Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? (16913 Views)

Data Analyst Or Web Developer. Which Should One Start First. / Difference Between Website Design, Front End And Back End Development / As A Python Developer, Which IDE Do You Use? What Do You Think Of Pycharm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by ekwelive: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Back end will be better for me,I enjoy it more from the back

grin
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Cousin9999: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2019
KevMitnick:
It really doesn't matter, developers are poorly paid in this part of the world. So except you're going away from here, I think the correct answer will be just for academic purposes.

Your location is irrelevant if you're experienced and good.

3 Likes

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by donifez(m): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2019
I am a Frontend Developer and with what I have seen so far. They pay backend a bit better. Money should not be your primary focus though. Some Companies don't even know what they want, they will advertise for a Frontend Job, once you get there they will start asking you backend questions too. Why not just state that you need a Fullstack.

5 Likes

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 7:26am On Nov 01, 2019
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Haryoureendey4(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2019
As a newbie dat started learning 2weeks ago, please who can upload d screenshot or different between frontend and backend pls
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by beatmonster(m): 7:35am On Nov 01, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Back end will be better for me,I enjoy it more from the back

grin
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by DissTroy(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2019
sparkle7:
Between the Engine of a lamboghini and its exterior which one costs more?
Well, it depends on the stack you use,. I have seen a frontend developer salary of more than 400k. But the the frameworks is just too much and you you need at least 4+ years experience. So for frontend, you need HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Ajax, Vie and some other js framework.
But on a normal ground with all things been equal, a php, ruby or python developer Worth's more than an average frontend developer.
Why you ask? Because almost everyone can make a web design these days. Also there are some WYSIWYG that you can just drag and drop widgets to get a basic professional web design.
So the way to go is full stack if possible.
But then, it depends on the number of frameworks you are proficient in and your portfolio speaks a lot for you.
My verdict: back end developer any day anytime, java is a good one with high pay especially if you know spring boot and MVC software design architecture.
Php is also good. Python is hot! Especially using django or flask frameworks.
But the thing is to be a master in the language you are currently on. The likely hood of being hired will increase.

By the way am a junior django/python developer.

For most clients, the UI and the design rank highest for them. I know someone collected #250,000 for a job who used basically a customizable freemium theme and a premium page builder with several add-ons to complete the job. The client was super-excited with the finished job 'cause the UI and design was top-notch.

3 Likes

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Icequeen94(f): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2019
Hello, it all depends on where you are working, your level of experience and what you are doing.
But as seen on mysalaryscale website, front end developers earn more than back end developers.

[/quote]
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by AntiWailer: 8:07am On Nov 01, 2019
Full Stack
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by PrinceGallant: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2019
Sirmuel1:

Can you recommend a good place/institution in Nigeria where one can learn programming?

Where do you stay in Nigeria, precisely your area. Not just say Lagos, say I live in Agege, Lagos. Apata Ibadan
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Mexyz(m): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2019
PrinceGallant:

Where do you stay in Nigeria, precisely your area. Not just say Lagos, say I live in Agege, Lagos. Apata Ibadan
Boss good morning, I live in Ketu, any good institution around that area to learn?
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by melodyogonna(m): 8:17am On Nov 01, 2019
Why not go full-stack?
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 01, 2019
xamuel17:
most Nigerian companies expects you to know both of them and in most cases provide solution to any computer related issue. so its best you have all the skill set whether front or backend ..

where I work, asides coding we do lots of data analysis and reports geneorations (using SQL).

Where is that bro, I am a data scientist
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by abumeinben(m): 8:29am On Nov 01, 2019
helinues:
Middle end developer

undecided undecided

Wait....

Lover of astronomy?
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by khalidx: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2019
PrinceGallant:

Abuja, Lugbe
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by PrinceGallant: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2019
Mexyz:
Boss good morning, I live in Ketu, any good institution around that area to learn?

I suggest SOFT NOTCH in Ifako/Gbagada.
Take a bus going to Iyana Oworo/New Garage and stop at New Garage. From there take a bike or keke to Ifako.Tell them Deeper Life Church. Drop at the junction on the right.
Address is 2 Ajayi Aina Street, Opposite Deeper life church.

