Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! (4153 Views)

Top 7 Most Beautiful Nigerian Sports Women / Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash / NSC Facebook Page (Nigerian Sports Commission Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by wales(m): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2010
The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A Adeboye, has predicted better days for sports in the country.

Adeboye, who was speaking at the special thanksgiving/prayer service for Nigerian sports held at the headquarters of the church on Redemption Way, Ebute Meta, Lagos, relived the good old days when Nigeria was first among equals in the comity of sporting nations but rued her steady decline in the past few years.

“Once upon a time, Nigeria was a leading nation in sports, I remember a time when we used to have world boxing champions from this country, when we had one of the best footballers in the world; in the person of Thunder Balogun. But now, our team which was originally called Super Eagles is now being called Super Chickens by some people. I know if we cry unto God to intervene, things will change for the better and the glory of the country will be restored,” he said.

Present at the event, which was first of its kind, were former internationals, Segun Odegbami, Peter Rufai, Gideon Njoku, Lagos State Football Association Chairman, Taiwo Afinnih, alongside former national tennis coach, Babatunde Obisanya, among others.

Tayo Oreweme, the Liaison Officer for the National Sports Commission in Lagos, represented the Sports Minister, Ibrahim Bio, who was originally scheduled to attend the event. Oreweme commended the initiators of the programme, while stating that Bio was pleased that the church was showing some concern for sporting matters in the country.

Also speaking at the event, Odegbami said that given the dire straits Nigerian sports finds itself, divine intervention was clearly needed, noting that the decision by the RCCG to pray for Nigerian sports meant that breakthrough is around the corner.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/nov/08/sportsbreak-08-11-2010-001.htm
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
Hmmm. . .Baba wan dey show himself like TBJ grin
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by Tudor6(f): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2010
Foolish old man. This basterd has been predicting 'better days' for Nigeria since the days of yore even blocking Lagos Ibadan expressway every month causing traffic congestion and accidents all in the Name of Holy Ghost congress and whatnot.

What kind of useless Holy Ghost has the guy been calling for years that we are yet to see him/her/it.

Criminal pastor. The same morons running the sports ministry will embezzzle funds and come to Daddy GOat for Thanksgiving and special prayer. Yar'adua will rig elections and call Daddy GOat for inauguration service and blessing.

As far as Adejale is concerned, it's all good as long as you give him his 10% and prophets offering plus money to fuel the Jet is an added advantage.

Infact, going by precedent, I can categorically say Nigerian sport is doomed forever.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by daroz(m): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2010
Tudór:

Foolish old man. This basterd has been predicting 'better days' for Nigeria since the days of yore even blocking Lagos Ibadan expressway every month causing traffic congestion and accidents all in the Name of Holy Ghost congress and whatnot.

What kind of useless Holy Ghost has the guy been calling for years that we are yet to see him/her/it.

Criminal pastor. The same morons running the sports ministry will embezzzle funds and come to Daddy GOat for Thanksgiving and special prayer. Yar'adua will rig elections and call Daddy GOat for inauguration service and blessing.

As far as Adejale is concerned, it's all good as long as you give him his 10% and prophets offering plus money to fuel the Jet is an added advantage.

Infact, going by precedent, I can categorically say Nigerian sport is doomed forever.

Tudór, u are in serious trouble
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by juman(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2010
@Tudór,  Learn to respect men of God. Even if you have different opinion from him, you suppose not to use abusive words.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by wales(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2010
Tudór:

Are you okay at all? Always mind what you say. May the good Lord be with you.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by pdone: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2010
[size=13pt]How many times will I say this----------If Paul the Octopus can predicts, then anyone can predict" It is a two head coin. It's either you are right or wrong.

I'm sorry but I have to admit that sometimes, I don't like the way Nigerians believe everything that a pastor says. I think we are not different from our forefathers. Everyone wants the pastor to tell him how his/her business, wife/husband, future, child, will look like. Sometimes someone will have a dream but instead of fighting for the dream to come true, he/she will first needs his/her pastor to OK the plan.

