Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Strengthened In Song - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strengthened In Song (190 Views)

Praying For All Of Us To Be Strengthened In Christ Jesus Crucified / May Our Minds And Hearts Be Strengthened By Grace From Jesus Christ Crucified / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strengthened In Song by VLadipo: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2019
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 43–44, 1 Thessalonians 2

I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress.
Psalm 59:16

Today's Scripture & Insight: Psalm 59:1, 14–17

When French villagers helped Jewish refugees hide from the Nazis during World War II, some sang songs in the dense forest surrounding their town—letting the refugees know it was safe to come out from hiding. These brave townspeople of Le Chambon-sur-Lignon had answered the call of local pastor André Trocmé and his wife, Magda, to offer wartime refuge to Jews on their windswept plateau known as “La Montagne Protestante.” Their musical signal became just one feature of the villagers’ bravery that helped save up to 3,000 Jews from almost certain death.

In another dangerous time, Read the rest here: http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/index.php#ourdailybread

(1) (Reply)

Bible Stories (51): Joseph's Bloodstained Coat. / For New Christians / Your Life Is Not A Competition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.