Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,247 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Fg's Plan To Scrap Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Fg's Plan To Scrap Nysc (1064 Views)

We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG / Bill To Scrap NYSC Has Just Been Rejected / Legal Tussle To Scrap NYSC Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fg's Plan To Scrap Nysc by habumaks(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2007
I dont know if it is true but there's this rumours going round that Federal Government will eventually do away with this service thing because it spent not less that 250 thousand on each student. So instead of that huge expenditure the FG decides to give each student may be 100 - 150k to start up something b4 getting employed.

Is this a very good idea? My fellow Nairalanders please respond to this.
Re: Fg's Plan To Scrap Nysc by DisGuy: 6:48pm On May 20, 2007
Yes O!! is it very good! some countries got rid of their national service programmes decades ago, if the purpose of the nysc is for integration then they can spread all their govt headquarter around the country instead of abuja and lagos then post people to those states, they can also encourage other companies to spread their headquarter to other region.

N250k can start something and 4 students > N1million wink

(1) (Reply)

Proceeding On Uk Masters Without Nysc / Pls I Need Help Urgently / Picture ---' Is This Nigerian Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.