Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me (1273 Views)

Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico / Aiyegbeni: Only Thing Nigerians Will Remember Me For Is The One Goal I Missed / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 700th Career Goal In Portugal Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by obembet(f): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo insisted he is not obsessed with breaking records as they come naturally for him after scoring his landmark 700th career goal.

Ronaldo bagged a consolation penalty in the second half of Portugal's 2-1 Euro 2020 qualifying defeat to Ukraine in Kiev on Monday.

Defeat for Portugal at the Olympic Stadium made the occasion bittersweet for Ronaldo, who is now part of an elite list of players to have reached the milestone figure.

"Not just anyone can reach this figure," he told reporters. "Thank you to my team-mates, colleagues and coaches who have helped me to become the player I am.

"I am disappointed that we didn't win, but proud of the team."

Reflecting on his personal achievement, Ronaldo added: "How many records do I have? I don't know. I have to enjoy the moment and thank those who helped me reach this impressive mark.

"The last time I played at this ground I won the Champions League, a beautiful moment that is in the past. Today we played well but couldn't win.

"Records come naturally - I don't go looking for them; records are looking for me! Without having an obsession, they happen naturally."

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7574475/amp/Records-come-looking-Cristiano-Ronaldo-says-does-not-chase-milestones-700th-goal.html

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

1 Share

Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by SEGLIZ: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2019
no debating it, I use to dislike him but one way or the other I discovered I developed this passion for him.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by Oluwahelpme(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2019
I'm a passionate Ronaldo fan
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by Binikingdowm: 11:09am On Oct 14, 2019
He's a rapist
He's too arrogant
Very selfish

grin can't enter usaaa
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by Rajosh(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
SEGLIZ:
no debating it, I use to dislike him but one way or the other I discovered I developed this passion for him.
exactly. I used to dislike him because I felt he was arrogant. But now he's my role model due to his passion and hard-working personality.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by SEGLIZ: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rajosh:
exactly. I used to dislike him because I felt he was arrogant. But now he's my role model due to his passion and hard-working personality.

his united day I preferred messi compare to him (I never liked him a bit). soon as he crossed to Madrid I began liking him.
he is tested and proved worthy. he's been able to replicate his form and ability back to back in different league.
I want him in Germany and France before he finally call it quit with active and club football.
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by obembet(f): 7:14am On Oct 15, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by IamCeazer(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2019
King CR700.
He torments defenders and give keepers sleepless nights. All hail d,
Greatest Of All Time..
G.O.A.T..
Unlike one stupid RAM claiming he's d GOAT..
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
"A loud voice echoed all over the earth saying: whom else shall I send? For, I have sent many messengers unto them: I have sent great dribblers, I have sent unto them great scorers, I have also sent unto them great defenders. Whom else shall I send again?
One of the elders answered and said, there is one more messenger we have not sent, whom we have specially created for honour unto this day, he has a double portion of the powers of all other messengers sent before him.

Then answered Messi unto them and said, Here am I, send me.

The loud voice echoed again and said, this is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased."

While Ronaldo's fans try hard to use different unrelated grounds as placation to make themselves believe he is better than Messi, Ronaldo himself knows better.
Ronaldo has accepted Messi as the god of football and a Nightmare he has to deal with for the rest of the time he spends in football; and perhaps for the rest of his life. That's why he lives in strife, envy, and fear of Messi all day long. Messi has already set a high standard which is hard for any other player to reach.
Ronaldo tries everyday to drag things with Messi, but for Messi, it will be most demeaning for the god of football like him to be dragging with his subjects in football like Ronaldo.

While we keep appreciating the efforts, passion and hard work of Ronaldo in trying to meet up with Messi's high standard; nonetheless, it does not make much difference. The GOAT of football remains the GOAT.

As a Ronaldo fan, this is one truth i've come to realize, and will no longer deny the truth. I love Ronaldo but Messi is the god of football.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by obembet(f): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by yungsmart(m): 7:19am On Oct 16, 2019
obembet:
Lalasticlala

Obembet what did you give laslasticlala every time you call his name it is heading to front Page
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by obembet(f): 7:42am On Oct 16, 2019
yungsmart:

Obembet what did you give laslasticlala every time you call his name it is heading to front Page

This post has not hit front page oo.. Help me call him o
Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2019
cheesy

Re: Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me by Jokerman(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
Let's take a look at Ronaldo's CV grin

Man utd (individual)
EPL golden boot
European golden boot
EPL best player
UEFA best player
UEFA best forward
UCL golden boot
Ballondor
FIFA best player

Real Madrid (individual)

Laliga golden boot
European golden boot
La liga best player
UEFA best player
UEFA best forward
UCL golden boot
Ballondor
FIFA best player

Juventus (individual)

Serie A best player

Portugal

Euro best player (2nd)
Euro silver boot
UNL golden boot

(1) (Reply)

NTA Camera Man For Nigeria-benin Match Deserves To Be Sacked. / Throwback Photo Of Billionaire Footballer, Mikel Obi When He Was A Street Boy / See Week 7 Pool Results, Week 7 Pool Results 2020 – Pool Agent Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.