Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force (19598 Views)

May 29: Remove Your Aircraft From Abuja Airport, FAAN Orders Airlines / F16 vs JF17, Nigeria latest military fleets / More Helicopter Gunships, Fighter Aircraft Deployed To Zamfara State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by MrMicholo(m): 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jimi24:

J-17 please. No such aircraft as J-70.
My brother ehhh.. I was confused oo
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ukalu381:

But China and Saudi Arabia also produce F-15 fighter jets
China doesn't product F-15 jets, they have the J15 which is a similar role fighter as the US' F15. Saudi Arabie also doesn't produce, they buy from the US. They only signed a contract with Boeing to provide engineering services for the F-15s they bought from the US. The US regulate everything about their jets and most of the times, they can outrightly refuse to sell to you (like they did during Jonathan's tenure). They can even prevent other countries who bought from them from selling to you.
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2019
nrexzy:

Better inflated than a high amount taken wit no evidence....

True, but that goes to show you we've been defeated by our leaders. As long as we see something, no matter the cost, we're ok
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by nrexzy: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

True, but that goes to show you we've been defeated by our leaders. As long as we see something, no matter the cost, we're ok

We can't fight em ooo....
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by noisy45(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
JF 17 is Chinese made fighter jet so I naija can't buy from China but from pakistan grin
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by Legendguru: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
Oh
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by heendrix(m): 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
selling old craft to us and we dey happy....if we acquire the more advance and sophistcated F-15_Eagle or the F--16 Fighter n.a. bad thing?

Lol who will sell F-16 to us? you mean the US?

nah bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by Efuaye(m): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
Why Pakistan?
Na waooo!
I thought they said Jonathan was the reason the West weren't selling to us
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by 2rez: 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Why make it known to your enemies Why loud it? Why?
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by teejoyz: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

The US refused to sell these aircraft to us during Jonathan's tenure.
We have foolish people in power. If they were wise, they should've faced Russia
atleast we should ve bargain with Russia to sell to us SU 20 or even SU 35
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by godofuck231: 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
I think this person meant jf 17 (joint fighter 17) code name fierce dragon
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:45am On Oct 16, 2019
teejoyz:
atleast we should ve bargain with Russia to sell to us SU 20 or even SU 35
Exactly my point. Just 10 SU-35 would've given our air force an edge in Africa, but we dont have wise leaders
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by Coolgent(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Wasted effort cos they cant use it judiciously.
There is air force based, Police Headquarters, DSS, SARS, NCSDC, 2 army facilities in my state but Fulani kidnappers are terrorizing the entire state.
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by Ukalu381(m): 11:53am On Oct 16, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

China doesn't product F-15 jets, they have the J15 which is a similar role fighter as the US' F15. Saudi Arabie also doesn't produce, they buy from the US. They only signed a contract with Boeing to provide engineering services for the F-15s they bought from the US. The US regulate everything about their jets and most of the times, they can outrightly refuse to sell to you (like they did during Jonathan's tenure). They can even prevent other countries who bought from them from selling to you.

Check online and see it yourself Saudi Arabia's F-15 jet has extended missile carriage about four but the US is only two
I was shocked to see this myself
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ukalu381:

Check online and see it yourself Saudi Arabia's F-15 jet has extended missile carriage about four but the US is only two
I was shocked to see this myself
I'm not saying they can't improve, I said they buy. Also, you know fighter jets can be fitted with additional equipment on the hardpoints of their frames depending on the roles they're going to perform. The original F15 was designed for air superiority and to handle air to air targets, but with improvements they're now used as multi-role fighters.
I guess the Saudi one you can fits into this category.
Let me guess, it's payload was 2 big missiles and 4 smaller ones, right?
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by Ukalu381(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
Let me guess, it's payload was 2 big missiles and 4 smaller ones, right?[/quote]

Nope it's all 6 big missiles
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by Ukalu381(m): 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

I'm not saying they can't improve, I said they buy. Also, you know fighter jets can be fitted with additional equipment on the hardpoints of their frames depending on the roles they're going to perform. The original F15 was designed for air superiority and to handle air to air targets, but with improvements they're now used as multi-role fighters.
I guess the Saudi one you can fits into this category.
Let me guess, it's payload was 2 big missiles and 4 smaller ones, right?

Nope big missiles In all
Re: Nigeria Air Force To Get 3 JF17 Fighter Aircraft From Pakistani Air Force by seanjy4konji: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2019
4th hand jets

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hoodlums Invade Atiku Rally, Supporters Injured / Bishop Ugokwe Ugochukwu Hails Joe Igbokwe For Contributing To Church Project / Tinubu Renews Confidence On The Integrity Of Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.