Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed (16831 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency / R-APC: Why Buhari’s Associates Are Dumping Him – Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by winterfell007(m): 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ndibunna:

It is like you also talk a lot.

I'm just trying to state the obvious
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by ZZ22: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
Foolish country, Zoo. Look at the state of economy and what the country have to go through for the next 3years and they are here talking about 2023 presidency. Nigeria is cursed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
obailala:
The hatred most of these northern elite have for Igbos is bizarre.

Not hatred alone. Fear mainly. Fear that most Igbo leader, bar a few, are Biafra sympathisers who may use the Presidency to actualise their secession agenda. We don't like the truth in Nigeria but the North knows it is playing catch-up and needs Nigeria to remain as one more than any other region. They will simply not want to gamble on an Igbo currently given what we see from the SE daily online and offline. The Igbos have not done themselves any favours by going public with their hatred of Nigeria and the North in particular. Northerners feel an Igbo President will be unfair to them.

To be fair, there is no smoke without fire. Igbos discriminate openly and shamelessly. Who will not be scared of them in power when Oduah, as Minister under GEJ, retrenched Yorubas in her ministry to replace them with Igbos. Those are the sort of behaviour others worry about. I.e abusing power to favour your own. Kill the leaders of others spare your own. Attach Tinubu, Sanwo Olu all day while ignoring your own current Abia Governor. Belittle others with arrogant talk 24/7. It is too much from Igbos. At least Yorubas talk back and let Igbos know they are wrong. Northerners just watch and make up their minds how they will act without talking too much except for some like Mohammed.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by LegendHer0: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
ZZ22:
Foolish country, Zoo. Look at the state of economy and what the country have to go through for the next 3years and they are here talking about 2023 presidency. Nigeria is cursed.

The major problem of Nigerians is that we are not politicially active, lazy youth always leave politics for the players and all we do is complain online about the rot in the system.

Do you even know your LG chairman or councilor?

In USA, they’ve been talking about the 2020 election since 2017 and the democrat have been strategizing on how to take government from the republican.

Lazy Nigeria youth will just be watching BBN and when it’s 2022, they start disturbing online with APC and PDP with no clear strategy.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by OnyeOgboni: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
Seun or who ever that is in charge here..when will you start kicking out the fools that are littered here propagating hatred??There are extreme cases of severe brain damage here..please stop looking the other way.Kick them out!!
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
LegendHer0:

And what is his region you are talking about?

Seems you just finished smoking weed!

See I did not even bother responding to him.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by LegendHer0: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
OnyeOgboni:
Seun or who ever that is in charge here..when will you start kicking out the fools that are littered here propagating hatred??There are extreme cases of severe brain damage here..please stop looking the other way.Kick them out!!

SHUT UP your mouth!
You’re a hypocrite, Below is one of the rubbish you typed on another thread. Seun need to start from you!

OnyeOgboni:
President material this adesina man..but they will rather have Tinubu and oshibonjo the dwarf in that position. Clowns.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
OnyeOgboni:

Telling you the truth is 'propagating hate'? We are 'propagating hate' saying the North is wary of an Igbo Presidency given how you insult them 24/7 and belittle them non-stop?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by winterfell007(m): 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
hammerVJ:
[s][/s]

THE FACT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE ON NAIRALAND AND ONLY a FEW ARE ON THIS THREAD SHOULD TELL U THAT JUNAID IS A NONENTITY.

AS FOR YORUBA, WE WILL ONLY QUIETLY WATCH YOU PROSTITUTE YOURSELVES SHAMELESSLY TO THE NORTH, BUT 2023, NOTHING FOR YORUBA.

THE NORTH IS WELL POSITIONED TO CONTINUE.

EVEN As FOREIGNER FROM CHINA KNOWS DAT.

