Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,351 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour (36939 Views)

Panic As Rogue Killer Soldiers Spread Deaths On Lagos Roads / Governor Bala Mohammed Holding His Umbrella Under Heavy Downpour / Three Nigerian Presidents That Named Roads After Foreign Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2019
3kay945:

It's the rulers/government that have been saddled with the responsibilities of putting wayward citizen in check.
Humans all over the world would do same if they have the dumb, selfish, evil set of politicians we have.

So blaming the citizen also sound myopic to me. undecided

Have you ever been tothe USA, the UK or most European countries. Do you think it's only the law that keeps people in check? For any law or code to work, there must be willingless to report and ability to self monitor. If you slap your child in the USA, even tho there's no police around, the fear in you knowing that any of your neighbor or witness could call the cops means that you would be more careful never to repeat it. In the UK, it's possible that you can tie down salah goats and Christmas chickens at your home for days but the fear knowing that people are watching you is enough for you to think twice. These are just small examples of cooperation between the governemnt and the citizens. The myopic thing to do is continue believing government is solely responsible for your well being!
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by chocboi78(m): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
Suspect33:
Tomorrow one iidiot will compare this garbage to Abuja angry
asin eh......d tin weak me.lol
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by chocboi78(m): 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Gforce2015:

But people from your region and other regions are still trooping in to the "garbage" some land goes for 3billion per plot in this "garbage"
And most foreigners still prefer to die in this "garbage" called Lagos than your deserted region...
I know wisdom is far from you and you are just a census number in the country... Nothing more
oga keep quiet.lagos is a very dirty place and cnt be compared to abj in terms of that. People troop into Lagos because it's the center of commerce.. Lagos is DIRTY
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

Have you ever been tothe USA, the UK or most European countries. Do you think it's only the law that keeps people in check? For any law or code to work, there must be willingless to report and ability to self monitor. If you slap your child in the USA, even tho there's no police around, the fear in you knowing that any of your neighbor or witness could call the cops means that you would be more careful never to repeat it. In the UK, it's possible that you can tie down salah goats and Christmas chickens at your home for days but the fear knowing that people are watching you is enough for you to think twice. These are just small examples of cooperation between the governemnt and the citizens. The myopic thing to do is continue believing government is solely responsible for your well being!

Bro, am not here to convince you o. But you still dont fully comprehend the meaning of the word state" or government. Google is your friend.

Let me even try thinking in your direction. Now that the people are bad according to you, how do we redeem them You will still end up with the government to put sanity.

Million of people were in Saudi Arabia few months ago including the Nigerians you are condemning, you need to see the level of strategical plans, schedule of activities and strict adherence to set rules. Why didnt our naija brothers present misbehave It is simple! The set rules and consequences are there for all.

Those are serious leaders full of ideas and fear of God and humanity. Not the set of evil politicians you defending here.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

A failed state is not the sole responsibility of the governemnt, the citizens must accept equal and fair share of the blame.

grin hmm, i hear.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2019
3kay945:

Bro, am not here to convince you o. But you still dont fully comprehend the meaning of the word state" or government. Google is your friend.

Let me even try thinking in your direction. Now that the people are bad according to you, how do we redeem them You will still end up with the government to put sanity.

Million of people were in Saudi Arabia few months ago including the Nigerians you are condemning, you need to see the level of strategical plans, schedule of activities and strict adherence to set rules. Why didnt our naija brothers present misbehave It is simple! The set rules and consequences are there for all.

Those are serious leaders full of ideas and fear of God and humanity. Not the set of evil politicians you defending here.

You're not arguing based on solid facts but rather sentiments. You gave one example of where Nigerians follow the law, I can counter it with 5 more examples where they broke the law abroad and went scot free. On Nairaland homepage today, fellow Nigerians practicing cultism in America came to disrupt a concert. Daily cases of scammers ripping off unsuspecting Americans and so on. Laws require two conditions, implementation/enforcement and reporting, without both the law would fail drastically. The government cannot do it alone, no sane country has a system where the government controls every aspect of law and order. The same Saudi that you quoted wanted to execute a bunch of Nigerians for drug trafficking some time ago, which proves that laws or no laws, people will behave according to their nature. Take it or leave it, the average Nigerian would take advantage of his or her neighbor if/when given the opportunity. Blame it on the government but who exactly is the government? No be people like you and I? From Councillors to Local Government chairmen and above, it's a cultural thing my friend. FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT SINCE 1960©
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