What a stupid way of living.

[/size]
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by TeskyMan(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
Tudór:

[size=13pt]Tudor,

Charity they say begins at home. What is your problem with this man? What exactly did Adeboye do for you? Is this a personal vendetta or beef? FYI, I am not a member of his church neither am I one of Adeboye's praise singer but for God sake, you can't fight for God. It's impossible. Be you a Muslim or a Christian I don't care, but for God sake you have to change the mindset of you fighting for God. God is big enough, i repeat God is big enough to fight for himself. Anything that has to do with Adeboye is a BIG FRAUD as far as "Tudor" is concerned.
How did Adeboye caused accident on Ibadan express way? Is Adeboye the only one who has a church on Lagos-Ibadan Express way?
How come you tagged him a criminal pastor? Has he ever robbed you with a gun? Has he even defrauded you? Has he ever scammed you as you have been ranting?
From your many previous post about yourself, it is very obvious that this man is more than enough to be your father, I mean more than enough to be your guardian at the very least. Why did you have to insult him at every mention of his name? Please, i want to plead with you to respect elders because one thing i know is very sure; whatsoever a man sows that he/she will reap.
Face your challenges, tell it to God or whoever you serve, move on with life with joy in your heart and please stop this hating and this your "I am a saint" attitude.
Tudor, joooo bikoo take your 10% away from Adeboye. Those who pay these monies never ever complained to you of being robbed.
One thing I know is sure, if you a Christian or a Muslim, on the day of JUDGEMENT God will ask us all to give account of how we have spent our life.

May God have mercy on all of us. You can decide to rain abuses on me but the truth is this - I've said my mind.

My 2 cent.[/size]
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by ademiller(f): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
so dats wat our nigerian pastors predict? brighter days for nigerian sports.

what happened to prediction for brighter days for the nigerian youths and nigeria ?

rubbish angry
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by Tudor6(f): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2010
Its funny how nigerians love to respect criminals.

Even a 90 year old criminal deserves no respect.
ademiller:

so dats wat our nigerian pastors predict? brighter days for nigerian sports.

what happened to prediction for brighter days for the nigerian youths and nigeria ?

rubbish angry
They have been predicting 'brighter days' for the youths for decades, that most of the youths who where there then are either dead or old men now.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by user32(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2010
@tudor, touch not my annoited, and do my prophet no harm. may God forgive U jezebel
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by TeskyMan(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2010
pdone:

[size=13pt]How many times will I say this----------If Paul the Octopus can predicts, then anyone can predict" It is a two head coin. It's either you are right or wrong.

I'm sorry but I have to admit that sometimes, I don't like the way Nigerians believe everything that a pastor says. I think we are not different from our forefathers. Everyone wants the pastor to tell him how his/her business, wife/husband, future, child, will look like. Sometimes someone will have a dream but instead of fighting for the dream to come true, he/she will first needs his/her pastor to OK the plan.

What a silly way of living.

[/size]

[size=13pt]@ pdone

Why are you being sentimental here? Does that mean every one goes to the Pastors. Even the Muslims, the Pagans, the Traditional worships and all that. Please let us be more objective in our reaction to sensitive issues like this and make sure our comments are void of personal vendetta. We all know Muslim consult the Muslim clerics i.e. the Immas', the Alfas' when they feel they need advice. The Traditional worshipers visit the Babalawos', Oni sango's, yeye osun etc for help in times of challenges. The pagans are not left behind, the choose to go to either the Pastor, the Imam or the Babalawo's based on the influence of who is closer to them in times of their trials.

Why did you have to conclude that everybody goes to the Pastor? Are you incinerating that Pastors are the only entity people run to for spiritual help/advice?

Just be careful with your comments.

Lovely day ahead. [/size]
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by bestman09(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2010
Tudór:

MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU FOR YOUR IGNORANCE

Tudór:

Its funny how nigerians love to respect criminals.

Even a 90 year old criminal deserves no respect.They have been predicting 'brighter days' for the youths for decades, that most of the youths who where there then are either dead or old men now.

HMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by Mesef1: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2010
Tudór:

"Once upon a time, Nigeria was a leading nation in sports, I remember a time when we used to have world boxing champions from this country, when we had one of the best footballers in the world; in the person of Thunder Balogun. But now, our team which was originally called Super Eagles is now being called Super Chickens by some people. I know if we cry unto God to intervene, things will change for the better and the glory of the country will be restored,” he said.

What is wrong with this Tudor of a person?? Do you understand english at all

Did Adeboye even predict anything here? Please see the part in bold above. Is that a prediction?

Gosh! Some people can be very daft!!!
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by 9jauk: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2010
tudor, may god forgive us,ur midset needs urgent attention,is shocking  what u posted in d forum,
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by brownciga: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2010
I dont knw why we nigerians are so blindly religious. I can also predict what this thief had predicted. I vehemently agree with tudor anytime and anyday. It is high time we stopped allowing the criminals to stop deceiving us.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by ademiller(f): 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2010
user32:

@tudor, touch not my annoited, and do my prophet no harm. may God forgive U jezebel

which annointed is she touching here, and because she spoke her mind u dare call her Jezebel?

fight for ur God not for man my brother. u sound like those who worship their pastors not the true God.

u believe he is annointed, fine. dont point fingers cos im sure u are no better than her in evil ways.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by mrlaconic: 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
@Tudor, as i read your post,the only thing that kept on coming out of my mouth is Lord have mercy on this person.You have just placed a curse on yourself by insulting God's Servant,i just pray that you encounter Christ and surrender to Him before you DIE!
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by mrlaconic: 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2010
@Tudor, as i read your post,the only thing that kept on coming out of my mouth is Lord have mercy on this person.You have just placed a curse on yourself by insulting God's Servant,i just pray that you encounter Christ and surrender to Him before you DIE! I weep for you because you are so ignorant!! When whatever is going to befall you start happening,you will come to this same Nairaland and retrieve your insults and apologise publicly,i wish you goodluck on the path you have chosen with your TONGUE!
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by TeskyMan(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2010
brownciga:

I dont knw why we nigerians are so blindly religious. I can also predict what this thief had predicted. I vehemently agree with tudor anytime and anyday. It is high time we stopped allowing the criminals to stop deceiving us.

[size=13pt]@ brownciga

I am not against you supporting Tudor to be candid but i want to ask you what exactly has Adeboye stolen from you in particular for you to have lebelled him as a thief? Please, this is not an argument but an avenue for me to see issues from your point of view. I want to assume there are some things I am yet to understand about this man that you know. For you to have come out openly and give full support to what Tudor has said, I want to believe you have better evidences than accusing Adeboye of collecting other peoples 10% which you did not contribute. Those who had paid and are still paying the Tithes and giving the offering willingly, i repeat willingly did not complain neither have we heard anyone of them file a suit against Adeboye and his cohorts in competent law court. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. If what I have written is correct then, why have you labeled the gentle man a Thief and a Criminal.

Kindly give convincing evidences on the bold part of your previous post.

Thank you. [/size]
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by Tudor6(f): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
True. In fact From today onwards, nobody should arrest or condemn any yahoo yahoo/419ner/con artist. Their 'victims' gave 'willingly' and where not forced. End of

oya disband EFCC!!
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by paris10: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2010
TeskyMan:

[size=13pt]@ brownciga

I am not against you supporting Tudor to be candid but i want to ask you what exactly has Adeboye stolen from you in particular for you to have lebelled him as a thief? Please, this is not an argument but an avenue for me to see issues from your point of view. I want to assume there are some things I am yet to understand about this man that you know. For you to have come out openly and give full support to what Tudor has said, I want to believe you have better evidences than accusing Adeboye of collecting other peoples 10% which you did not contribute. Those who had paid and are still paying the Tithes and giving the offering willingly, i repeat willingly did not complain neither have we heard anyone of them file a suit against Adeboye and his cohorts in competent law court. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. If what I have written is correct then, why have you labeled[b] the gentle man [/b]a Thief and a Criminal.

