Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets (37283 Views)

Bandits Now Rule My Constituency – Sokoto Lawmaker / 'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hollowpot15684(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
nairalandposter:

Go ahead if you feel like it.

Ok i will.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by edoairways: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
God Bless Muhammadu Buhari
Yeah God bless him. Next phase is the paytv right and the electricity discos

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Harlarbiz01(m): 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Wantedmiller:
To be sincere...... Is a nice idea locking down the land boarders.....

But in the real Sense, how will local man feed?

December is fast approaching..... A time everything increases, can a local man be able to afford a bag of rice?

This a very big opportunity for the people in the market.......even if they buy at a lower rate they will definitely increase the price.

Government should help regulate the price.......if at all this thing will work!

Must you cook Rice .... it’s just out mentality that rice is for xmas and new year .... after all we eat rice almost everyday,
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by GideonOludayomi(m): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .
Try mama pride, you will like it. It's perfect

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by OOSmilling(m): 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
backnbeta:
All we hear and read is rice production and distribution in the North undecided
We need situation report on rice production in the South, because local rice is still not readily available here. Is it that we don't plant enough to compete with our neighbors in the North or what? [/color][b][/b][color=#006600]they love farming in d north, there, u see a professor having hectares of farm land but in d south ppl looked down on farmers coupled with scarcity of land especially in d east,nobody can give u land to farm for free. but dey have land in abundant in d north and farming is part of dem

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by TruthinAction: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
dederocs:

Common man, you can't be sinister all the time...which of them in power have rice mills... generally a country like Nigeria have no business importing food.

But we have business importing refined petroleum products that we can locally refine here. We have business to import cooking stoves we can locally produce here. You are the kind of person taking us backward. And I know you will still vote this kind of visionless government into power.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Premiumwriter: 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .
you and I both know that this is a lie

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Legendguru: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
It’s very small and expensive
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by TruthinAction: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
dederocs:

Common man, you can't be sinister all the time...which of them in power have rice mills... generally a country like Nigeria have no business importing food.

You expect them to announce the business they do? When fulani herdsmen were killing people up and down, the presidency said it doesn't require the intervention of soldiers that it was a police affair. But when cattle was rustled, he immediately released 1,000 soldiers to go after the cattle rustlers. Does the government own cows? Even if they do, are they more important than human lives? Please, don't be an hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by odimbannamdi(m): 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:

You are not entirely correct. I ate local rice all through the weekend at my parents house and i didnt even know. The taste was great and stood out fairly nicely. It was until i noticed that the grains were unusually shorter that i was informed that it is local rice.

At first i was against this border closure move, but seeing the positive economic it portends, i dont think it is bad entirely.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by taneez(f): 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ahhh I don't know where you people are seeing good Nigerian rice (apart from ofada). Someome gifted us a bag of mama gold rice some years back and we couldn't eat it. We gave it out. Please I need good recommendation from (expert rice eaters) those who know the real difference between horrible, bad, fair, good ,very good and excellent rice. I am used to short grain less starch rice. Thanks
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by gallantsamjoy: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
This nigeria of ours, do not obey law of gravity,
Remember anything that goes up in nigeria depending on cost. Can never come down.
And 4 it to come down it will need lot of force to pull it down.
Pls the gnuernment suld do something about the price.
Right from time insted n of price nof rice to reduce, but no and nver,
The price is just increasing every year,
Just look at what the op said: when they see that d demand is high, they increase the price... That too bad.
But i pray this time nigeria shall heed to law of gravity.
tll4drp
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by TEYA: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Eat it like that. Be proud of what you have! grin
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by bluefilm: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
God Bless Muhammadu Buhari

Amen.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by kechywillz(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
If we can produce local to be at a good standard as the foreign rice ,I will love it
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by desiredhome: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:

In a sane environment this is an opportunity, instead of complaining and waiting for government to come and remove stone,
One of the ways to become successful is to solve problems
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by delpee(f): 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
taneez:
Ahhh I don't know where you people are seeing good Nigerian rice (apart from ofada). Someome gifted us a bag of mama gold rice some years back and we couldn't eat it. We gave it out. Please I need good recommendation from (expert rice eaters) those who know the real difference between horrible, bad, fair, good ,very good and excellent rice. I am used to short grain less starch rice. Thanks

Try Big Bull or Mama Pride. Available in the market or Spar stores. Also there's a brand from Kano being sold at Palms (Game) if you're in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by AshipaEk0: 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nyamiri:

Land borders were closed, not sea borders. Wanna import rice? Import through Tincan and pay the heavy customs duties.

Our local consumption alone is in the top 5 in the world. That's why they import into Benin and move it here. This is not even taking into cognisance the ones from Niger Republic.

