Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt (896 Views)

Keyamo: 100 Groups Rushing To Buy Nomination Form For Buhari ‘Na Dem Dey Rus Us' / Lifeless : Na Dem Dey Rush Buhari- BBC / Dino Melaye To Ike Ekweremadu: "Dem Dey Plan You Too But We Get God" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by skyrockete(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2019
There is a trending video where a lady talks with every energy in her about the borders closure and the ‘killing’ effects on Nigerians.

From her points, It is really not good enough when government says it has achieved much from borders closure at the expense of masses’ cries and groaning.

It is no argument that government did not put in place measures that can cushion the negative effects as the closure happened unexpectedly.

I remember the last bag of rice I bought. I left my place of work around 6:30 pm and went straight to the market. Getting to the market, I entered the first rice store, it sold for #20,000. I could not believe it then I left the store for another store believing that the price I was given in the first store was outrageous and out of place. I remembered I bought my last bag of rice at #13,500 ( I mean the one we finished up at home) In the second shop, it sold at 19,500 after all my roundabout talks to bargain the price, the woman inflexibly agreed #19,500. No minus, no plus!

Now, when I listened to the lady in the video, I understand what she was saying and I know how she feels and other Nigerians about the borders closure.

In her video, she made some salient points that it is abnormal if a bag of foreign rice sells for 29,000 (the current price in Osogbo, Osun State) and the local one sells for 20,000 (Rice produced in Nigeria). It makes sense if government does have a policy to make rice farming a profitable venture but not at the expense of the poor masses. In a saner countries, government has every responsibility to oversee economy of a Nation and at the same time prioritising good living standard for its people. What we see in Nigeria is a different narration.

Another point the lady in the video made is that Nigerian government can make the price of rice affordable one for its citizens if the price is subsidised.

Government can buy it from the farmers at high prices and resell to the people at affordable prices. Even the imported ones were not as high as it sells now. What a country we are!

The lady in the video equally asks the Nigerian government a very sacrosanct question that should be in the lips of all Nigerians if Buhari government is not hypocritical. She asked if the people in Aso Rock eat local rice. Can we truly find local rice in Aso Rock?” I know these are rhetorical questions but we need to ask them even if we know the answers.

It seems personally to me, our government makes most of its policies without thoroughly weighting the negative impacts but they rather focus on what seems good to them. To me, the borders closure will yield no so positive returns to the government as it won’t stand the test of time.

Nigerians are suffering but government is indifferent to its citizens’ plight. How much is the minimum wage government pays workers? Or are we talking about the controversial minimum wage the government is yet to implement? So if a bag of rice sells for 20,000 — 30,000 naira so how much is the take-home of workers at the end of the month? No bad policy affects our government and and people in government and they don’t know where the shoe pinches!

Are we bound in a circle where the previous governments in Nigeria were always better off? What are our sins? Can government really fight corruption where hunger and poverty reign in the lives of its citizens? The Messiah is not yet born!

https://veritybase.com/na-local-rice-dem-dey-chop-for-aso-rock-a-nigeria-lady-queries-govt-on-borders-closure-watch-the-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAjpBryqChI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by emeijeh(m): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
No be una vote the evil government?

Make una enjoy una next level.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by GasAndOilTheory(m): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
The boarder closure is for the best of Nigerians.
Back in 2016 a large cache of assorted weapons were smuggled in to the country through Benin and were gotten in ogun state. You would think those people were going for war

1 Like

Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by Chidexter(m): 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
GasAndOilTheory:
The boarder closure is for the best of Nigerians
Agreed. but if no b local rice dem dey chop for aso rock, make d foreign rice choke them to unconciousness
Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by ibori1(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
abeg buhari dey try

I bought my rice for 14k last 2months ,100s of bags now I'm selling for 22k , see money

abeg Liv our presido

Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by sweetonugbu: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
Table shakers

Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
Sensible questions!!! This is what we should be asking our government!!!

If a bag of imported rice as at 2018 is sold for N12,800, how come local rice, where everything is sources locally is sold for N20,000 undecided

The news is that we have rice in excess shocked shocked

This government reeks of illiteracy!!!
Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by ihitenansa: 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
My only concern is the increased pilfering in my plantain and banana plantation.., despite the security there. Ppl are now so hungry and desperate..This government is just too clueless.
Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by kayusely70(m): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2019
GasAndOilTheory:
Back in 2016 a large cache of assorted weapons were smuggled in to the country through Benin and were gotten in ogun state. You would think those people were going for war
Only economic saboteurs, smugglers of arms and ammunations and petroleum products are complaining about the closure.
Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by redsun(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2019
Local rice is better than foreign at this stage that is not overly processed. You still have a bit of fibre and nutrients in them. What it requires now is better funding for rice farmers that will encourage more hands to go into rice production. It may not make much sense now, but with a good plan and effective enforcement; it will make a great deal of sense in the long run.

Don't just give a man a fish.
Re: Video: "Na Local Rice Dem Dey Chop For Aso Rock?” A Lady Queries Govt by Lanretoye(m): 5:27am On Oct 14, 2019
GasAndOilTheory:
close borders and be paying customs for what?

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Chieftain Rejects Dickson's Appointment,decamps To Apc / BREAKING: Malam Nasiru El-rufai To Be Returned As Governor By Lawful Vote / Sowore: We Were Given N1m Not To Protest - Adeyanju (Photos/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.