Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

So Long As We Continue Like This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Long As We Continue Like This (566 Views)

Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Can We Continue Like This? PDP Supporters, Be Sincere! / Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Long As We Continue Like This by mcdokwe(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2010
So long as we continue playing the politics of "we" versus "them", of the winner takes it all, so long as we keep bringing in the issues of ethnicity and religion into national politics; we can never get it right, we shall always remain toddlers, crawling in our old age.
For us to become a great nation, which we have what it takes be, we must first overcome the twin evil of religion and ethnicity bedevilling the polity in our dear country NIGERIA.

I wish to make a passionate appeal to my fellow youths not to be drawn into all this
Re: So Long As We Continue Like This by aljharem(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2010
look, do not pity ur generation

it is not everyone on this forum are in nigeria

all we just do is to try and remove the hate and lies igbo parent have given to there children, we still love each other but the igbos in the usa don't and they are very trabalistic in ther views.
Re: So Long As We Continue Like This by jason12345: 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2010
mcdokwe:

So long as we continue playing the politics of "we" versus "them", of the winner takes it all, so long as we keep bringing in the issues of ethnicity and religion into national politics; we can never get it right, we shall always remain toddlers, crawling in our old age.
For us to become a great nation, which we have what it takes be, we must first overcome the twin evil of religion and ethnicity bedevilling the polity in our dear country NIGERIA.

I wish to make a passionate appeal to my fellow youths not to be drawn into all this

most of the people causing discord are in diaspora!!! you have to understand that nigeria does nt actually work this way.
Re: So Long As We Continue Like This by mcdokwe(m): 11:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
@jason, even at that are they not Nigerians, What do they stand to gain by fanning the embers of discord?
We must all accept the fact that fate brought us together.
We are one people with one destiny, we can not continue to blame the past for the woes of the present, but we can modify the present for the future, a better, collective future
Re: So Long As We Continue Like This by jason12345: 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2010
mcdokwe:

@jason, even at that are they not Nigerians, What do they stand to gain by fanning the embers of discord?
We must all accept the fact that fate brought us together.
We are one people with one destiny, we can not continue to blame the past for the woes of the present, but we can modify the present for the future, a better, collective future

from your name, i think you have igbo ancestry, right?

you have to understand that this people from diaspora and the major cause of internet wars. i am all in it for unity but the fathers of the igbos in diaspora have filled there brains with hatred and lies. when i school in nigeria, i never notice any form of tribalism or hatred until i stared reading NL.

all in all, you are right!!! but will the internet warriors (yorubas and igbos) comply?
Re: So Long As We Continue Like This by EzeUche0(m): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2010
Sorry but my ethnicity is everything!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Fails To Stop Strike / Official Prediction Thread: Who Will Be The President Of Nigeria In 2011? / Vc Resigns Over Ogun Controversial Bond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.