Comments like this are what has caused us to lose political relevance. You can't keep insulting other ethnic groups yet you expect them to help you actualize Igbo presidency. We should learn to be diplomatic that's how you get what you want
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
You guys are missing the point. Junaid can be overzealous but he has a point here
The guy said how can Papa Ayo Adebanjo who is over 90 year old be dictating to Nigerian youths who to vote for?
I support that. We shouldnt allow these old men be dictating our future to us
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by netmillionaires(m): 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
candidtalk:

No wahala with SS but GEJ was there for 5 years directly before PMB so the region cannot be allowed back to do what is a possible 8 years to add to 5 equalling 13 years out of 21. imposificant. Nigeria will have a SW President in 2023.

So the South East and South South region are now one single region when it comes to presidency issue. But when it is time for resources control and separation, they will be regarded as a separate entity.

Why do we like turning a blind eye to injustice.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by ZZ22: 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
LegendHer0:

The major problem of Nigerians is that we are not politicially active, lazy youth always leave politics for the players and all we do is complain online about the rot in the system.

Do you even know your LG chairman or councilor?

In USA, they’ve been talking about the 2020 election since 2017 and the democrat have been strategizing on how to take government from the republican.

Lazy Nigeria youth will just be watching BBN and when it’s 2022, they start disturbing online with APC and PDP with no clear strategy.
The problem is not political awareness but the bringing together of many nations in one country. The constitution a supposed democratic country still practice was laid down by the military of a certain region to their own advantage. This is the first problem to tackle and there's nothing like politics in Nigeria because in sane clime where politics is practiced a man that truncated a democratic process won't come back to enjoy what he destroyed instead of wasting in jail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by jaxxy(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
candidtalk:

This is what we keep telling SE and SS folks. Even Northerns hawks agree it must be SW if the North cannot retain the Presidency in 2023. The North does not and will not trust the Igbos for a long time to come. No wahala with SS but GEJ was there for 5 years directly before PMB so the region cannot be allowed back to do what is a possible 8 years to add to 5 equalling 13 years out of 21. imposificant. Nigeria will have a SW President in 2023. Igbos won't like to hear that but this is the reality and the North will make it happen because the Yorubas are the allies they know they can completely rely on by proxy if they themselves cannot be in power.

U have a point bt Jonathan is not an Igbo man. Also the problem here is the Igbos wud rather it goes back to the north than to the SW and the north cud be selfish and hold on to that advantage. Lol
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Ashabbiiee: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
Absolutely

winterfell007:

Comments like this are what has caused us to lose political relevance. You can't keep insulting other ethnic groups yet you expect them to help you actualize Igbo presidency. We should learn to be diplomatic that's how you get what you want
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Temptee101(m): 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
funmijoyb:
Igbo themselves knew there's little or no chances for them. If yoruba doesn't win they'll be second

This man just tarnished and insulted the entire yoruba both home and abroad and yet you see nothing wrong in that

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by topstone4: 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ndibunna:

I just highlighted the insults.

This looks like masters who hired labourers reprimanding his slaves.

More like the early days of Arab slavery.

Seunmsg, have you seen how the northerners you worship are disgracing your tribe? Congratulations on your shamelessness
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by kollinz1234(m): 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2019
LegendHer0:

And what is his region you are talking about?

Seems you just finished smoking weed!
I am talking abt the *Northern* region. Which u belong to
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by LegendHer0: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2019
Temptee101:

This man just tarnished and insulted the entire yoruba both home and abroad and yet you see nothing wrong in that

He did not insult the Yorubas. He was simply talking about the Afenifere caucus that have become political juggernaut who have been ridiculing the Yorubas all about.

The same Afenifere caucus supported Atiku and was even campaigning for him in the open.

Junaid tho a sick stateman was right this time, he was simply telling them the North only recognized Tinubu and that the Afenifere caucus should not speak for the Yoruba since he said we should support the Igbos instead!
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by LegendHer0: 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
kollinz1234:
I am talking abt the *Northern* region. Which u belong to

Well, both me and candidtalk belong to the mighty Yoruba tribe.

Since you directed your insult to the North, fire on. I don’t give a bleep about the North.

