Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew (18219 Views)

Lady Calls NCDC To Arrest Her Mum For Attending A Wedding Ceremony In Maraba / Candle Night Held For Lady Who Died After Hospital Refused Treating Her / Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by mercyviv(f): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Imagine, some are even saying, until we hear from the other side! Hear what?! Doctors by virtue of the Hippocratic oath must ALWAYS strive to save lives to the best of their ability... it means they have to be selfless, humble. Even if he has a bone to pick with the mother, it stops the moment the sick child gets into the picture! Very unprofessional!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Benwems(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2019
macIB:
The doctor has a right not to attend to any patient he or she feels not comfortable attending to.
There is no law forcing him to attend to the patient. He has that option. He has done nothing wrong.
Nope. It’s the management that have right not to attend to a patient or client not a staff. He is a common staff in the hospital. He can be sacked or disciplined. He is simply abusing his position.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2019
Surulereman:

Any doctor so-called should have the right attitude to practice the profession. General hospitals witness deluge of patients because of the cheaper cost of treatment and specialization. Cases have occured where patients die while waiting for attention/treatment. If human life is not cheap in this country, comments like the one above ought not to be made. Patients and their family members are standing between life and death and desperation sets in. You observe no kind words or sympathy from the medical personnel on duty. That's wrong. I think the medical personnel have to undergo psychological training to handle issues like this with more humanity. Their job is primarily to save lives...not to waste them.

My dear majority of the patients that have given me trouble in my practice so far have been patients that come with minor complaints. Those with major complaints rarely bark at doctors, heck even anyone they see is a doctor in their eyes sef.

Na those wey dey come with cough & catarrhh dey get time to make life difficult for the doctor and den video them while d doctor dey react.

Some Nigerians are that useless.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2019
seniormallam:
All those good for nothing doctors talking about boundary or limit should know that no amount of provocation can allow a banker ask you to leave or tell you to go with your money, they will look for a way to manage you.
Insulting a customer is a summary dismissal in the bank,
Are bankers not human too?

I believe you've seen this right?

https://www.nairaland.com/5336212/first-bank-security-men-assault#80856764
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Bondinus(m): 10:06am On Oct 14, 2019
macIB:
The doctor has a right not to attend to any patient he or she feels not comfortable attending to.
There is no law forcing him to attend to the patient. He has that option. He has done nothing wrong.
Really, is that what you guys were thought, your code. It's obvious that doctors in Nigeria are gods amongst us
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by phemy36(m): 10:06am On Oct 14, 2019
lebete3000:

If you read his last paragraph, he's already outside Nigeria gladly enjoying his practice.

Na why most of una dey carry wrong assumption come Hospital be that. Person talk sey hin don comot Naija dey enjoy his practice, you still dey tall sey can he try this outside Naija.

He's obviously not experiencing difficult patina like you.

Can you hear a person that call himself a professional doctor. May God save this country.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by helpee(m): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2019
phemy36:

I do visit her time to time and the report I got from her patient, staff and even the director which is a family friend makes me happy about her. I respect those who leave up to their oath
So your wife is living up to her oath while others are not. Can you see yourself? So quick to defend their own and so fast to judge others. You didn't even hear from the doctor you condemned him but when it got to your wife, she is an angel. Out of all the so called wicked nurses in the whole world, coincidentally your wife happened to be among the few that are angels. Clap for yourself . Just imagine how you will feel if that same wife of yours is the one accused in this video...you will be running around to defend while instantly condemning others. Learn to listen to the other side of the story

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2019
helpee:
You guys need to calm down. You only heard from the woman and then the doctor must be evil. How are you different from people burning thieves on the street? This is jungle justice. Did you watch the video? Why are other doctors, nurses etc not attending to the woman? If her daughter is sick, the next thing she will be doing is to carry phone and be looking for trouble on social media? Was she not supposed to look for a superior first etc? Was she sounding like someone whose child was really sick or someone who just wanted to start trouble? Calm down....

Thank you my brother, I just posited something similar...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by itzzkhaliii(m): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2019
seniormallam:
I took my wife to the hospital one day like that, she's having serious headache, and for like 40min they were still searching for our HMO file, until I nearly slap one guy,
I was like why not attend to her first and continue searching for the file, even if u don't see d file are we returning with the headache ?, last last you will ask me to pay.
But them looking at her for like 40min rolling on the chair with her hands on her head pissed me up.

I lost my mum this July in abuja general hospital because those in charge of dialysis didn't came to work on weekend even when they promised to show up because of her, and we don't a ready 200k to rushed her to a private dialysis centre, she's done two already, one in private then one in the general hospital, they did one one Friday nite , and they promised to come do the last one one Saturday, only for them not to showed up, and we didn't have a ready 200k again for private, she's in deep pain , only for the mumu nurse to be talking to us in her presence that we just must wait till Monday, with the way she reacted after hearing the nurse on the bed , I knew she's actually in serious pains , she's been hoping for the last dialysis too, she had pipe and oxygen in her nose too, she used vex to pull the pipe and oxygen and died few minutes later.
I haven't forgiven myself been the first son, for unable to drop another 200k for private session again, money yab man , I failed my mum and lost the most precious being to me, and cried for the first time, I don't cry no matter what I'm facing , but I was crying like a baby that day, I was looking at her helplessly till she gave up, if I took her to a private hospital and she died during or after the dialysis I won't have pained me like this.

