Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years (10484 Views)

Buhari Spent More Than $19bn Cost Of Dangote Refinery On Non-functional Ones / How Buhari Spent N8trn On ‘non-existent’ Petrol Subsidies / See The Gutter Buhari Spent Over #200 Million To Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Fahrenheit10(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Yet we still don't have light
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by ednut1(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Sapeleboy911:
The only way to rescue this country is through revolution, but who will bell the cat?. That is who will be the sacrificial lamb?
lead it na. The northerners will come for your head
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by mywells: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2019
Ghost town every where,there some forces behind this its not ordinary, Nigeria as a whole like a village compare to other developed countries,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Empredboy(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2019
If government wants to make this electricity work they should ban importation of generator and see if there won't be constant power within 2years
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Princedapace(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2019
PureGoldh:

You have a point there bro.... Na wetin dey pull ourselves backwards thoo

If a blackman is eating, he doesn't care if another is eating. That is our biggest problem. It is unfortunate. I thought Sowore will help but sadly, all celebrities have gone about their business. They don't even care. Can the govt arrest the 300k Nigerians at once? If 500k Nigerians come out to protest against poor electricity for just one week, aswear, they will fix this issue. This electricity issue has finished many business.

Electricity and refineries they promised us, nothing has been done and no one is protesting. South Africans who have better electricity than us by over 90% still protested when electricity dropped few years ago. The govt had to find a way to fix it. The labour union, the workers, their top people even though the drop in electricity didn't affect them, all came out, protesting, singing, the leaders had to find a way to fix it.

All Nigerians care about is s ex, fu ck, money, marriage, etc. If people come out to protest and u wire 10k to their accounts, they will go home. If a celebrity want to protest and they buy houses for them in good sites, they will back out.

I dislike the fact that im black. I Dey pity Sowore. This generation of Nigerians are the worse i have ever seen.

Sowore time as a youth was better. They were aggressive to military govt that was brutal.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Princedapace(m): 7:12am On Oct 14, 2019
bigmodo:
Come to think of it, can state government invest in power. Even private sectors. Must everything always be on the federal government head?

Your constitution is very useless. It can't allow then to do so. The FG controls that. This is why I said any reasonable person should join voices and demand for a restructured Nigeria where states and regions control more of the power than FG. The FG is currently useless to Nigeria. The FG only consumes money and has not fixed any problem but earns more than the entire states put together.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Temidayo9(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2019
Cantonese:
We supply light to Benin republic, Togo and Niger, yet they have light 24/7. Na swear dey work for all our leaders head.
How many of you is WE? Is that what you read or you just believe that? Light to Benin, Togo and Niger?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Fallenhunter: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2019
Vasgas:
Please I want to know is 24hours power supply feasible??

In the world ? Yes! In Nigeria ? So far, no!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Princedapace(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Welrez:
Remove electricity from the exclusive list and let's do away with the national grid. Everything nationally owned has a way of being supplied ineficiently and exploitatively in Nigeria. It is easier for citizens to hold states accountable for their electricity needs than the FG.

Oh, God bless u. God bless u. This is what I have been saying. I can't travel to Abuja to hold anyone accountable but I can go to my state to hold my government accountable. We need to remove many things from the FG list and hand them over to state including resources. FG is richer than all the states put together yet, FG has failed in everything. FG has failed in education, power, roads, water, housing, etc. FG is practically useless to Nigeria. I wonder why we don't have more people shouting for a change of constitution. What we care about is presidency coming to our regions. Shame. God must help me leave nigeria. I'm tired.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Teenaira: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2019
The main reason why we are not progressing is because we are in darkness. Can anybody progress in darkness ??

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by yaki84: 7:19am On Oct 14, 2019
bigmodo:
Come to think of it, can state government invest in power. Even private sectors. Must everything always be on the federal government head?
Some states did invest on power project like akwaibom n Rivers, the issue is the entire power is evacuated first to national grid then shared later to discos.
This bottleneck discourage more States from investing on power.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Enyimbamercedes: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2019
There is a cabal benefiting from the inability to produce sufficient power !

From generator sellers to even the diesel importers/ sellers!

They tax off-grid solutions heavily to keep us dependent on generators and petroleum products.

Fashola thought it was rocket science until he got in there!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Truthbites: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2019
Why mention Jonathan and Buhari on the same post? I didn't bother to read
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by achikolo(f): 7:29am On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
post=83117214:
okay
[/s]
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by ddeola: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2019
Politicians don scam Nigerians. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by etrouble: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2019
We all know where the money went.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Cantonese: 8:39am On Oct 14, 2019
Temidayo9:

How many of you is WE? Is that what you read or you just believe that? Light to Benin, Togo and Niger?

