Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Is Trust A Mirage??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Trust A Mirage??? (199 Views)

Trust; A Virtue Into Fable / My Life Is Now A Mirage Without Hope. / Trust God, And Act!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Trust A Mirage??? by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
How do you feel when someone walks up to you and tell you "hey, you're one of the few I trust"? Believe me, those statements doesn't just come out of nothing. Now, what if the scenario changes and the same person tells you "I always trusted you, but..." Definitely, you can imagine how you'll feel hence after the either of the two scenarios.

Trust according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is "believe that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, efficient etc". Do we think we can have a complete life without trust

I have had people or perhaps I'll say I know people who believe that they can't trust themselves not to talk of others. Well, I believe people have their reasons but my position is far from this. We can't live a lives completely without trust. Have you ever doubted why your mother is your mother? surely we can't because of two things: firstly because she's the only one since our birth that have claimed to be truly our mother and secondly because no other person have come to raise a point of objection saying "hey young man, I am your real mother". We therefore believed and trusted her to be our mother without doubt.
Re: Is Trust A Mirage??? by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
BalogunIdowu:

How do you feel when someone walks up to you and tell you "hey, you're one of the few I trust"? Believe me, those statements doesn't just come out of nothing. Now, what if the scenario changes and the same person tells you "I always trusted you, but..." Definitely, you can imagine how you'll feel hence after the either of the two scenarios.

Trust according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is "believe that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, efficient etc". Do we think we can have a complete life without trust

I have had people or perhaps I'll say I know people who believe that they can't trust themselves not to talk of others. Well, I believe people have their reasons but my position is far from this. We can't live a lives completely without trust. Have you ever doubted why your mother is your mother? surely we can't because of two things: firstly because she's the only one since our birth that have claimed to be truly our mother and secondly because no other person have come to raise a point of objection saying "hey young man, I am your real mother". We therefore believed and trusted her to be our mother without doubt.

Trust cannot be in mirage. I've read post saying men cannot trust women and vice versa. A patient trusts his surgeon to carry out surgery, commuters trust the driver just like the pilot is trusted to land aeroplane safely to the airport. Truth be told is the fact remains that everyone cannot be trusted either based on their records or nature.

However, a trust can rust when it's lost and no matter the process that follows, the initial percentage I doubt could be attained again. When people trust us, it means they can stand for us in our absence and even vow in our name! Imagine that!, been broken like an egg. We should NEVER take advantage of the trust people have for us to act evil. What a shame I'd say and that will forever not last.

A companion of one of the prophets said summarily "leave me with bounties and you'll meet it intact but not with women". This simply means just as we cannot trust everyone, we cannot do so for ourselves in all matters because of our weaknesses and strengths. You have yours and I definitely do! There are things I trust myself with and there are some I don't which I ensure staying within their traffic red zone.

Forget what people say that men and or women cheat for instance. Trust your spouse and let them know you do and a wise person would respect, honour and keep it. Trust is NEVER demanded just like respect, it is earned by good acts, commitment, concern, empathy and of all sincerity of purpose. We'll have some colleagues, employees, partners in business that we willl have to trust for the success of the work. Even financiers don't just depend on your wonderful business proposals alone, they need to be able to trust you which includes not hiding your past failures amongst others. Right now, I am sure you're thinking of some of your friends that you discuss personal life issues with.

Of all, and of course the most important to me, we trust our creator, well for those who believes that regardless of their faith. Mine has taught me that either in adversity or prosperity, I should be thankful which is a function of trust not being a mirage.

So ask yourself, are you keeping what you are entrusted with? Do people trust you for some certain matter or things? How many trust have you made to rust by breaking them? As all these resonates within you, until next time ...

indigenousGenius

(1) (Reply)

Nanny Arrested In South Africa For Allegedly Strangling A Toddler To Death / Towards A New Deal For Nigeria By ABBA KYARI / NCC Will Not Compromise It's Commitment To Consumer's Rights- Adewole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.