Please guyz hustle legitimately and make money , as in making money is a must
This is deep!!! guy sorry for the lost i feel your pain may her gentle soul keep on resting in peace..And don't feel like a failure we all had or will experience that moment that can't render any assistance even with the funds at our disposal.. sorry.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2019
Afospecialk:
I had same or even worst experience with the Igado doctors early this month as I rushed my 1 year 3 month old baby to the hospital around 4 am bcs she couldn't breathe normally but they told me that I have to wait until when morning doctors arrived but to my astonisment I didn't see any doctors till around 11 am

I had no choice than to selve medicate after calling a friend doctor who prescribed drgs for her

So because there's no Doctor in the Hospital, it is also the Doctors fault too?

Nothing Musa no go see for gate.

I no fit wait make all the Doctors ja comot for naija, I go dey frequent this page to laugh at una wen una go begin get sense to facebuna Government to employ more hands, but w go don late that time sha, cos Naija go don cast finally by then...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:12am On Oct 14, 2019
helpee:
Ask her doctor to honestly tell you how many patients reports her in a day...you will be shocked! You assumed your wife relates well to patient without even working with her. You are funny. Ask her....she will tell you

You dey mind Nigerians, they're one the most shallow but boisterous people in the world.

All noise but no sense.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by DarkJeddi(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2019
sthecy:
Doctors can be wicked and annoying mosstimes. May God help them �‍♀️
And you have already swallowed the story,hook line and sinker.. grin
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by yomi007k(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2019
seniormallam:
All those good for nothing doctors talking about boundary or limit should know that no amount of provocation can allow a banker ask you to leave or tell you to go with your money, they will look for a way to manage you.
Insulting a customer is a summary dismissal in the bank,
Are bankers not human too?
Have you heard the doctor's side of the story?
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by phemy36(m): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2019
lebete3000:

My dear majority of the patients that have given me trouble in my practice so far have been patients that come with minor complaints. Those with major complaints rarely bark at doctors, heck even anyone they see is a doctor in their eyes sef.

Na those wey dey come with cough & catarrhh dey get time to make life difficult for the doctor and den video them while d doctor dey react.

Some Nigerians are that useless.

It shows you are not good at what you do. I'm a customer Executive of a reputable company in this country, i received insult in my line of duty. I don't because of this neglect any of them just because i'm a big man or that i have many customer i can bank on. I carried all of them along. This shows that you have attitude problems. You think like atypical Nigerian that thinks they can punish others because they have the power to do so forgetting if God also punish you for your sin, you will not be able to stand it
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by achikolo(f): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
post=83120347:

You are absolutely right!

We concur!
[/s]
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by achikolo(f): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
post=83120335:

Hmmmmmm, this is deep!
[/s]
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by seniormallam(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2019
lebete3000:

I believe you've seen this right?

https://www.nairaland.com/5336212/first-bank-security-men-assault#80856764
I said staff you dey show me security man, I swear even that security man has lost his job, its like treason in the bank, you dare not.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2019
Surulereman:

Yes. This is Nigeria. Anything goes. Why are you wasting your time in the medical profession? A career as a Butcher will fit you.

It will cos most of you behave like animals. Behave like a real patient and I'll treat you like one, behave like an animal and you'll see my butchering skills grin
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by seniormallam(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2019
itzzkhaliii:

This is deep!!! guy sorry for the lost i feel your pain may her gentle soul keep on resting in peace..And don't feel like a failure we all had or will experience that moment that can't render any assistance even with the funds at our disposal.. sorry.
Thanks
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by phemy36(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2019
[quote author=lebete3000 post=83122437]

You dey mind Nigerians, they're one the most shallow but boisterous people in the world.

All noise but no sense.[/quo

This shows your upbringing. I only pity your wife Mr no all
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2019
phemy36:

Can you hear a person that call himself a professional doctor. May God save this country.

Fault what I said or keep quiet...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2019
spiceadole:
Nigerian patients and their relatives can be very rude and annoying.

When i was practising in Nigeria,
If you talk to me in a disrespectful manner,I will document it and ignore you.
You can go to Aso Rock Clinic and get first class treatment.

I hope the doctor documented and communicated the reason for not attending to the child.