Gracias bro!
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
nairavsdollars:
You guys are missing the point. Junaid can be overzealous but he has a point here
The guy said how can Papa Ayo Adebanjo who is over 90 year old be dictating to Nigerian youths who to vote for?
I support that. We shouldnt allow these old men be dictating our future to us

Indeed. I personally don't have a problem with Igbo Presidency but Northerners do for their own reasons. My opinion as a Yoruba is that APC is the ruling Party and likely to win in 2023. The Party will likely cede its ticket to a Southern candidate because PMB and other influential Northerners in the Party are honourable men even if inconsequential upstarts like El Rufai want to be ungentlemanly.

To that end no fair person can begrudge the SW making a pitch for the APC ticket with any noise of "unfairness to SE' and such. When we chose to deliberately build bridges with the North to form APC and give sweat and blood for the Party, Igbos chose to sink or swim with the PDP and gave APC zero electoral support over two general elections. In facts the SE only had insults for the APC and threats the Party should not campaign in the SE because "APC is dead in Ala Igbo".

It is now lunacy to expect the SW to not feel entitled to benefit from their hard work for and dedication to APC. It would be distinctly unfair for the APC to give its ticket to any Southern region other than the SW. In life you reap what you sow and you generally should not reap where you have not sown. Hope some will learn this lesson but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by hammerVJ: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
candidtalk:

Indeed. I personally don't have a problem with Igbo Presidency but Northerners do for their own reasons. My opinion as a Yoruba is that APC is the ruling Party and likely to win in 2023. The Party will likely cede its ticket to a Southern candidate because PMB and other influential Northerners in the Party are honourable men even if inconsequential upstarts like El Rufai want to be ungentlemanly.

To that end no fair person can begrudge the SW making a pitch for the APC ticket with any noise of "unfairness to SE' and such. When we chose to deliberately build bridges with the North to form APC and give sweat and blood for the Party, Igbos chose to sink or swim with the PDP and gave APC zero electoral support over two general elections. In facts the SE only had insults for the APC and threats the Party should not campaign in the SE because "APC is dead in Ala Igbo".

It is now lunacy to expect the SW to not feel entitled to benefit from their hard work for and dedication to APC. It would be distinctly unfair for the APC to give its ticket to any Southern region other than the SW. In life you reap what you sow and you generally should not reap where you have not sown. Hope some will learn this lesson but I doubt it.
[/s]

ALL THIS HARD WORK U ARE DOING HERE, KOLE WERK.

WE SEE THROUGH YOUR DECEITFUL WORDS.

LET ME TELL U WAT IGBO AND NORTH HAVE IN COMMON, WE ARE BOTH DEADLY HONEST AND STRAIGHT FORWORD.

WE DON'T MISS WORDS, WAT WE SAY, WE MEAN AND DO.

ON THE CONTARY, YORUBA TEND TO THINK BEING DISINGENUOUS AS SMART.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
Temptee101:

What are you talking about? Is it not turncoats like Odumakin, because of nothing but hatred and envy of Tinubu, who are the ones insulting Yorubas via trying to sell us out to the PDP? What have many of these impotent so-called Yoruba leaders ever done for us? Left to them we will still be under PDP shackles. They conduct some sham election and declare some unknown Akintoye character leader of the Yorubas simply to try and scuttle a Tinubu charge on the 2023 Presidency either directly or indirectly. Is that not disgraceful and the real insult to Yorubas? Many Yorubas know Afenifere remain ready to deliberately sabotage Yorubas just to frustrate Tinubu and the APC.

Their hatred of Tinubu and his influence, which they are also free to seek but have no ability to gain, has clouded their objectivity and they now act as traitors to the Yorubas causing disunity of vision and purpose non-stop recently. Why won't Mohammed mock them when the North does not behave like that? We can always trust almost all Northerners to be united in seeking the region's best interests at all times. Is it then an insult to call out treacherous behaviour? What is worse than traitors to their own? Is that not what Afenifere and co have become? Who tagged them Afenifebi (seeking evil) if not Yorubas themselves because of their unsavoury actions?
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
hammerVJ:
[s][/s]

ALL THIS HARD WORK U ARE DOING HERE, KOLE WERK.

