Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security (35958 Views)

10 Most Wanted People Hiding From Nigeria’s Security Agencies (Photos) / Ahmed Husein Shot Dead For Exposing Massive Corruption / INVESTIGATION: When Generals Turn Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
sirblend:
Corruption everywhere.

Hi NAIRALANDERS..
I am seriously in need of a government job... Whoever would help me get a FG job would take my salary for six months .

WTF

And what you are doing is the same old corruption

After you will be shouting Buhari and Jonathan.

Find a real job please.

And don't tell me story about 'everybody is doing it', 'I am suffering' etc. That we are poor is because too many people bought their way to government jobs.

3 Likes

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by TooMuchStuff: 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hy
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by ibechris(m): 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
That is why Bokoharam has been turned into business.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Ritelar: 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Welcome to my country, Nigeria
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
So what is the fate of Dasuki now that we have this going on?
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
Racoon:
Imagine Maj.Gen.Otiki moving #500million from a supposed war-ravaged area to a more peaceful Abuja.Why will troops not continue to die sense- less deaths with the greed of these generals? cry

The present government have bred and legalized its own brand of brazen corruption in all strata of our national life.Imagine what a corrupt military will do to a nation.

Sad, they were voted to change things...which isn't what they are doing.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by nonjebose(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
Defense contracts are the biggest source of corruption.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by ogashman(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2019
And later some people would be shouting "Nigeria shall be great".

I keep telling folks....this country is dead and can never be resurrected. Not in this generation.

2 Likes

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
mikkycoins:
Part of the reasons why Boko haram and herdsmen are still terrorizing Nigeria is because top security chiefs and politicians see it as a cash cow to loot funds. They pay lip service to it so it will linger for a long time.
Our democracy since 1999 is far worse than military regimes.

Original 64gb Kingston memory cards for 4500 naira. Free delivery nationwide
Check my signature

Yes , very true...but even if we removed corruption, the war against Boko is going to take a very long time.

Boko isn't in this war to win it....that's not their idea.

The idea is to harry and harrass their enemies....day by day, and dig in for the long term , while hoping that the enemy becomes weak, gives up, and leaves some space, which they then exploit. Rinse and repeat. If it takes them 70 years, they don't care (What even makes it worse is that they believe their reward isn't here . Islamizing West Africa is really just a bonus).

To parphrase Mao Zedong...

The enemy advances, we retreat; the enemy camps, we harass; the enemy tires, we attack; the enemy retreats, we pursue

Rinse and repeat. Every terrorist group has followed this manual from Chairman Mao, whether they are Marxists or not. And it took Mao over 20 years to go from Jinagxi to Beijing. It took the Ayatollah Khomeni 10 years to go from Paris to Teheran.

What is left for us Nigerians, is to show Boko Haram the door by practicing good governance, even when it does not favour us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by awoluyi(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2019
How i wish these Generals and Contractors were citizens of South-Korea.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Otunski: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2019
Brunch of pot bellied thieves calling themselves Generals. Common to travel by road from Abuja to Kaduna is a no no for them , they rely on train like their Civilian counterparts to get to Kaduna from Abuja or vice versa.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by donprinyo(m): 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2019
U will sorry to know de who de real yahoo yahoo are.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by jamace(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
awoluyi:
How i wish these Generals and Contractors were citizens of South-Korea.
I wish the publication will expose everybody in the scandal by name and all. I hate reading "....unnamed...." in corruption narratives. And the publication should include bandit generals in present government.,

1 Like

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by eagleu: 12:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Exposing corrupt generals under Dasuki and GEJ is good, but exposing current generals who are obviously even more corrupt will be better.

1 Like

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by TSRC: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
High crimes against the state. If they were Chinese, their bodies would have rot by now.

Buhari would finish an entire 8 years without contributing anything significant to the military.
Either in reducing corruption or creating a lean and efficient military.

A complete waste of eight years.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Princedapace(m): 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
U guys don't understand, that is why I do not go about defending black race. Blacks are greedy and money driven. While whites are greedy agaisnt other races, blacks are greedy against their own race. A typical black man will sell his entire village for a mansion in London.
Tell me why someone would be so comfortable to steal over 400 million?

What happened in Nigeria was simple: the past administration was stealing, the people outside were angry that they were not given the opportunity to steal as much as those who were in power. So they did every thing possible to remove those in power. The new guys came in and replaced the old guys to continue looting. If the current guys leave office, the guys weeping now will get in and continue where they stopped. That is how bloody the country is.

The ruling class will always deceive the masses with political appointments to their region. A black man is naturally a racist. So if ur region gets presidency, u dont mind as long as u get presidency. That has been the weapon used by the elites. From east to north, the entire country is wack. What the masses consider important to fight for is political appointments based on region. Haha hahahahahaha. Black race no be race.

7 Likes

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by happydays1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
absurd
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by TSRC: 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
Princedapace:
U guys don't understand, that is why I do not go about defending black race. Blacks are greedy and money driven. While whites are greedy agaisnt other races, blacks are greedy against their own race. A typical black man will sell his entire village for a mansion in London.

What happened in Nigeria was simple: the past administration was stealing, the people outside were angry that they were not given the opportunity to steal as much as those who were in power. So they did every thing possible to remove those in power. The new guys came in and replaced the old guys to continue looting. If the current guys leave office, the guys weeping now will get in and continue where they stopped. That is how bloody the country is.

