Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible (41602 Views)

Osimhen & Boniface Beat Ronaldo As World Best Strikers By SPORTbible / China Bans Footballers From Getting Tattoos / Ranking Of Golden Boot Winners: Messi The 1st To Claim This Award For 6 Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hahaha let the war begin
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Hotzone(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
I prefer wrestling than footubolu!
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Kroos8: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
Icon79:
[s]Mine:

1. GOAT: Lionel "Leo" Messi - one and only!

2. Legends: Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo de Lima, Johan Cruyff, Carles Puyol, George Weah Opong, and Diego Maradona

3. Great: Gianluigi Buffon, Rivaldo, Franco Baresi, Roger Miller, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Abedi Pele, Neymar Jr, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, Samuel Eto'o, and Roberto Carlos

4. Good: Sergio Aguero, Didier Drogba, Virgil van Dijk, Robin van Persie, Kanu Nwankwo, Theophile Abega, and Kylian Mbappe

5. Underrated: Ngolo Kante, Yaya Toure, Oman Biyik, Sunday Oliseh, and Wilfred Ndidi

6. Overrated: Antoine Griezmann, Mesut Ozil, Gareth Bale, Michele Platini, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, Karim Benzema, and Cristiano Ronaldo[/s]

Yeye pikin... See my own

1. GOAT: Cristiano Ronaldo - God Of Soccer. God Save The King

2. Legends: Zinedine Zidane, Paolo Maldini, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo de Lima, Johan Cruyff, Carles Puyol, George Weah Opong, and Diego Maradona

3. Great: Gianluigi Buffon, Rivaldo, Franco Baresi, Roger Miller, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Abedi Pele, Neymar Jr, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, Samuel Eto'o, and Roberto Carlos

4. Good: Sergio Aguero, Didier Drogba, Virgil van Dijk, Robin van Persie, Kanu Nwankwo, Theophile Abega, and Kylian Mbappe

5. Underrated: Ngolo Kante, Yaya Toure, Oman Biyik, Sunday Oliseh, and Wilfred Ndidi

6. Overrated: Antoine Griezmann, Mesut Ozil, Gareth Bale, Michele Platini, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, Karim Benzema.

7. Amateurs: Lionel Messi

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Ayoefa: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
Trash list.

Pele overrated?

Messi GOAT? Yeah right, may be a RAM but definitely not a GOAT.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Angelfrost(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
ElasticStone:
Gbam!

My own additions

Legends: Jay Jay Okocha
Great: E. Hazard, Kaka
Good: Kanu, Samuel Eto o, luis Suarez
Underrated: Casemiro, Aubameyang, Nglo Kante, Cavani, La Cazette
Overrated: Luka Modric, Coutinho, Mandzukic

Luka Modric is overrated??!... Lol... Una go just carry phone begin dey type anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by mysteryman2014: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Where does Pele belong?
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Awe4luv(m): 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
I Will comment later...i am looking for the person who sold calculator to my mum as phone.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by naijadrivablog: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
grin From "GOAT to NAMA.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by frankIzuchukwu(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
because we no watch pele na e make us to day disrespect him!!!
racism started years back because he was a black skin that's why FIFA still fail to honor him well

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Debaiz: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
Jokerman:
A barcelonian list grin

We are talking of the "greatest "... What has Messi done or acheived on won that this players haven't done

Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Ronaldo
CR7

When they all score 90 goals in a year, they should come and talk.

When they score in 21consecutive games, against every team in the league, they should come and talk.

Until then, Messi is the GOAT

Those are individual performance not about winning trophy.

9 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by SolarMight(m): 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
DanXplore:
I think I agree with this and feel free to add players into the catergories.

Source: https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-footballers-and-legends-ranked-from-goat-to-overrated-20191011.amp.html

My own additions:

Legend: Okocha, Iniesta
Great: Drogba, Robinho
Good: Crespo, Gabriel Jesus
Underrated: Essien, Dybala, Marcelo
Overrated: Kanu Nwankwo, Luka Modric, Iwobi, Tony Kroos, Firmino

Robinho who? Baba you joking

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by 1shortblackboy: 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Pele overrated? Who do this mumu list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by hensben(m): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
dayowunmi:

Don't be cynical. Answer his question. What major title or achievement has Messi won that Ronaldo hasn't? Facts only. And pls don't come and bang about goals scored. What has Messi won over Ronaldo or even Maradona or Pele?
Titles are team achievement. Remember football is not lawn tennis, it is a team sport.
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
GOAT: Aaron Ramsey.