Kindly give convincing evidences on the bold part of your previous post.

Thank you. [/size]

Your hypocrisy is very obvious. You pretend not to support your 'DADDY', yet you're judging others of their comments.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by Abuse: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
watin concern baba? He should face his business.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by paris10: 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2010
mrlaconic:

@Tudor, as i read your post,the only thing that kept on coming out of my mouth is Lord have mercy on this person.You have just placed a curse on yourself by insulting God's Servant,i just pray that you encounter Christ and surrender to Him before you DIE! I weep for you because you are so ignorant!! When whatever is going to befall you start happening,you will come to this same Nairaland and retrieve your insults and apologise publicly,i wish you goodluck on the path you have chosen with your TONGUE!

You're one of the gullible Nigerians on NL. Why not weep for yourself as Jesus would say. And who told you @Tudor is not anointed? Opinion expressed is the observation of the intellectuals and those that reason.

You accept everything being said to you because you don't have a mind of your own. Expressing one's view does not and has never been a sin, especially when it comes to religion. Religion is what people want it to be. "Daddy G.O" should not be excluded from criticism and neither does anyone.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by TeskyMan(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2010
paris10:

Your hypocrisy is very obvious. You pretend not to support your 'DADDY', yet you're judging others of their comments.

[size=13pt]

Pretend for what? Why would I do that? My friend, this is Internet, you don't know me in person you only know the username Teskyman. I see no reason why i should pretend here based on your post. Anyway, when does addressing some one as a "gentle man" becomes loyalty.  Can you please tell me how NOT to address Adeboye next time since "gentle man" means total loyalty to you?

Let me clarify issues here I am not a member of RCCG. I am a Christian and attend a living church also. I am not hiding what I believe if that is what you want to hear. I don't what to delve into argument here, I am only seeking to see things from your own perspective so that I can learn more. All I am just asking is a CONVINCING EVIDENCE on Adeboye, for him to have been addressed as Not only a THIEF but also a CRIMINAL. Shikena!!! 

Thank you.[/size]
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by pdone: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2010
TeskyMan:

[size=13pt]@ pdone

Why are you being sentimental here? Does that mean every one goes to the Pastors. Even the Muslims, the Pagans, the Traditional worships and all that. Please let us be more objective in our reaction to sensitive issues like this and make sure our comments are void of personal vendetta. We all know Muslim consult the Muslim clerics i.e. the Immas', the Alfas' when they feel they need advice. The Traditional worshipers visit the Babalawos', Oni sango's, yeye osun etc for help in times of challenges. The pagans are not left behind, the choose to go to either the Pastor, the Imam or the Babalawo's based on the influence of who is closer to them in times of their trials.

Why did you have to conclude that everybody goes to the Pastor? Are you incinerating that Pastors are the only entity people run to for spiritual help/advice?

Just be careful with your comments.

Lovely day ahead. [/size]

Forget about being sentimental. You and I know fully well that one of the problem facing Nigeria today is that majority of people sit back and waits for their pastor to predict their goddam future. No one seems to fight for his future or right. It has reach to the stage where majority believe more in their pastors more than they believe in God. What will you call pastors that still dine with the likes of OBJ, IBB, and other criminal politicians, yet refuse to tell them their sins no matter what it might cause them.

I admit that there are still righteous pastors but from what I see it is no more the same. I will give you an example, there is one pastor that went to Singapore for some seminar. He was sponsor by his church. After the seminar, the pastor said that he is not going back to Nigeria. The other pastor asked him why? He response was "Man can't you see the life around here. Do you want to go back to Nigeria and start living the same way again?"

