asks God To Bless Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.