Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush (54987 Views)

Subsidy Removal Hit Petrol Smugglers In Kusari Border Town (Video) / Ondo People Have Abandoned Their Farms To Avoid Being Killed By Fulani Herdsmen / Border Closure: Smugglers Devise New Methods To Beat Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:45am On Oct 15, 2019
Seetto:

My brother I tire o, before I chop two spoons, I don crack three stones, I am beginning to hate eating rice..
the same thing happened to me yesterday and this morning.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2019
skedman:

And you want one dollar to one naira without producing or feeding yourself
we have been feeding ourselves for ages please.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2019
tech18:
which stone ?

Where did you buy it from ?

There are very good ones
Stallion
Umza
Wacot
Labana
And lots more
I don't buy my own rice in bags but in congos. The ones in the market are full of Stones.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2019
tweakdude1:

Dude must you eat rice cant you drink Ogi & Agege bread
it won't give our body much strength.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by kutashi: 10:47am On Oct 15, 2019
helinues:

Are you an ABC bloggers?

Did Gej had the balls to close the border?
Even he can't declared Ask rock gate closed. U are now talking of Nigerian border but may be if Oga madams Say so!
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
WorWorBoy2:
Are you normal?
I'm normal and healthy .
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by achikolo(f): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

You sabi the place ?

Abeg go help us close am.
[/s]
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by achikolo(f): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Grammar.

Upon all the grammar, you hid under the cryptic term of fundamentals.

What are they?

[/s]
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by tmanuelle(m): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .

Not the one I eat, buy a good one and stop ranting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2019
salam8528:
my guy its a big lie come to the right place u will see clean stone free rice which is not preserved with chemicals.
which right place again. I purchased mine in the market, so tell me which right place again .
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:50am On Oct 15, 2019
tmanuelle:

Not the one I eat, buy a good one and stop ranting.
I bought the same rice in the market , now tell me which one is good and bad.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2019
kevotek1000:
The closure of border have exposed us to the reality that Nigeria is not self sufficient in the production of Rice. 9ja rice no fresh @ all brown and dirty...

This is my humble contributions to solve the problem... Let d govt open d border once more so that we can import more rice and stock them then close it again. We go dey manage d one wey we import until Una find solutions.
100% solutions .
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2019
KAM3KAZI:

Have you heard of anambra rice??
There are little to absolutely no stones in it
people may not experienced anambra rice from other regions.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by dederocs(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Even the so called Nigeria rice are all full of Stones. They never improve on their production yield but can enforced total shut down on our land borders. The rate of appendicitis symptoms will increased tremendously in our various hospitals for this stones and tares in the rice. Very bad .
I see you in every rice thread...do you sell imported rice. Not all local rice have stones...stop spreading lies. This policy is good for our economy,we can grow all the rice we need. Nigeria have no business importing food.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:54am On Oct 15, 2019
dederocs:

I see you in every rice thread...do you sell imported rice. Not all local rice have stones...stop spreading lies. This policy is good for our economy,we can grow all the rice we need. Nigeria have no business importing food.
I don't sell imported rice please. I have bought the Nigeria grown rice twice now but it all dirty with tares and full of Stones.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by cyrilamx(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2019
kevotek1000:
The closure of border have exposed us to the reality that Nigeria is not self sufficient in the production of Rice. 9ja rice no fresh @ all brown and dirty...

This is my humble contributions to solve the problem... Let d govt open d border once more so that we can import more rice and stock them then close it again. We go dey manage d one wey we import until Una find solutions.
"import more rice and stock them" hmmm with the greedy profiteering marketers we have you think u can afford it? China and India became food self sufficient by closing their borders for 20yrs. It was pain at the beginning, now they re reaping the reward of that painful decision. Nigerians are no different from children of Israel in terms of complaints...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by dederocs(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
I don't sell imported rice please. I have bought the Nigeria grown rice twice now but it all dirty with tares and full of Stones.
There are lots of brands, I buy Ofada rice in the local market in the island, it's stone free, other processed types as well, stop sounding like a saboteur or an enemy of progress...if you know about economics and how importing of food affects the value of our currency, you will support this policy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by Jimi24: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
Seriously this is unfair from buhari government . Gej didn't do this length , still the Nigeria economy was pretty good.

Wasted generation. It was GEJ who destroyed the economy. Unfortunately some Nigerians too dumb to understand how

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:57am On Oct 15, 2019
Realdeals:

Who are they? are you immune from investing in the sector? destoning the rice could just be a business opportunity for you.......those farming and processing the rice are Nigerians like you nothing.
they should improve more on processing industry .
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by 9jahotblog: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2019
Jimi24:

Wasted generation. It was GEJ who destroyed the economy. Unfortunately some Nigerians too dumb to understand how
I hope you know the current afdp president was minister of agriculture under Gej. Nigeria rice farmers growed rice locally then.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by Commentor: 11:07am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
I don't buy my own rice in bags but in congos. The ones in the market are full of Stones.

You are a big boy abi?
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by Commentor: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
I hope you know the current afdp president was minister of agriculture under Gej. Nigeria rice farmers growed rice locally then.

As soon as he left the rice started having stones right?

1 Like

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by EvenBlogger: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2019
Sermons Everywhere , the custom officer will still go home and chop rice.
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by mechanics(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2019
They meant business o.

1 Like

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by olajide8(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2019
Citytrend:
Its well

We are a country filled with fraud at all levels we produce rice export it and go back and import the rice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by Realdeals(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
they should improve more on processing industry .

Who are they? the problem is that we like shifting responsibility. if you see issues take it up and work on it, if you are a technologist develop a destoning machine, if you can't, support those working on it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by dibjay: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2019
In the north way them they smuggle petroleum products for their border how many have they closed
Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by tech18: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2019
pocohantas:

I never knew Stallion is local!
That rice is fineeee
It is Local oo

1 Like

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by Depressed101: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
patients, Rome wasn't built in one day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by adenigga(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:

Seriously I'm not against your opinion, but when are we going to get there, where excessive desire for imported goods @ the detriment of our own reign supreme.

It has reached an alarming rate to the extent that we craves for anything imported e.g. Brazilian hair, Brazilian yansh (boot pad), religions, even ordinary tooth picks!

My brother, somebody needs to spearhead the moves to return sanity into our society.

As for the local rice, Rome was not built in a day, we will get there. Meanwhile, imported Asian rice is still in the markets for those that can afford it. The importers passed through our seaports now & pay the necessary duty fees & this might be responsible for his higher price now.

Before, all these customs duties, clearance payments go to Benin republic & they don't grow rice for exports over there, they import from Asia, so, they are now sidelining Nigeria by the activities of smugglers who always evade payments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by olagbola45(m): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2019
9jahotblog:
the same thing happened to me yesterday and this morning.

it a lie I just ate it dis morning and no stone if you chewing stone continue or eat another food biko we will close it forever and nothing you guys will do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush by ekaromail: 11:32am On Oct 15, 2019
M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amina Zakari Acting INEC Chairman (photo) / Photo Of Fela In Bandages After Severe Beating By Army / See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.