What will you call such a pastor?
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by zoragirl: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ Tudor my God is a merciful God and will forgive, but be careful lest you heap coals of fire upon your head.
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by MisterMan(m): 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
I am shocked by the way some people talked. Before I continue, confession time. I am a proud member of Redeemed Christian Church of Christ. I am going tospeak, NOT as a RCCG member, but as an African. We give respect to elders. If Tudor were to say the kind of things she said to a respected muslim cleric, my reaction will still be the same. Tudor, you shouldn't have commented the way you did. I want to believe that you are from a good home. Will your parents be proud of you to see these your posts. Properly-bred people don't comment the way you did.
By the way, where is the prediction there? Somebody used the word Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! Another person was still comparing what Adeboye said with Paul. No there is NO prediction here. Remember, as a man of God, what will you expect him to say. Of course, he will say we should pray, fast and hold on to God. Another person will say we should hire a foreign coach and so on and so forth.
To be this abusive is throwing decorum to the winds. Let us make Nairaland a great place by giving great and objective view. We should not be this abusive, LEARN TO RESPECT ELDERS. Bye and God bless
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by MisterMan(m): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2010
wales:

The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A Adeboye, has predicted better days for sports in the country.

Adeboye, who was speaking at the special thanksgiving/prayer service for Nigerian sports held at the headquarters of the church on Redemption Way, Ebute Meta, Lagos, relived the good old days when Nigeria was first among equals in the comity of sporting nations but rued her steady decline in the past few years.

“Once upon a time, Nigeria was a leading nation in sports, I remember a time when we used to have world boxing champions from this country, when we had one of the best footballers in the world; in the person of Thunder Balogun. But now, our team which was originally called Super Eagles is now being called Super Chickens by some people. I know if we cry unto God to intervene, things will change for the better and the glory of the country will be restored,” he said.
I have to re-read all over where the prediction is. The man talked about the good old days. You were never around when Thunder Balogun was playing. By the way she spoke, she might still be a baby or not even yet in this world when Jerry Okorodudu won a medal in boxing. So tell me what the man's crime when he said we should pray to God. The Man reads his bible very well. There are instances in the bible when the children of God were overwhelmed by foes. Battles that they were NOT supposed to win were won because they prayed. So if a man of God asks people to pray, what has made him to be criminal.
Bye and God bless
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by kemisuga(f): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ Tudor shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Your profile picture shows u are from pit of hell or rather an Antichrist. angry angry angry
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by TeskyMan(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
pdone:

Forget about being sentimental. You and I know fully well that one of the problem facing Nigeria today is that majority of people sit back and waits for their pastor to predict their goddam future. No one seems to fight for his future or right. It has reach to the stage where majority believe more in their pastors more than they believe in God. What will you call pastors that still dine with the likes of OBJ, IBB, and other criminal politicians, yet refuse to tell them their sins no matter what it might cause them.

I admit that there are still righteous pastors but from what I see it is no more the same. I will give you an example, there is one pastor that went to Singapore for some seminar. He was sponsor by his church. After the seminar, the pastor said that he is not going back to Nigeria. The other pastor asked him why? He response was "Man can't you see the life around here. Do you want to go back to Nigeria and start living the same way again?"

What will you call such a pastor?

[size=13pt]@ pdone, I agree with you but you never react to wetin i talk. Na the thing wey i say make u take causion about na him you still dey do. You want tell me say the Immas' and  the Alfas' no dey do pass the kind scenario wey you paint for here? You wan tell me say international herbalist no dey UK and USA? Abeggi my brother!!!
Why say na only PASTOR OWN you dey talk over, over and over. Cite other once and we go believe wetin we dey talk.

Nobody holy pass shaaaaaa, na my message be that.

I'm out.[/size]
Re: Adeboye Predicts Brighter Days For Nigerian Sports ! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2010
@poster, there is no prediction in the article at all. Please reframe your title.

Tudór:

You should be careful the way you use that word! Sins against God & Christ are forgivable but sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable.
It surprises me the way people responded to Tudor's post; everyone was busy defending a pastor who is human but forgetting his (Tudor) slanderous blasphemy against God the Holy Spirit, shows the place of pastors over God in our hearts. may God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out 2015/2016 Jerseys Of Manu,chelsea,arsenal(photos) / Get 100% Guaranteed Arbitrage Bet / Awosika: Access Bank Lagos City Marathon offers Africa a gateway to the world

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.