Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Moving From Glory To Glory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moving From Glory To Glory (543 Views)

The Remarkable Story Of Kathryn Kuhlman's Transition To Glory / From Glory To Glory / From Glory To Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moving From Glory To Glory by judedwriter(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2019
Proverbs 4:18
King James Version
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Proverbs 4:18
World English Bible
But the path of the righteous is like the dawning light, that shines more and more until the perfect day.

One of God's major plan is that we keep progressing in life from one level of glory to higher levels of glory.

Stagnation and regression are not from the Lord. The Lord expects us to keep progressing in life from glory to glory. It really doesn't matter how glorious your life is now, there are still greater levels of glory you are yet to reach. Why? God's glory is immeasurable and inexhaustible.

The enemy has deceived many of us to think that stagnation is normal. No, Far from the truth! When we remain too long in a stationary position, decay, rot and wastage slowing creeps in.

John 5:1-8
1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.

3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.

4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.

6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?

7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

The paralysed man at the pool had been there for 38 years! He had been waiting there in vain for an angel to intervene.

His case exemplifies many of us today. We have been on the same position financially, numerically, spiritually and materially for so many years unaccounted.

Sadly, most people are just content with the way they are. They don't realise that there is still so much ahead of them to achieve and possess; so much ground ahead of them to advance.

The sad truth is that many people live many years behind where they ought to be. When you are not making progress in life as you ought to, precious time begins to waste.

Joel 2:25
And I will RESTORE to you the YEARS that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

When we remain stagnant for too long, we waste our years on earth. The man at the pool of bethsadia wasted 38 years of his life waiting in vain for a miracle.

Genesis 1:28
Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply...

God didn't create man to be stagnant. He created man to be keep on being fruitful, to keep on being successful and to keep on multiplying.

Psalm 115:14
The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.

God's plan is that we keep increasing in life! Its hard to believe, but its true! Life is all about progress; if we aren't moving upward continually, then there is a serious problem.

For example the level you are in now in October 2019 is not expected to be the same in October 2020. When we have the mindset of moving from glory to glory, our lives will keep transforming gloriously to the surprise of many.

However as bad as stagnation is, it is nothing to compare with regression or backwardness.

Mark 5:25-29
And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.

She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.

When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak,
because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.”

Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

The bleeding woman's case kept getting worst and worst until she was poor because of overspending on treatments. Because of her condition, she kept going backwards in life instead of forward.

Some people aren't stagnant in life like many, rather they keep going backwards; their situation keeps going worst and worst. How many people have we seen who started so well and then suddenly they are so far behind?

To move forward increasingly in life, we need to understand the glory of God and how to increase in it. The more of God's glory in your life, the more progress you will make. Even if nobody is moving around you, the glory of God will push you ahead of others.

Simply put, the glory of God is the manifestation of His presence by His Word and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1-3)

Whenever we spend much time in God's Word and pray or worship, God's glory is revealed on and through us.

We can understand how God's glory functions in Genesis 1:1-3:

The glory of God took charge over the darkness on earth and subjected it. Similarly, the glory of God takes charge of any spiritual darkness in our lives that are restricting us from advancing and succeeding.

Deuteronomy 8:18
But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the power to produce wealth...

The glory of God empowers us to be fruitful, successful and rich in life.

A lot of God's people are struggling in life because they don't understand how to walk in God's glory. Now you do, go and be fruitful by spending much time in God's Word!

Believe it or not, the rapture of the church will happen and Jesus is coming for a glorious church. He isn't coming for a poor, suffering, sinful, demonised, stagnant, diseased and backward church, but a GLORIOUS one!

In conclusion, the major reason why God wants us to move from glory to glory is to effectively advance the gospel and salvation of souls globally!

(1) (Reply)

Wife Allegedly Got Pregnant By Her Pastor, Now This Happened To Her Husband / Pastor's Daughter Creates Sex Rosters For Her Three Husbands. / Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @ The November 2019 Rccg Shiloh Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.