Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. (4700 Views)

Car Wants To Overheat / My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Except that it doesn't.

I've taken off the cats on both my Lexus ES330 and Infiniti G35 without any hit to fuel economy. I'm not just talking.

1 Like

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Tbh, I assumed you were referring to the cats being removed, which shouldn't affect fuel economy.

Clogged up or damaged cats may affect mpg, though.

Ah... Simple miscommunication

2 Likes

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Can't hear you over the sound of this loud catless exhaust.

grin dead

1 Like

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
Please is it this cat here or the one under the vehicle?

The one under the oxygen sensor more likely culprit.

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
radautoworks:

The one under the oxygen sensor more likely culprit.
wow! I've never thought problem could be this related. Please ma any idea of the cost of this?
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
wow! I've never thought problem could be this related. Please ma any idea of the cost of this?

Depends on what you find..
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
radautoworks:

Yes ma I know. Just wanna prepare my mind as against possible cost.
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
TRYGO:
That's a huge money been spent son fuel consumption here.

Here's a brief.

That sensor, measures the volume of oxygen in the system, and converts that in some sort of voltage values for the ECU to use in order to attained a set air/fuel ratio balance. If the ECU sees less oxygen in the system from the O2S, it would command an increase in the injector pulse width(prolonged fuel supply):rich system.

This code tells you the ECU isn't seeing the right air/fuel ratios for it to correctly operate the car.

So replacing that sensor didn't work, because, either you got the FAKE PARTS, OR THERE'S ABSOLUTELY A SHORT OR AN OPEN CIRCUIT PROBLEM WITH THE oxygen sensor wiring harnesses to the ECU itself.

NOTE: I have had issues like this too. Only replaced that sensor with a DENSO MADE. Any other one, would trigger that code.

Asks your electrician to look at those probable causes first! At least sensor replacement has being eliminated.

Trace those wires from the sensor to the ECU. It could be that the wire from the sensor close to the exhaust manifold has chamfered, and failed.

If all the above fails, then its time to do the following:

1. There could be other things causing the fuel consumption issues, apart from the O2S.
How's your air filter quality like? Terribly dirty, or...?Have you had it replaced since you owned that car?

A clogged filter is like when one's nostrils are blocked. The volume of oxygen you inhale/exhale, becomes insufficient, and that leads to problems (heart beat increases, since it tries to supply enough oxygen to cope with the demands ).

2. Removed your spark plugs and inspect. If they are worn out, replaced them all!

3. Is/are your radiator fans connected directly with the ignition system's circuitry? Does it come on immediately the ignition is turned ON?

4. Any signs of fuel leaks on the car? Sometimes, leaks do happens, that you may not be aware of. Any petrol smell?

5. How's your cars engine temperature? Late OCI on cars would increased friction on internal engine parts, which leads to increased engine loads, and then an increased in fuel consumption.
Any problems you've observed with your accessory pulleys? Any of them sticking or making awful noises(compressor, etc).?

PS: Here's an appeal to car owners with code readers.
Having a code reader read for trouble codes, does not equate to fixing a problem by replacing parts.
Code readers are there to narrow down the likely areas where you need to troubleshoot.

Hope this gives you some succour.

Regards,
Joseph
Car was checked today by a reputable panel beater and catalyst is there and still brand new.
You are right. Maybe I got a fake oxygen sensor cos I got it from Amazon for $23
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
radautoworks:

Catalytic converter was found to be intact and in good shape ma.

I'm thinking of buying a new oxygen sensor. DENSO preferably.

Does a bad 02 sensor cause high fuel consumption?

Tnx
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
YES
J0hnTrevolt:

Tnx

I HAVE BEEN APPEALING TO RADAUTOWORKS TO DO AN O2 SENSOR PROMO KWA

2 Likes

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
TRYGO:
That's a huge money been spent son fuel consumption here.

Here's a brief.

That sensor, measures the volume of oxygen in the system, and converts that in some sort of voltage values for the ECU to use in order to attained a set air/fuel ratio balance. If the ECU sees less oxygen in the system from the O2S, it would command an increase in the injector pulse width(prolonged fuel supply):rich system.

PS: Here's an appeal to car owners with code readers.
Having a code reader read for trouble codes, does not equate to fixing a problem by replacing parts.
Code readers are there to narrow down the likely areas where you need to troubleshoot.

Hope this gives you some succour.

Regards,
Joseph

This should be a sticky. I'm usually too lazy to type this.
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:

Tnx

Did the one you bought look like picture one or picture two?

Also, do you know if it's upstream or downstream? If you don't, do you know what code exactly?

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2019
radautoworks:

Did the one you bought look like picture one or picture two?

Also, do you know if it's upstream or downstream? If you don't, do you know what code exactly?
Yes ma'am. P1135 toyota avalon sensor 1 bank 1
The one I bought I bought for $23. I doubt if it's genuine.
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
Yes ma'am. P1135 toyota avalon sensor 1 bank 1
The one I bought I bought for $23. I doubt if it's genuine.

Which one? Picture one or picture two?
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
radautoworks:

Which one? Picture one or picture two?
exactly as picture 2 ma.
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by radautoworks: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
J0hnTrevolt:
exactly as picture 2 ma.

Okay. You need to buy a better one. You bought the right type of connection but poor quality
Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by J0hnTrevolt(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
radautoworks:

Okay. You need to buy a better one. You bought the right type of connection but poor quality
Gratitude!

1 Like

Re: This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. by Peterlove11: 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
J0hnTrevolt:
Gratitude!

Were you able to fix the outrageous fuel consumption?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikkyphp's Free Paint Job / Warning / Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.