The ruling class will always deceive the masses with political appointments to their region. A black man is naturally a racist. So if ur region gets presidency, u dont mind as long as u get presidency. That has been the weapon used by the elites. From east to north, the entire country is wack. What the masses consider important to fight for is political appointments based on region. Haha hahahahahaha. Black race no be race.
Ojukwu was a black man.
His military was highly efficient and punched above its weight even under embargo.

What you have in Nigeria is a case of unpatriotic and mentally inebriated leaders.

3 Likes

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Princedapace(m): 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=TSRC post=83097295]
Ojukwu was a black man.
His military was highly efficient and punched above its weight even under embargo.

What you have in Nigeria is a case of unpatriotic and mentally inebriated leaders.[/quote

Pls don't even mention that guy here. He was one of them. U don't fight war when u are not ready. His mistake affected the entire black race. The east would have become the light of the black race.

3 Likes

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
this is why Buhari will never release dasuki, no matter how many court order are issued. this goes beyond simple corruption - this was treason. nigeria's military was degraded because the GEJ administration were more concerned with using Boko Haram as an ATM. this is what the western powers all knew, and this was why they wanted GEJ out.

look at how those bastards were doing shady money laundering operations in SA, carrying 15 million in dollars on a plane. they may as well have been narcos.

and this is why IMHO, they ried to kill buhari. i do not for one moment think it was any normal sickness buhari had that time he was in britain, especially as he vacated his offices upon his return because of 'rats' that had always been a part of the scenery

looking forward to the full article.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Princedapace:

I don't agree with your idea that black people are more greedy than white people.

White people used to run very crrupt societies. (The UK of the 18th and 19 th cetury used to be as corrupt as Nigeria. And the US....once upon a time, getting jobs in government was basically man know man).

The reason why they are less corrupt...is because white societies are industrial by nature. As a result, if things are not working like light and power, and trasport, etc....their ability to be productive is lost...which means poverty for all, including the elite. So, petty corruption is not allowed.

Also, white people have in times past deposed their corrupt leaders violently. The currentl elite know that.

In Africa., our ability to earn money is not dependent on having light or water really. Just dig out the raw materials and transport it. (Nigeria's rail system was not designed to transport people, but to transport raw materials to the coast for export). As a result, corruption is excessive, since government revenues are not dependent on light and water and transport working. That's why things ain't working in Nigeria.

One more thing, White societies went through a lot of hardship to build their countries up. Nigerians perefer welfare.

1 Like

Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by ruggedtimi(m): 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
na that kind deal i want get
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Minjim: 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
mikkycoins:
Part of the reasons why Boko haram and herdsmen are still terrorizing Nigeria is because top security chiefs and politicians see it as a cash cow to loot funds. They pay lip service to it so it will linger for a long time.
Our democracy since 1999 is far worse than military regimes.
When sandisc is #3500 at Alaba

Original 64gb Kingston memory cards for 4500 naira. Free delivery nationwide
Check my signature

When Sandisc is #3500 at Alaba
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Chukwurah003: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
Citytrend:
shocked shocked
As if you don't know the System with which this country was built is a time Bomb! And the problem is that you dare not dare it. You will be Jailed. Ask Sowe is current in Prison for a Crime He never commited

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below in Red Letters to Chat me up

You’re totally wrong about Sowore.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by islandmoon: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
lord of mercy
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by Princedapace(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

I don't agree with your idea that black people are more greedy than white people.

White people used to run very crrupt societies. (The UK of the 18th and 19 th cetury used to be as corrupt as Nigeria. And the US....once upon a time, getting jobs in government was basically man know man).

The reason why they are less corrupt...is because white societies are industrial by nature. As a result, if things are not working like light and power, and trasport, etc....their ability to be productive is lost...which means poverty for all, including the elite. So, petty corruption is not allowed.

Also, white people have in times past deposed their corrupt leaders violently. The currentl elite know that.

In Africa., our ability to earn money is not dependent on having light or water really. Just dig out the raw materials and transport it. (Nigeria's rail system was not designed to transport people, but to transport raw materials to the coast for export). As a result, corruption is excessive, since government revenues are not dependent on light and water and transport working. That's why things ain't working in Nigeria.

One more thing, White societies went through a lot of hardship to build their countries up. Nigerians perefer welfare.

What u mentioned here are accurate but still boils down to same thing: a typical black man can sell his entire village for a mansion in London. Humanity is naturally greedy. The whites decided to use the weakness on other countries to build their own country. I am so angry right now. This president has been in power completing five years yet, electricity is still as it was few years back.

Sincerely, what they do here is simply change govt and rotate the share of govt fund. How can blacks not fix electricity in this 21 century because they wana loot the money and make more money from the country. It is so disheartening and threatening my believe in Christianity.
Re: When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security by mikkycoins(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Minjim:

When Sandisc is #3500 at Alaba
Check the class of the sandisk as it comes in different specs
The original class 10 sells above that
Btw.the 4500 naira is inclusive of delivery cost nationwide too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eunice Omaye Odoba Stabbed To Death In Otukpo (Photo) / Police Discover Bomb Factory In Ebonyi (photos) / Woman Stealing A Bag At RCCG Church In Lagos Caught (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.