So, stop talking like an illiterate.

See who dey call person illiterate?

Crazy how I didn't address you, but your vuvuzela work has eroded all.the common sense you can boast of

Mumu have you seen your ports?
You don't even have roads leading to them

Your import duty is the highest anywhere, and you can't turn around a vessel in 5 days.

Fool, if your country was sane why would anyone send goods through Benin

Abi is this not the port in your country? https://www.nairaland.com/5473942/truck-owners-apapa-tincan-road

Rather than address the real problems you are applauding cosmetic border closure in just one road in one state when everyone knows there's a gazillion other routes into the country.

You really think rice is the only thing that matters in the world.

Rank donkey
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by gregyboy(m): 12:13am On Oct 16, 2019
9jahotblog:

You get sense.....

This is economic phobic attacks on Africans by buhari ....closing down border during the ember month to benefit is brothers who are into rice farming....

Closing down borthers wont help Nigeria agriculture improve or even if it get to improve it will take another fool in power to crumble it....las las this thing na scam...

We should continue with the foreign rice...than eating stones in our rice because of political reasons
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Yeah i know, as long as it's not your opinion.

You don't sound like someone who has ever seen ofada rice, not to talk of eating it.

This thread seems like the first time you're hearing of local rice, in my opinion.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hollowpot15684(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
nairalandposter:

You don't sound like someone who has ever seen ofada rice, not to talk of eating it.

This thread seems like the first time you're hearing of local rice, in my opinion.

As long as it's your opinion then you are right.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by taneez(f): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
I am just seeing this now.
Thanks. There is a kind of odour the Nigerian rice have when it is cooked.
I eat rice once in 10days now. I will try Mama pride
delpee:

Try Big Bull or Mama Pride. Available in the market or Spar stores. Also there's a brand from Kano being sold at Palms (Game) if you're in Lagos.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by sapele914(m): 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
post=83152041:
Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

We are on the right track.

A drastic solution requires a drastic measure.

NO PAIN, NO GAIN.

Osondi owendi!

God bless Nigeria.

God bless you a billion folds for this DEXTROVERT!
It is always good and refreshing to see that we still have reasonable people like you on this forum.
Stay blessed.

So they sent you to copy and paste this same rubbish on every border and rice thread this boy?!
But, Which kind person be dis tin for krissake?!
This one has taking wailing and being pessimistic to another level!

(Eat rice produced from Nigeria and develop appendicitis and spend the rest of your lives in the hospital.....JESUS CHRIST!!) shocked shocked
Who do una like dis wailers?!

You deserve a special 'Slow' award for this negative post about your nation.
Spits!
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by carbon1224(m): 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
Nigeria rice is 22k now and it’s has stones in it.i just bought one now . I think it’s terrible if government cannot regulate or have a big warehouse to see a well finished rise not stoned rice.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by carbon1224(m): 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
delpee:

How much are they selling it per bag be sincere
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by fyneguy: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
backnbeta:
All we hear and read is rice production and distribution in the North undecided
We need situation report on rice production in the South, because local rice is still not readily available here. Is it that we don't plant enough to compete with our neighbors in the North or what?

grin grin grin

who are you asking? Government or Southerners, who are looking for jobs that don't exist?
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by SirePaulihno(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
The beautiful think is that we are having our own local rice and eating it.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by FarahAideed: 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2019
TollaniHub:
Its time Nigerians need to wake up to the reality, we all need to take our agricultural sector more serious in order to change our destiny in this country

So that's why you want to scam people of their hard earned money ..All these criminal farm Crowd funding ventures
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 1:15am On Oct 24, 2019
FarahAideed:

So that's why you want to scam people of their hard earned money ..All these criminal farm Crowd funding ventures

Seems like a good idea if it's legit.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by TollaniHub: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2019
FarahAideed:

calm down and research the farm you are investing with.. this is not crowd funding but we are setting up farms for investors rather
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by delpee(f): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
carbon1224:

How much are they selling it per bag be sincere

25kg Mama Pride was sold at about 9000 last time I saw it in Spar. They also have Big Bull. It could be cheaper outside but one risks buying rebagged expired rice. sad
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by delpee(f): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2019
taneez:
I am just seeing this now.
Thanks. There is a kind of odour the Nigerian rice have when it is cooked.
I eat rice once in 10days now. I will try Mama pride

You can also try Elephant rice by Elephant group. Their office is in Ikeja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obasanjo's First Wife Wrote A Book About Him / General Obasanjo Swearing In Col. Buhari As Petroleum Minister 1976 (Throwback) / FFK: WHO, Gates, Bunch Of Confused Clowns, Sociopathic Fools, Psychopatic Idiots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.