Legends: Mutiu Adepoju [headmaster], John Utaka, Samuel Eto'o

Great: Nemanja Matic, Yaya Sanago, Efe Ambrose, Mikel Obi

Good: Alvaro Morata, Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Sadio Mane

Underrated: Jnr. Neymar, Samuel Chukwueze, Juan Mata

Overrated: Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Eden Hazard,

angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Angelfrost(m): 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
Icon79:
Mine:

6. Overrated: Antoine Griezmann, Mesut Ozil, Gareth Bale, Michele Platini, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, Karim Benzema, and Cristiano Ronaldo

@ your overrated list... Lol... You guys play too much here!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by 1shortblackboy: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
Icon79:
Mine:

6. Overrated: Antoine Griezmann, Mesut Ozil, Gareth Bale, Michele Platini, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, Karim Benzema, and Cristiano Ronaldo
I agree with you on yaya toure that guy is underrated
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by mdchikezie(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
THE PERSON WHO COMPILED THIS IS SO ACCURATE NO DOUBTS

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rubbish list
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Fladm(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga everyone knows Messi is great... Even in Messi best years, when he scored 91 calendars goals in a year (2nd highest ever), Pele was still selected as the best player of the century in 2013

No matter what you type or think

Pele
Maradona

Will always be ahead of any player

@Bolded

Highest ever... Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
dayowunmi:

1.The year Inter won the champions league and Netherlands reached the world Cup final,Sneijder deserved the Balon'dor over Lionel Messi. The year Ronaldo was nominated aside Frank Ribery, Ribery had a better season. Both got pity votes on both occasions. I made a veiled reference to that earlier when I said both had gotten pity votes over the course of their careers. Dunno why you asking if I think Ronaldo had gotten pity votes
2. You can't find a meaning to undeserved? It means they both won awards where there were more deserving contenders. And I used that in response to you or the op statement that Messi won more Fifa best than Ronaldo.
3. Okay. I concur.

I think Messi is more skillful than Ronaldo, but the hunger, dedication and passion of Ronaldo for the game is rare. You cannot logically argue Messi is better. You can have your preference between the two but if all you have to say is Messi has one more Fifa best than him then you are grasping at straws. For a start, they are both still active and there is no reason to bet against Ronaldo getting more Fifa best awards before he retires. Even if he doesn't, a sole fifa best awards gong is inadequate to qualify him as a Goat over Ronaldo except of course you are a barca fan living in your own little delusion of Messi's grandeur.

@bolded. What you wrote was underservered and not undeserved. undecided
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by spiritedtete: 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Messi Can't be GOAT no World cup no Nations cup...

And why is Pele overated...

This list is been compiled by an overzealous teenager who dislike History!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Fladm:

@Bolded

Highest ever... Thank you

Pele had 127

12 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Jokerman(m): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Debaiz:

When they all score 90 goals in a year, they should come and talk.

When they score in 21consecutive games, against every team in the league, they should come and talk.

Until then, Messi is the GOAT

Those are individual performance not about winning trophy.

Pele scored 127

12 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by 1shortblackboy: 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Kroos8:

Yeye pikin... See my own

1. GOAT: Cristiano Ronaldo - God Of Soccer. God Save The King

6. Overrated: Antoine Griezmann, Mesut Ozil, Gareth Bale, Michele Platini, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, Karim Benzema.

7. [b]Amateurs: Lionel Messi[/b]
is your head paining you?

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Fladm(m): 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
Jokerman:

Pele had 127

Lol... Never
Its 75

5 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by useurkidney3121: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Icon79:
Mine:

I wish u a quick recovery bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hotzone:
I prefer wrestling than footubolu!

Lol. Then get off our football thread and go and nimble on your wrestling thread

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by TimmyAde1: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Jokerman:
A barcelonian list grin

We are talking of the "greatest "... What has Messi done or acheived on won that this players haven't done

Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Ronaldo
CR7
Penaldian!!!
Why won't you guys just accept the fact that Messi is the Goat and drink water.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Asour: 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
dayowunmi:

Don't be cynical. Answer his question. What major title or achievement has Messi won that Ronaldo hasn't? Facts only. And pls don't come and bang about goals scored. What has Messi won over Ronaldo or even Maradona or Pele?

The Ronaldos are Greats. Supremely talented.
However, This "Who is better" arguement is an unnecessary subjective game.

On a lighter note since you asked, it's interesting to note that Messi is highly likely the Only player of this generation to have won at least an individual title (MVP) from every Major Competition he has ever participated in — Since he was16,17 years old.

I am not a fan of Subjective titles/awards though, but it's a really interesting angle to the "little man's" Career.

5 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Kingrahmanumar(m): 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
Where u put pele is an insult
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by KingAzubuike(f): 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
That kanu na one overrated piece of thrash.. well for Europe nobody knows him...
Re: Ranking Of Footballers: From Goat To Overrated By Sportbible by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2019
Asour:

The Ronaldos are Greats. Supremely talented.
However. This "Who is better" arguement is an unnecessary subjective game.

On a lighter note since you asked, it's interesting to note that Messi is highly likely the Only player of this generation to have won at least an individual title (MVP) from every Major Competition he has ever participated in — Since he was16,17 years old.

I am not a fan of Subjective titles though, but it's a really interesting angle to the "little man's" Career.

It is not entirely subjective. A simulation of Messi visavis other great footballers was done using a computer software by some independent analysts and Messi emerged GOAT.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo Of Oyinbo Man Rocking Super Eagles Jersey Celebrating Nigeria Victory / Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place / Euro 2020: Five Players Of Nigerian Descent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.