From Estate or Ketu Tipper, you can...
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by efighter: 8:41am On Nov 01, 2019
KevMitnick:
It really doesn't matter, developers are poorly paid in this part of the world. So except you're going away from here, I think the correct answer will be just for academic purposes.

Do you ever see, hear or say anything good or positive in your life? I know several developers who earn between one mullion and two million naira per month, I also know several who earn peanuts. Stop poisoning people's mind, if you want to leave Nigeria, leave but don't carry hard drugs.

3 Likes

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by helinues: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2019
abumeinben:

Wait....

Lover of astronomy?

Who knows... wink wink
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by EkwensuAmosu1: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Who knows... wink wink
[/s]
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Icequeen94(f): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2019
Hello, it all depends on where you are working, your level of experience and what you are doing. But as seen on mysalaryscale website, front end developers earn more than back end developers.
udoekere:
Hi Nairalanders, As a web developer Which job title has a higher
salary, front-end developer or
back-end developer?

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Mexyz(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2019
PrinceGallant:

I suggest SOFT NOTCH in Ifako/Gbagada.
Take a bus going to Iyana Oworo/New Garage and stop at New Garage. From there take a bike or keke to Ifako.Tell them Deeper Life Church. Drop at the junction on the right.
Address is 2 Ajayi Aina Street, Opposite Deeper life church.

From Estate or Ketu Tipper, you can...

Thanks brother
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by SolarKing1: 8:57am On Nov 01, 2019
Any good Web developer here should contact me ASAP! We have a project for you. 08 02943 5407
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2019
udoekere:
back-end developer?

If you are good at what you do.. u will always find work.....
I usually don't consider web development but for this question...... Neither is higher... Depending on ur skills and level... A senior frontend developer will always earn more than a junior backend developer and vice versa... But companies tend to pay more for backend developers because of the work done.... Any photographer or good graphic designer can easily work out frontend development.. but backend is where the real task is...

Backend tends to be more like programming even though it's just logical and less mathematical almost like real programming... Anyway like some people said full stack is the highest paid... I'm yet to see a senior backend developer that doesn't know frontend well.. even though he may not do much of it.

5 Likes

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by aldexrio(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2019
xamuel17:
most Nigerian companies expects you to know both of them and in most cases provide solution to any computer related issue. so its best you have all the skill set whether front or backend ..

where I work, asides coding we do lots of data analysis and reports generations (using SQL).

Hi pls if its no problem at all to you can i know the software or programme you use for data analysis and report generation thanks
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by lewis512(m): 9:39am On Nov 01, 2019
Haryoureendey4:
As a newbie dat started learning 2weeks ago, please who can upload d screenshot or different between frontend and backend pls
this really show you are a newbie indeed , Google can help with that for better understanding ... no one screenshots the front and backend
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by boborneyor(m): 9:43am On Nov 01, 2019
PrinceGallant:

I am a beginner myself , I hope this helps cool

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by vezycash(m): 9:47am On Nov 01, 2019
udoekere:
back-end developer?

The one wey u sabi pass
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by soleexx(m): 9:56am On Nov 01, 2019
Haryoureendey4:

Front-end is about the layout you see in a webpage

Back-end is the hidden part a user can't see but perform the major job

Eg

Atm Machine

Front-end... inserting ur card and selecting ur cash amount

back-end... is how the atm recognized ur card and accept ur pin....

4 Likes

Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by soleexx(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2019
I used to knw 2 friends that learnt web development in different places... after completing d course
one is an expert in Front-end other expert in back-end...
they work together sometime to handle big time project
Re: Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? by KevMitnick: 10:01am On Nov 01, 2019
efighter:

Do you ever see, hear or say anything good or positive in your life? I know several developers who earn between one mullion and two million naira per month, I also know several who earn peanuts. Stop poisoning people's mind, if you want to leave Nigeria, leave but don't carry hard drugs.
Why are you getting violent? We are all entitled to our opinions, why are you having seizures over my comment? I think you should believe what you want and let others do same, it won't hurt. Besides, have you taken your meds today? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Magento Marketplace Multi Vendor Module Only $299 By Magebay.com / List Of All IT Certifications 1611 / The Myth Of Saturation With Regards To Web Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.