My advise to my colleagues in Nigeria...
Save up money and relocate.
Its paradise over here.
See this one...?
Relatives no dey anger you for that side??
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:18am On Oct 14, 2019
helpee:
So your wife is living up to her oath while others are not. Can you see yourself? So quick to defend their own and so fast to judge others. You didn't even hear from the doctor you condemned him but when it got to your wife, she is an angel. Out of all the so called wicked nurses in the whole world, coincidentally your wife happened to be among the few that are angels. Clap for yourself . Just imagine how you will feel if that same wife of yours is the one accused in this video...you will be running around to defend while instantly condemning others. Learn to listen to the other side of the story

A round of applause for you bro...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by yomi007k(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2019
Benwems:

Nope. It’s the management that have right not to attend to a patient or client not a staff. He is a common staff in the hospital. He can be sacked or disciplined. He is simply abusing his position.
My brother, learn the truth.

Doctors all over the world have the RIGHT not to attend to a patient especially if they feel the patient has no trust in them or makes them uncomfortable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by doyinbaby(f): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
Surulereman:

Any doctor so-called should have the right attitude to practice the profession. General hospitals witness deluge of patients because of the cheaper cost of treatment and specialization. Cases have occured where patients die while waiting for attention/treatment. If human life is not cheap in this country, comments like the one above ought not to be made. Patients and their family members are standing between life and death and desperation sets in. You observe no kind words or sympathy from the medical personnel on duty. That's wrong. I think the medical personnel have to undergo psychological training to handle issues like this with more humanity. Their job is primarily to save lives...not to waste them.
did you read my comments... I am sure you didn't.... when you become a doctor ...give people the people the opportunity to verbally and physically assault you anyhow ..... I has a person insist That I will accommodate and tolerate patient and their relatives .. BUT if pass your BOUNDARY... I will depend myself .....
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Madaraa1(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
an average nigeria is insultive. the said doctor is not a stranger to the cultrue if a medical personnel ask you to wait please Kindly wait your condition is not the worse in the hospital but nope and average nigeria want to claim smart with another average nigeria that have little or more power than he/ she

but it would b bad if the doctor fail to atttend to her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 14, 2019
Sunofgod:
Nigerians and power.....
The worse human on earth to give power to is Nigerian . They will abuse the he'll out of it.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by seanjy4konji: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2019
nigerians behave like animals most especially ladies...there is this sense of entitlement at every aspect of there life that makes them throw respect and regard to the wind expecially when they have small change at hand but when they need you?they become humble and all and if you decline them at that time?they begin to play the blame gain...

Their mouth like razors and just dont know when to stop and address the real issue at hand..can even tell the doctor i will slap you and if that one should say i will beat you blue black?you will hear her say?how would you say you would beat me

Doctor has a right not to treat the child and refer you to someone else if your problem is much.if after the drama you caused,something happened to the child??no sane doctor would just decide not to attend to your child if his plate or cup is not full but instead of trying to understand the situation?she might have started throwing jabs at the people on duty on how useless goverment workers and doctors are and making sure they all hear her...

well if your child dies las las due to your stupidity...its not the doctors...soldier go soldier come...

Barrack no deh go anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by seniormallam(m): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2019
yomi007k:

Have you heard the doctor's side of the story?
Bro. Walk to any bank and slap a staff,
He / she will just walk to the managers office and report las las nothing go still happen to you,
If the staff slap you back, he /she knows what next to do, submit your I'd card and any other bank properties in your possession and leave jejely, otherwise the manager will help you fill your exit form
Re: Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew by lebete3000: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2019
phemy36:

It shows you are not good at what you do. I'm a customer Executive of a reputable company in this country, i received insult in my line of duty. I don't because of this neglect any of them just because i'm a big man or that i have many customer i can bank on. I carried all of them along. This shows that you have attitude problems. You think like atypical Nigerian that thinks they can punish others because they have the power to do so forgetting if God also punish you for your sin, you will not be able to stand it

My dear, if you come to a Government owned Hospital that's purely service & not profit oriented to do anyhow, you WILL see anyhow!

You're swallowing your insults because you want your patients to come back next time to make more money for your company. Ours is a non-profit service.

I always tell my patients, your Bill's isn't what pays my salary. I'll even prefer not to see you and be enjoying myself in a beer parlor, so when I'm seeing you, it's actually me doing you a favour with all humility. I don't expect you to kneel down to greet me, just behave yourself the way you'll want others to behave to you, that's all!

If that's too difficult for you to do as a patient, then pls don't come to me. Just go to a private hospital set up where you can get "value" for your money, as it seems your definition of one being good at what they do is to swallow as much insults as possible, and not to render the actual service one has been employed to do.

Na so una dey carry different complications come Government Hospitals be that, cos of your hatred for the fact we don't take your insults as you will want us to.

Laslas, na we go suffer the consequences or you?

I always advice my elder sister to go to a General Hospital whenever she terribly I'll, and to humble herself so as to get quality treatment. She has great testimonies to share.

Continue going to Hospitals with the mindset that everyone must stand at attention for you once you enter. Who go stand at attention for the remaining patients wey full for there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Women Ministry Rescues Mentally Challenged Mother & Child In Nnewi (Pix) / Dr Eleanor Nwadinobi Emerges Head Of International Medical Women’s Body / Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.