Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

“what Is My Purpose?” How Can You Find Your Purpose In Life? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / “what Is My Purpose?” How Can You Find Your Purpose In Life? (385 Views)

How To Discover Your Purpose In Life / Discover Your Purpose In Life. / How To Discover Your Purpose In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“what Is My Purpose?” How Can You Find Your Purpose In Life? by Adriel3: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
“What is my purpose?” How can you find your purpose in life? Many people have no idea where to begin, so they simply react to what happens instead of figuring out what they really want and need. Even when they think they know their purpose, they often mistake it with a short-term goal. And once that goal is achieved, what’s left?
IS THIS ALL THERE IS?
Ultimately, what we become, and who we become is the answer to “What is my purpose?” A goal yields a sense of achievement. Purpose makes you into something more. So when it comes to asking, “How do I find my purpose,” you’re ultimately asking for a true sense of fulfillment.

When do you learn how to discover your purpose? Everything in life is growing or dying, which is why growth is addictive to those of us who are searching for our purpose. Everything in life is calling to us to grow. When we stop growing, we start feeling pain, fear and anxiety. We are then susceptible to envy as we look around and see what everyone else has that we don’t. Instead of asking “What is my purpose in life?”, you start coveting status, material goods and power that will ultimately leave you feeling empty.

HOW TO FIND MY PURPOSE
If you focus only on achieving short-term goals, you will never find your true passion or discover your ultimate purpose. Once you achieve goals that aren’t based on your purpose, you’ll only feel a fleeting sense of accomplishment and will soon be looking for something more. You won’t be able to see that life is happening for you instead of to you.

However, if you develop a value system and focus on an abundance mindset, your purpose in life becomes much clearer. You question less and less what is the purpose of life because you feel like you have more of the answers and that you are on the path to achieving meaningful goals.

WHAT IS MY PURPOSE IN LIFE?
To be one of those who succeed, understand that both the science of achievement and the art of fulfillment create the road to happiness and a life of purpose.

The questions “How do I find my purpose?” and “How can I be happy?” are actually the same. If you let your past conditioning control how you evaluate that and dictate how to discover your purpose, you’re going to live a life based on others’ expectations. You can never truly understand the answer to “What is my purpose in life?” by looking outside of yourself. Everything you need is right at your fingertips.

True fulfillment comes from designing your own life. This is how you unlock the extraordinary. To find your purpose, you must decide what’s truly right, and know it in your heart and soul. You must not let yourself be driven by fear or anxiety. A decision made from fear is always the wrong decision. It will not help you understand “What is my purpose?” but instead confuse the issue even more.

If you’re ready to discover your purpose, these tips can help.

Examine what already comes easy to you
Can you pick up a pencil and sketch a lifelike portrait? Have you always been able to pick out a tune on a piano after you’ve heard it only once? When you look closely at the activities or skills that have always come easily to you, you’ll likely stumble upon passions that you can turn into a profitable career.
Develop your own life vision statement
Before you can ask yourself “What is my purpose?” you first have to know what an ideal world looks like and how you fit into it. Creating a life vision statement involves identifying what life would look like if everyone were living up to their fullest potential. This will help you develop a roadmap to guide you in the proper direction.
Think about what has brought you the greatest amount of joy
When asking themselves “What is my purpose in life?”, some people don’t even know where to start. If you fall into this category, it helps to look back on your life and identify the times when you felt the most joy. Was it when you were connecting with your partner? Making a successful presentation at work? When you discover what brings you joy, you usually discover where your passions lie.
Take time for yourself
“What is my purpose?” is a deep question that takes time and reflection to answer. When you spend all your time running from one commitment to another, you never have time to just sit quietly and reconnect with yourself. Make sure you schedule enough personal time to reduce the noise and demands of the outer world and focus on what you want.
When you develop your core values and stop looking for external affirmation, you’ll find that the question of “How do I find my purpose?” is much easier to answer.
Re: “what Is My Purpose?” How Can You Find Your Purpose In Life? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Simply put.... your purpose in life is to live life and not to just exist...

If finding ur purpose is ur way of asking what excites someone or what their passion is..... Then that's the wrong way to think.... Human beings aren't just mechanical beings whose passion revolves around one or two things... And a person's life is not purposeless if he doesn't help others.... With time people change... human beings are very dynamic in nature... And note every purpose or passion is just a process that ends with a goal in mind....
You can't seperate passion from goals... Because they make the goals meaningful

My passion maybe programming now... And dats not bad... Later I decide that it's linguistics... After that I may choose to become a chef....

No one does only one thing for life.. we all have lots of other interests no matter what....

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies For Subject Teachers / How Do I Get An Entry Level IT Job? / 1 Day Internship "@ Lenovo, HCL, Xiaomi. Apply Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.