Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Kinect Isn’t “racist” - Africangamer - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Kinect Isn’t “racist” - Africangamer (1456 Views)

Xbox 360 With Kinect And 250gb ,FIFA 16 ,GTA V ,battlefield 4...... For Sale / Why Pes 2013 Programmers May Be Racist? / Move Vs Wii Vs Kinect Compared :: Sony Wins It All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kinect Isn’t “racist” - Africangamer by kosovo(m): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2010
Prior to the lunch of the much anticipated motion device ‘kinect’ There was much optimism and hope, the Entire gaming community were pretty anxious to witness the possibility of gaming without buttons. Though, they were lots of doubts as to the process and application but constant assurance by Microsoft kept us waiting for its final arrival which was magnanimously marketed and equally attracted numerous gamers at Lunch.

It was initially sardonic to get information from Gamespot that the much anticipated motion device had difficulties in capturing dark-skinned people and was altogether labeled as a “Racist Device”.  We soon began to question what kind of a company would spend a large chunk of their money in the development of universal motion device and deliberately cut off the black race, but when we finally got our hands on the device, we were shocked to find out that the stories the Gamespot team had cooked up were actually debasing and misleading.

This is what we have noticed thus far;

It is fun to play even more with two people

Lag exists, though not on the high side

It does make you look like a slowpoke,

Navigating menus still feels much better with the controller

Kinect is pretty expensive; it’d be a while before a lot of us here finally lay our hands on it

It recognized me quite well and wasn’t too long before I deciphered the voice calibration issue

We can say that kinect has been a success, we would definitely report here once we have complains about it [kinect] not recognizing black people over here.

http://africangamer dot com/?p=238
Re: Kinect Isn’t “racist” - Africangamer by Gamine(f): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2010
Funny.
reminds me of one episode in Better off Ted.

This is definitely a plus one gaming system
I won't be buying it.
Re: Kinect Isn’t “racist” - Africangamer by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2010
I would buy this Game under One Condition. if Geroge Lucas Makes a star wars Game where the Kinetic can perform various force depeinding of the the way i do my hand and simulate a lightsaber if i use a stick then i will, always wanted to have a feel of the Force Way, ( grin

(1) (Reply)

End Of Year Sales! FIFA 2013 CD For PS 3 Cheapest Price - Call 08061688723 / Who Has Fifa 15 4sale For Ps3 Or Swap With Any Of My Cds / How Do I Get PSP Games On My Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.