Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets (37282 Views)

Bandits Now Rule My Constituency – Sokoto Lawmaker / 'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2019
ajl:

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. So, its washing of rice that remove stones? Olodo, is it not simply allowing the stones to settle at the bottom while you scoop the rice at the top. You are lieing anyway. I am sure you are not even living in Nigeria.
imagine allowing stones to settle at the bottom , when is the Nigeria rice going to be good without stones in it. The processed imported ones doesn't have stones. Some Nigeria own too doesn't have stones .
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by 9jahotblog: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2019
GreenArrow1:

Read my previous response on this post.
alot of nairalanders have complained bitterly on finding stones in their various Nigeria rice they bought in the market.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hightempo(m): 11:01am On Oct 15, 2019
Wantedmiller:
To be sincere...... Is a nice idea locking down the land boarders.....

But in the real Sense, how will local man feed?

December is fast approaching..... A time everything increases, can a local man be able to afford a bag of rice?

This a very big opportunity for the people in the market.......even if they buy at a lower rate they will definitely increase the price.

Government should help regulate the price.......if at all this thing will work!
. This to me is not a solution and what is the essence of embarking on a journey only to turn in a midway. No Nation in the world can grow without encouraging its locally made product, but to grow our economy locally we need basic infrastructure which is not readily available as far as Nigeria is concerned. The policy is good but not timing, how do you justify buying locally made rice 18k per 50kg. This will aggravate more hardship on the citizens. The foundation upon which this policy is made is erroneous and mark my word it won't last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by tot(f): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
liar maybe u re eating unprocessed rice from your village. Local rice re processed by milling machine and it doesn't have any stones.

Appendicitis symptoms will increase tremendously in your family.

grin grin the guy has been crying all morning.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by GreenArrow1(m): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
alot of nairalanders have complained bitterly on finding stones in their various Nigeria rice they bought in the market.

Then those nairaland person like yourself are not well informed about the different varieties of Nigerian rice available in the market. Anybody who falsely accuses our local stone-free rice brands milled by foreign and Nigerian major rice producers who have setup their highly modernized and mechanized rice processing factories in various parts of the country of poor standards is just a bare-faced liar or an ignorant loon.
ALL the brands mentioned in this article DO NOT contain stones. Period!

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by ORIENTATION101: 11:06am On Oct 15, 2019
tot:

grin grin the guy has been crying all morning.
the thing tire me ogringrin
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Area4Area: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Can you please tell us the brand of local rice you bought and is filled with stones, let Nigerians all over the country examine your case

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by DemigodZeus147(m): 11:09am On Oct 15, 2019
etrouble:
I think for the first time in the history of this Buhari's administration, everyone who has even just a little sense is in support of Buhari. Though Biafran Flattinos have sworn by the graves of Emeka Ojukwu and Chinua Achebe that they will never see anything good in Buhari, these same Flattinos are in support of this policy of border closure. What this implies is that Biafran Flattinos may not really hate Buhari, may it is his policies that they hate. But then, criticism is not the same as revolting, cursing and abusing our dear Buhari. Let's criticise government responsibly and work together to move Nigeria forward.

But, wait oooo, did I just type that shit up there?

Yes, you did Puto! shocked
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by kinguwem: 11:10am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .
Wrong notion. Appendicitis is not caused by stones in rice but commonly by fecoliths, helminths & infections.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by tot(f): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
etrouble:
I think for the first time in the history of this Buhari's administration, everyone who has even just a little sense is in support of Buhari. Though Biafran Flattinos have sworn by the graves of Emeka Ojukwu and Chinua Achebe that they will never see anything good in Buhari, these same Flattinos are in support of this policy of border closure. What this implies is that Biafran Flattinos may not really hate Buhari, may it is his policies that they hate. But then, criticism is not the same as revolting, cursing and abusing our dear Buhari. Let's criticise government responsibly and work together to move Nigeria forward.

But, wait oooo, did I just type that shit up there?
[/s]
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Mcreloaded(m): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2019
Been eating local rice as far back as early 80s till date though i miss ekpoma rice been over 30 years i left Edo state though it was called Bendel state.
Wish i can get Empoma rice here in Abuja because i hear it is free of stones now and quite expensive but the. I dont mind because the rice is really sweet.