Em Mr. Sorry how are you? Apparently you are a very young man without information in this matter. Ask for information and you will get it.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 14, 2019
Apc/pdp=different sides of #SAME COIN!

BUNCH OF CLUELESS, CLASSLESS, SELF-SERVING THIEVES!

THE SHITHOLE DESERVES FAR BETTER THAN THESE SCUMS!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by BOBAN2710: 8:48am On Oct 14, 2019
Nackzy:
During Johnathans time we use to have 4800 Megawatts
Buh Now 2400 megawatts is not even certain,,the change we so prayed for
oponu ayirada tun so radada lenu.
political modern slave still sayin during jonathan we use to hav 4800 megawatts.
i dont know y some people are so dumb like ds.

im wondering if dis foool go to school at all.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Rompio(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2019
And till date him still dey use generator for office
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Chicastle: 8:52am On Oct 14, 2019
I don't think OP is right there. Jonathan govt and buhari's govt. Embezzled 1.164 trillion. Not they spent 1.164 trillion. Please rephrase that paragraph op

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by harryportter: 9:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Vasgas:
GO TO BONNY IN RIVERS STATE AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by ebenezary(m): 9:18am On Oct 14, 2019
let's go SOLAR individually because that is what I am using now and l can't remember the last time l on my generator and if NEPA brings the night or not l don't care anymore. just learn basic about positive and negative wires and you are good to go with Solar - l can now run my laptop 24/7 with NEPA

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by BlackfireX: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2019
tolakush92:
AND TILL TOMORROW
WE STILL NEVER GET LIGHT

DUNNO WHY ITS DIFFICULT TO HAVE
LIGHT IN NIGERIA

HERE IN OGIJO,OGUNSTATE
THE LAST TIME WE HAD LIGHT WAS TWO MONTHS AGO

Join Benin republic if you don't like it.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by BlackfireX: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2019
post=83117214:
OBJ, where is the power?

Where is our meat mannabbq
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by Antisocial01: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2019
tolakush92:
AND TILL TOMORROW
WE STILL NEVER GET LIGHT

LIGHT IN NIGERIA

HERE IN OGIJO,OGUNSTATE
Perhaps where you are, cause in that same ogijo fadegbuwa axis we have light regularly, though we using Lagos State light
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by vezycash(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2019
tolakush92:
AND TILL TOMORROW
WE STILL NEVER GET LIGHT

LIGHT IN NIGERIA

HERE IN OGIJO,OGUNSTATE

Serious? I used to come there every week last year and the year before and you guys had light like crazy then. They said it was because of the industries around your area. Sad man. Take heart.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years by vezycash(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2019
Vasgas:

The issue is we have more chopping money experts than useful people.

I just remembered one of my sisters. If she cooks on Saturdays, the earliest we'll eat is 12pm - Even if it's just bread and egg. She'll make it look like some huge task. And on some days, I'll get pissed and just cook the damned thing - 30 minutes, food's ready, and the kitchen will be neat.

In my house, my sister's incompetence, lackadaisical, whimsical attitude will only affect my stomach as long as I'm reluctant to enter the kitchen but it's not the same with government.

There are thousands of smart, motivated, resourceful people in this country - as in smart like kilode. I once had one hausa friend from Kaduna who bought the body of a toyota and converted it into an electric car. There are people that will make this whole country work.

Unlike with my sister, these guys can't take over and do the work. And the people who are in charge DO NOT WANT THINGS TO WORK.

Why? Money and Power. They are benefiting both financially and politically from the misfortune of the entire country. And forgetful, gullible people both schooled and unschooled keep electing snake tongued VIPs who promise the same thing they promised last time.

419s - yahoo yahoo, yahoo+ in government. They say, "Fool me once - shame on YOU. But, Fool me twice, shame on ME!"

The solution to our problem lies in the constitution. Imagine we enter into a contract that I will sweep and clean your house once every week. You'll pay me 20k per month for 4 years. You sign and I sign. But then I never show up. But the law says that you cannot stop paying me until the 4 years expires.

Ridiculous right? That's the kind of system we run. If the PEOPLE can't remove the elected for failing their duties, Nigeria will keep getting worse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2,300 Ghost Workers Discovered In Abia, N220m Saved – Says AG / Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? / No Plans To Retire Those With 30 Years Experience: FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.