Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ (225 Views)

Osinbajo’s Strategy For Ending Boko Haram War / Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ by opportunes: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2019
The remnants of Boko Haram terrorists and other forms of insurgency will be crushed in less than no time if the Nigerian Army is provided the necessary gadgets according to Maj. Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole. The military chief disclosed that lack of Army Aviation was responsible for its inability to defeat the insurgents.

He made the revelation while receiving the National Assembly joint committee on Army in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, at the weekend. Adeniyi said Boko Haram has never been a “formidable force” as they are perceived to be. He said: “The only thing that needs to be given to the army now is Nigeria Army Aviation with it’s own helicopters. “There is a way you solve a problem that will change the game.

The army needs combat helicopters to end the Boko Haram war. If we have it, it will not be deployed like air force assets, air force jets which are for bigger strategic goals. “These helicopters will sleep with us in the trenches, they will be with us in the frontline. These helicopters and the rifles are dispatched together. “I know this has been on the table for years. When this is done, Nigeria can forget about Boko Haram.

“Let me say Boko Haram is not a formidable force, Boko Haram is not strong; Boko Haram cannot sustain 15 minutes of intensive firing. I personally exchange fire with Boko Haram in Marte, in Delta, in Gubio as deputy theatre commander and as theatre commander. “Please go and tell Abuja that Boko Haram is not a formidable force that the military cannot defeat.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-need-combat-helicopters-to-end-boko-haram-war.html
Re: ‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ by greatmarshall(m): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2019
Okay
Re: ‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ by Tambest(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Same old story
Re: ‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2019
Another looting avenue

Well done

Re: ‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2019
By the end of Buhari's administration North East region would be the richest in Nigeria
Re: ‘we Need Combat Helicopters To End Boko Haram War’ by Mynd44: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2019

(1)

S*x-for-grades: Nigeria’s Education System Being Tarnished – UNN VC / Kogi: Achuba’s Impeachment Illegal, He Should Go To Court- Prof. Oyebode / Nnamdi Kanu Bargains For Safety To Resume Trials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.