WE SEE THROUGH YOUR DECEITFUL WORDS.

LET ME TELL U WAT IGBO AND NORTH HAVE IN COMMON, WE ARE BOTH DEADLY HONEST AND STRAIGHT FORWORD.

WE DON'T MISS WORDS, WAT WE SAY, WE MEAN AND DO.

ON THE CONTARY, YORUBA TEND TO THINK BEING DISINGENUOUS AS SMART.

You are just an emotional and unstable chap. Typing always in uppercase is proof of this. I am not doing any hard work and I use no deceitful words. I am being very direct. In fact I am telling you and other Igbos point blank that you won't smell the APC ticket because it is going to the SW. Igbos cannot reap where they have not sown and only haters, as many Igbos are, who will begrudge the APC ticket going to the Yorubas.

Go and get the PDP ticket if you can and meet the APC candidate at the polls because nothing for you in APC. I am 100% sure of that. Any deceit in the above words or does anything remain unclear to you?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
LegendHer0:

He did not insult the Yorubas. He was simply talking about the Afenifere caucus that have become political juggernaut who have been ridiculing the Yorubas all about.

The same Afenifere caucus supported Atiku and was even campaigning for him in the open.

Junaid tho a sick stateman was right this time, he was simply telling them the North only recognized Tinubu and that the Afenifere caucus should not speak for the Yoruba since he said we should support the Igbos instead!

Indeed. Your post show how Yorubas are always able to look at each case on its individual merit and not throw out the baby with the bath water. Mohammed is always misyarning but what does he say below that me, you and any clued-up Yoruba will not say or even worse? He is 100% correct. One wuruwuru election to produce one unknown who 95% of Yorubas do not know all for the sake of frustrating Tinubu and the APC.

We have always had turncoats like these in history. Is this not how the envious Obasanjo ensured Awolowo never became President? Mohammed is right. Yorubas are not behind this Akintoye, an 84 year old historian, who cannot take us anywhere. We don't need history lessons. We need political leadership and real political influence leading up to 2023. These clowns should tell us whether the Awolowo this Akintoye is meant to succeed was a political leader and titan or some scholar alone.

“There is another joker they now called the leader of the Yorubas, the successor to Awolowo, Professor Banji Akintoye. Who does he represent? Is he representing the Yoruba race? Have you seen anybody talking about the Yoruba race and they mention the name of Banji Akintoye?”.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by webngnews: 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
Oh
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
candidtalk:

And you have been paying the consequences since then so what did you achieve brother rather than empty chest-beating?
shutup you talk too much
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
shutup you talk too much

Make me na. E pain am well well. Frustrated mugu.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
hammerVJ:

YET, THEY NEED THE IGBOS.

IGBOS DONT NEED THE NORTH, THEY ARE A BURDEN ON US.

NEITHER DO IGBO NEED THE SW.

ALL IGBO NEED IS BIAFRA AND 2023, IGBO WILL GET IT.

JUST ONE SMALL MISTAKE FROM EITHER NORTH OR SW, AND WE ARE HOME.
But igbos need MB. and ND
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2019
candidtalk:

Make me na. E pain am well well. Frustrated mugu.
I am yoruba also you fool
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
I am yoruba also you fool

Then shut up and stay out of my way. Lord knows the sort of Yoruba you are.
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by phantom24: 9:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigeria's problem is that the most backward and illiterate sect of people are the ones claiming born to rule, you can read more about nigeria in ecclesiatis 10:5-7
Re: Igbo Presidency: Ayo Adebanjo Speaking For Himself – Junaid Mohammed by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
candidtalk:

Then shut up and stay out of my way. Lord knows the sort of Yoruba you are.
I say shutup you talk damn too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professor Adetunji Haastrup Appointed Global Ambassador In US / Bakare Predicts Return Of Chibok School Girls In 2015 / Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.