Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram (51789 Views)

Seyi Makinde Visits Lautech University Says "I Will Fulfill My Promise" - Photos / I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom / Govt Will Procure Modern Fighting Equipment To End Boko Haram Madness – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by fergie001: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
....lauds NAF's contributions to nat'l security

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said that he has not reneged on his promise to end Boko Haram and other forms of criminalities during his inauguration as President in 2015.

He prided that the subsequent decimation of the terror groups has shown that he kept his word.

According to the President, “I promised to put an end to Boko Haram insurgency, kidnapping and other forms of criminalities that have bedeviled our country during my inaugural speech as president.

“You will all agree with me that the successes we have achieved so far have restored our pride and honour the world over. Consequently, I want to sincerely thank Nigerians for believing in our government in spite of occasional outrages, coming together as a nation, irrespective of political, religious and ethnic affiliations in our strive to bring this menace to an end”.

Buhari, who spoke at the official induction of Nigerian Air Force Helicopters at the Eagle’s Square in Abuja, lauded the invaluable contributions of the security agencies towards the decimation of Boko Haram.

He noted that that “professionalism, capacity building and adequately equipping the armed forces and the other security agencies are major policies of this administration”.

The President particularly commended the contributions of the Nigerian Air Force in international security, peace-keeping and humanitarian operations in the African sub region which he said has placed the country as a reliable regional power.

According to him, the intervention of the Nigerian Air Power in places like The Gambia, Guinea-Konakri, Mozambique, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Guinea Bissau and Cameroon has been a source of pride.

He said, “I’m delighted to be here this morning to once again commission two Augusta 109 Power and MI17 into the Nigerian Air Force inventory. About a year ago, we commissioned two Augusta 109 Power Helicopter Gunships, which were procured from Italy.

“The platforms were subsequently inducted into the Nigerian Air Force inventory to boost the operational capability. This was necessary to improve the delivery of promised air power in support of our counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency efforts”.

The President added further that, “it is on record that these additional platforms have contributed immensely to the Air Force’s successes in decimation of Boko Haram insurgents. The Nigerian Air Force, since its establishment in 1964 has been playing critical roles in national security as well as in peace-keeping operations on the African continent.

“Your contributions in international security, peace-keeping and humanitarian operations in places like The Gambia, Guinea-Konakri, Mozambique, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Guinea Bissau and Cameroon has not only been a source of pride to us as a nation, but has also projected us as a reliable regional power.

“This is indeed most commendable as our Air Force, alongside other services, continues to play its unique role in the current insurgency operations and other operations, particularly in the North-East and the North-West, where our officers, airmen and airwomen, soldiers and ratings, are performing gallantly.

“We promised to re-professionalise and re-equip the armed forces and security agencies, to effectively discharge their duties to our nation. I have no doubt; with the deployment of these Augusta 109P Gunships and the MI171E Helicopter will add impetus to the combat efficiency of the Air Force in combating our contemporary security challenges.

“We are committed to taking the right steps in achieving the desired results. The acquisition of these aircrafts, amongst other military equipment, despite our budgetary constraints, is an expression of our commitment. We shall ensure that every sector of our nation experiences the change that we have promised”.

Earlier in his speech, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, said that in the past decade, Nigeria has had its share of horrific national security challenges especially terrorism and insurgency.

He said that the Nigerian Air Force in concert with other security agencies has confronted these insurgents and other enemies of the State to ensure that the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation is not undermined.

According to him, “just five years ago, The Nigerian Air Force was facing serious challenges with an abysmal 35% aircraft serviceability status. At the same time, terrorism, insurgency and other heinous crimes were ravaging the country.

“On assumption of office, Your Excellency approves the procurement of military equipments including fighter aircraft and helicopter gunships. This visionary step has profoundly impacted positively on NAF operations”.

The Minister of Defence, Salihi Magashi, commended the President for the induction of the additional platforms for the Nigerian Air Force.

He disclosed that additional helicopter is being expected to add impetus to the ongoing war against terrorism.

The event was witnessed by the Ministers of Information, Lai Mohammed, Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, Speaker of the House of Representatives, lawmakers among others distinguished guests.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ive-kept-my-promise-to-end-bharam-says-buhari/

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by fergie001: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
So Boko Haram has ended?

487 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by sarrki(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
sad

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by YorubaKinging: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Lol

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by ZombieHUNT: 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
The zombie king on the beat....

I'm surprised that some of you are surprised by this news...

Nothing surprises me anymore about the dullard

505 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by RapistOnBail: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
grin grin

Good job Mr Dictator President. We are so dumb to challenge your lies. Ride on Sir.

247 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by NigeriaBam: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
So Boko Haram has ended? Please help me check this Man Mouth Whether He just finish drink OGOGORO

MTN and 9mobile Data is available here at a Lowest Price. Check my Profile or Signature.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by proxillin(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
This man should just shutup.

Watch as boko-haram will go on rampage trying to prove baba wrong.

Innocent civilians will suffer for this.

257 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by edo3(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
This man sha.

29 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Barrsukatt: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
You get mouth baba

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by PapaBaby: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
He prided that the subsequent decimation of the terror groups has shown that he kept his word

Bokoharam decimated? Why is he spending billions on the war then?

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by drizslim(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
Buhari wen u go geh sense

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by slimderek(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Are we a joke to the President?

211 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by JasonScoolari: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
When i said that this lifeless thing was born-to-fail, our resident gang of efulefu's will jump into my mention to misbehave.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Roon9(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
From all of us at RRQ and grillz we congratulate you sir. Anyone that is forthwith killed by boko haram only made himself a soft target for them.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Emmanuelhector(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nice lie

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by AstroG: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hmm

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by omamush(f): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Which Boko Haram

Even the devil is shocked at this statement shocked

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Vorto: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by NobleAngell(f): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
That's not the only promise you have kept sir, even the promise of making 1naira=$1, 24hrs electricity, ending unemployment. All these have come to reality. Thank you sir. We love you.

268 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by toxxnoni(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Jeses

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Neroiam(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Y
Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Nastofar(f): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
What the f***? Na sure say no be Jubril the Sudanese dey rule us so?

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by sotall(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hallucinations

15 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Sunnycliff(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Talks like this provokes Boko haram.

Tomorrow he will say he's surprised at their attacks.

You can only deceive your fellow zombies but not us. Today a law graduate on his way to law school with others were kidnapped in kabba. That is how you defeated insecurity.

You are a disgrace in the comity of army generals.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by deboysben(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Omg

I can bet you buhari was not the one that said this.

Our hope prior to 2015.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Tomoyayi(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Say wetin.
shocked

28 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by hisexcellency34: 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
and insecurity has also ended in the country

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Toscarel: 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
dxfd
Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Wow... This man is living in Lalaland

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Have Kept My Promise To End Boko Haram by dinklage(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
This yahoo yahoo president again.

58 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo North Youths Reject Ize-Iyamu, As Gani Audu, His Running Mate Escapes / Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) / Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.