Please hope the rice is still in the market because i have never heard of this particular rice like other states are show casing their state owned rice.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by EvenBlogger: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2019
Lol Sermons preachers will be wondering why.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Possiblefact(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2019
so this is what Nigeria need abi, what we are surpose to enjoy is now going to be causing a lot of pain in many home too bad
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Successlane: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2019
I specifically demand for local rice when I enter shop to buy,

so that one no concern me, it only affects those crazy for foreign rice.

If they like, let them put the price at 200k,; ko kan mi, ; baruwana ; e no konsine me.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by naijadrivablog: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2019
What is the pricing like for local rice
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by DeRay98(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2019
mistacoco2:
Immediately the boarder was closed, our greedy farmers increase the prices of local rice almost double of initial price. imagine a mudu of local rice is #600 in Niger state
Exactly, you can the problem with us!
Greed everywhere, yet we complain of "govt not doing anything" but once govt takes a step for our collective benefits some hijact for themselves and exploit others.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by lakesider(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=9jahotblog post=83153811] alot of nairalanders have complained bitterly on finding stones in their various Nigeria rice they bought in the market. [/quote

Let's eat it like that, soon we lll have investors investing in technology that will make it better..

And more work will be created for you and your family instead of relying on politicians money
Profit drives innovation

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Emmasnoop(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Why is the so called local rice is also the same price with the foriegn rice Why? Nigeria they kill Nigerians, waitin man do man 4 this country.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2019
lakesider:
let's eat it like that

Its inedible, chewing on stones and chaff instead of rice.

Nigerians should not suffer this much because of ignorance.

Besides the stone rice is cheaper than the properly cleaned one and possibly more easily available in areas. The cleaning is left to the consumer, so you have to do it well.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by DeRay98(m): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2019
AshipaEk0:
When you produce your rice, I will wait to see which country will allow you to export to their country.

Shebi na only una Waka come
Feeding the mouths of 200millions of people locally is good for the economy.
Farmers will employ more joblessness people, more people will return to the farm as new business opportunities arise from there.
That's what made our economy and currency strong post independence till the mid 80s when politicians turned to the express money from oil and abandoned Agro economy.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by hollowpot15684(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .

Oga chew your rice before you swallow.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2019
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by nlPoster: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2019
hollowpot15684:

Oga chew your rice before you swallow.

You cant chew stones nah?

What am I missing here?
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by DeRay98(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2019
Area4Area:
I was about replying him but felt it's of no use, so Coscharis, Josan rice and other mills in Anambra all have people close to power, same for rice mills and farmers in Ogun, Ebonyi, Niger, Kebbi, Katsina, Kano etc all have people close to power?
Some people and their reasoning can really scare the devil

As long as it boost local economy it's not bad at all after all, we can't stop them from looting govt funds but if they invest it in the economy we'll all benefit from it instead of them staching it in foreign countries and draining ours.
As long as they're no longer importing rice, local mills will employ more joblessness people and with time the competition among them 'll cause price to drop.
Direct and indirect employment comes with local production.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by Sesughray: 11:54am On Oct 15, 2019
If the advantages of the border closure will , perpetually and continously outweigh the disadvantages, economically, spiritually, psychologically, sociologically and otherwise, then i am all the way in.
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by King44(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2019
The gvt should put some policies in place to regulate the price before hunger for rice kill us, very good policy but in the street now rice is gold e don begin affect me to buy rice na ehn dey fear me
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:

Shot up your mouth Mr man
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by adenigga(m): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
Wantedmiller:
To be sincere...... Is a nice idea locking down the land boarders.....

But in the real Sense, how will local man feed?

December is fast approaching..... A time everything increases, can a local man be able to afford a bag of rice?

This a very big opportunity for the people in the market.......even if they buy at a lower rate they will definitely increase the price.

Government should help regulate the price.......if at all this thing will work!

I respect your view on the matter. As you said, government can alleviate that pains.

But let us also remember that,

NO PAINS NO GAINS!!!

It shall be well!
Re: Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets by umarsule885(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
post=83152142:

Wow! shocked
babba surprise when he saw the name....LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Magu Released After 10 Days In Detention / Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas Dies At 82 / Obasanjo's First Wife Wrote A Book About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.