Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Speak No Evil Of God's Minister - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speak No Evil Of God's Minister (191 Views)

Enenche Attacks Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc, Say's I Love The Evil Of Prophet Tb Joshua / Re: How I Love The ‘evil’ Of Prophet T.B JOSHUA / Something You Need To Know About the evil of Witchcraft, Magic And Sorcery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speak No Evil Of God's Minister by kpakpandoN(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2019
“He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”
Psalm 105:14
When a wise person comes across the scripture, the first thing he or she will try to find out is, how can one touch God’s anointed? One way to harmfully touch God’s anointed is by slandering or speaking evil of a minister of God. Doing this can cause God’s anointed so much grief and might even be worse than slapping him or her on the face. It is a dangerous thing to persecute a Christian, because Jesus personally feels the pain of such acts of wickedness, and as the Lion of Judah, He will surely defend His own. Saul of Tarsus was a man committed to persecuting Christians until Jesus met him as he rode to Damascus in furtherance of his sinister objective. In Acts 9:5, Jesus said to him:
“I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”
Even if the Lord’s anointed is as humble as Moses and would not respond to the evil and slanderous comments against him or her, there are self-pronounced curses upon whoever speaks evil of God’s prophets, as seen in the case of Miriam and Aaron (Numbers 12:1-10). They were driven by jealously to speak against Moses and God heard it (Numbers 12:2). The Lord hears every evil word spoken against His ministers, and when He chooses to respond, the result can be severe, as recorded in Numbers 12:9-10 which says:
“And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.”

From Moses’ story, we see that it was God who fought for His servant. Amazingly, the rebels who stood against Moses were his own siblings (Exodus 4:14, Exodus 15:20). More surprising is the fact that Aaron was also the high priest of God. Why would a high priest be caught in the act of rebellion? What greater position or fame was he angling for that made him speak evil of his brother, who was chosen by God to lead the people? This is food for thought for us today. Unlike Moses who was meek and did not respond when persecuted, Elisha was of a different persuasion. In 2 Kings 2:23-24, the children who mocked him were not as lucky as Aaron and Miriam were. He cursed them in the Lord’s Name and they all suffered a gruesome death immediately. Those who speak evil of the Lord’s anointed should be warned that they might not get away with it someday. Beloved, a word is enough for the wise.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Places / Are Humans Loyal To God Because We Are Scared Of Hell? / Your Priceless Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.