Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Food For Thought - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Food For Thought (384 Views)

Palm Wine Tapper Caught Trying To Smuggle Food For Kidnappers In A Farm In Delta / Girl's Best Friend Poisoned Her, Thought She Was Dead, First To Write R.I.P. / Lady Raises Hand Against Soldier She Thought Was A Bike Rider & She Gets A Slap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food For Thought by Glycosunde: 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
Copied from a friend but it is worth reading

As we saw it happened between University professors and their female students, that is how it happens between Corpers serving in secondary schools and their female students. That is how it also happens between Senior students or school prefects in secondary schools and their JSS 3 or SS1 female students.

As we saw it happened between pastors/priests and their parishioners, that is how it happens between a boss and his secretary or subordinate. That is how it happens between an Oga in a big house and his house help. That is how it happens between those that own hotels and the females employed by them. Note even many 'madams' in various fields are not also left out of these menaces.

In all these scenarios, the common denominators are the same: power, social status, decayed morals, lack of repercussion.

After our priestly ordination, our dean of students then, Rev Fr Patrick Akekpe MSP, called all of us, the newly ordained and gave us this advice from his heart which has remained with me. I will paraphrase based on how I understood him:

"All these while you have been seminarians, women may not have noticed you. It is not because you are not cute and attractive. No! Women are mostly attracted to men in power and men who have social and economic security. Fortunately or Unfortunately for you, the priesthood comes with both and even more.

"You too, you may not have noticed some women or girls. . . Not because you don't see them, being a seminarian may have restricted you. But you will soon start seeing them once you become conscious of those powers and social status and freedom that come with the priesthood you just received. And don't forget, being a priest does not remove your human feelings.

"Be discipline! Be careful! You were ordained to create change, not to be changed."

Anytime I reflect on those words, I find them very deep. Truth is, in a position of authority or with financial security and maybe secrecy, our real persons come out.

As I keep saying, you may not truly understand what you will be capable of doing when it comes to sex if you are still in your parents' house or staying with someone. No power/authority. No money. You eat free food. They wake you up for prayers. And your life is so monitored that even if you want to see any girl, you can't have privacy.

You will start understanding these things once you have power. A job that places you at a higher position and gives you financial security and social status. A car of your own. A nice house. And how people in the office or classroom address you as "Sir."

This is where the real test of who you are comes out. That ugly act from those university lecturers you saw on BBC documentary might also be living in you, only that you have not been placed in a position where it can come out.

And so I say to you, be disciplined, be careful, you are meant to create a positive change in our society, don't let the society change who you are.

Have a blessed day dear friends!

#SexForGrade

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought by NiCurious: 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
In fact, all of us have the power to create change, whether we are in "positions of power", or not. The change we create is in the way we conduct our lives, and in the examples we set. Happy Sunday.

(1) (Reply)

51 Years Old Woman Cultists Has Arrested For Beating Ebonyi Couple / Video:hong Kong Protesters Sets Man On Fire For Disagreeing With Their Movement / A Secondary School Student Suspected To Be A Cultist Allegedly Stabbed His Fello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.