You're not arguing based on solid facts but rather sentiments. You gave one example of where Nigerians follow the law, I can counter it with 5 more examples where they broke the law abroad and went scot free. On Nairaland homepage today, fellow Nigerians practicing cultism in America came to disrupt a concert. Daily cases of scammers ripping off unsuspecting Americans and so on. Laws require two conditions, implementation/enforcement and reporting, without both the law would fail drastically. The government cannot do it alone, no sane country has a system where the government controls every aspect of law and order. The same Saudi that you quoted wanted to execute a bunch of Nigerians for drug trafficking some time ago, which proves that laws or no laws, people will behave according to their nature. Take it or leave it, the average Nigerian would take advantage of his or her neighbor if/when given the opportunity. Blame it on the government but who exactly is the government? No be people like you and I? From Councillors to Local Government chairmen and above, it's a cultural thing my friend. FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT SINCE 1960©

undecided
I am not even arguing anything with you. What has sentiment got to do with what I have said so far?
Anyway, do you take time to check the meaning or how "state" or government" comes into place?

You should try it. Chill out!
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2019
3kay945:

undecided
I am not even arguing anything with you. What has sentiment got to do with what I have said so far?
Anyway, do you take time to check the meaning or how "state" or government" comes into place?

You should try it. Chill out!

Lol....Don't need to, If as an auditor I don't know the role/functions of the government then I should be flogged grin grin grin
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

Lol....Don't need to, If as an auditor I don't know the role/functions of the government then I should be flogged grin grin grin

You need koboko then.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
fergie001:
So why was ambode removed again?

Has it been corrected now?

So you want Lagos to be fixed in 100+ day?

Ambode was removed cos of political difference's not because he underperformed, and that's politics for you.

Let give sanwo little time, maybe just maybe...
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by abbey621(m): 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2019
3kay945:

You need koboko then.

Thought you were done arguing? Try and visit the USA or the UK and see how citizens and government work in partnership....Shalom!
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by 3kay945(m): 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
abbey621:

Thought you were done arguing? Try and visit the USA or the UK and see how citizens and government work in partnership....Shalom!

Yea, I am. cool
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Amstupid(m): 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
whytediamond:
Lagos is not a place worthy of habitation, but my billions lie there grin grin grin

Good environment, no money for pocket, you go soon come join us here.

I left the beauty and serenity of J-town for the dirty and flooded Lagos, any regrets, no way.

For me to leave Lagos, e must be yankee calling. grin grin grin

Peace grin
I need ur help sir
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by fergie001: 12:06am On Oct 13, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

So you want Lagos to be fixed in 100+ day?

Ambode was removed cos of political difference's not because he underperformed, and that's politics for you.

Let give sanwo little time, maybe just maybe...
Maybe what?
At 100 days, we knew what Fashola and Ambode had done?
Ambode wasn't even directly in the government before his ascension.
Let alone this one that had been handling a parastatal for how many years now?
Political differences or not, Sanwo-Olu is Gov and should act like one.
Sanwo knew since last year he was going to be Gov and is behaving like he went in there yesterday.
Tell me his blueprint after 100 days. At 100 days, others had something. Don't justify this man's insensitivity abeg.

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by idesylvester(m): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2019
fergie001:
So why was ambode removed again?

Has it been corrected now?
Ambode refused to share the money with thifenubu and he hot angry and fix a mr share money with no work... funny country

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by ifyalways(f): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2019
Sanwo olu is yet to hit the ground running and its very disappointing to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by fergie001: 7:00am On Oct 13, 2019
idesylvester:
Ambode refused to share the money with thifenubu and he hot angry and fix a mr share money with no work... funny country
You no lie,bros
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2019
We may have to go the Kenya route and outlaw plastic bags. Coca-Cola is already subtly doing this as they are bringing back and promoting glass bottles.

A lot of this is due to all the disposables blocking gutters.
Re: Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
codedcliq:
[b][/b]

He wasn't following their "masterplan"
hello sir. Hoping you'd get to read this. Planning to make payment for a car from our 'canada guy'. Please, any specific advice/pointers from your experience with him. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu: DSS Orders Journalists Out Of Presidential Villa / Timipre Sylva And Governor Wike Laughing, Shaking Each Other (Caption Photo) / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.