Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today (25146 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's 44th Birthday Is Today / Fela Kuti's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today. See Throwback Photos / Fela Kuti's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today. Post Your Favourite Lyrics, Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Queseda: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2019
Fela is an enigma, he's a movement, he transcends music. Fela during his days, was the wealthiest musician in the whole of Africa. He formed his own political party - MOP(Movement of the People) to challenge the ruling class. He was one of the first African musicians to have his works on Compact Disc. He was far ahead of his generation....his style of music is so unique, the beats gives me goose pimples.
He's the greatest African musician of all times

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:23am On Oct 15, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

It is possible he doesn't know...

Me, if someone mentions the name 'Rex Lawson'...all I might be able to say is 'He passed on in 1971, he was a highlife musician'. Mention his songs...blank.

As for I.K Dairo...all I might be able to say is that 'He was a highlife musician, and the father of Paul Play Dairo.' Mention his songs...blank.
You are absolutely right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Chu2k2: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2019
Afobear:
Overrated afonja drug addict ....like Fela like Naira marley
Las las, u are a bastard...
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by witworth(m): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2019
Officialgarri:
The most fearless activist we have ever had in the history of Nigeria.

I would say Fela's activism is aided by some sort of madness, but that is what made him better.

He never ran away from a fight. Always waiting to see what will happen because he had death in his pocket.

I sometimes envy his family. Funmilayo Kuti, Beko Kuti, koye and Wole Soyinka. They had greatness born with them in that family and Ogun state as a whole
u too like talk, nobody asked u. u can talk o.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Elton01(m): 10:32am On Oct 15, 2019
Ejà Nla fela kuti
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Blessings4me(m): 10:36am On Oct 15, 2019
"Don't worry about my yansh ooo...I dey use water to clean my yansh wen I shit finish"
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by juman(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2019
Great fela kuti.
Baba seventy.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by DennisEche(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2019
his spirit is unlike of afonja, Fearless
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by juman(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2019
Everybody from kuti family are heroes.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by achikolo(f): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
post=83152776:
You are absolutely right.
[/s]
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Amudeneogu: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2019
In his days, when he sang in his music Nigeria Jaga-Jaga, African Jaga-Jaga etc everybody disregarded him, now what is happing in the continent?. The man is a hero.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by EvenBlogger: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2019
Fela is the Real Preacher unlike , Nowadays Sermons preachers that call themselves musicians.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2019
The greatest Nigerian so far.... Weed on fela.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by davidadenrele: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2019
What!! who am seeing here looking in the pic backwards Seun Kuti himself while he was a toddler.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by shogsman(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2019
his stage performance was electrifying.

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by shogsman(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2019
Amudeneogu:
In his days, when he sang in his music Nigeria Jaga-Jaga, African Jaga-Jaga etc everybody disregarded him, now what is happing in the continent?. The man is a hero.
That was idris Abdul Kareem not Fela.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by SouthSouth1914: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2019
Afobear:

Call your mum oloshi

I’d rather not involve your mum. But her son is surely a permanent birdbrain
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by suremossty(m): 11:36am On Oct 15, 2019
mywells:
The FELA family is only good thing that has come out of Ogun state till date,aside that any other things from Ogun state is rubbished and clueless.
ur brain dey pain u... What about pa obafemi awolowo,professor wole Soyinka,MKO Abiola even my homie was a legend too dagrin barrack o grin...

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by PrincewithGod(m): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2019
post=83151423:
F or

E ver

L ives

A nikulapo
Jesus is calling you today!
Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many
will seek to enter and will not be able.
Jesus is the way to eternal life; no one comes
to the Father, but by Him.
Repent and accept Jesus today as your
personal Lord and saviour; He will keep you
safe when every other thing fails.
It is very important to make this all important
decision today, and if you have already
accepted Jesus into your life, continue to
follow Jesus all the way.
He will shepherd you so that you find pasture in this life, and also
in the life to come.
- Copied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by useurkidney3121: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
BlackfireX:
Who is he?
Ask ur fada if he's still alive. He will be in best position to give u answer but u can ask any of ur uncles if he's late
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by useurkidney3121: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
Happy posthumous birthday to d Legend. Ekun oko Buhari "animal in human skin"
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by dontbothermuch: 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Rest on baba
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Impregnablefolk: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
kevotek1000:
His intentions to have a better Nigeria was awesome but his Lifestyle hmm. All d same he is a Legend that Nigerians will forever hold in high regard... Fela kuti lives on.
That's what it means 2b extraordinary!
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by BOBAN2710: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
na copy copy go kill africa people.
must we always copy oyinbo style ni. how does posthumous birthday make any sense.

my opinion thoe.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by VillageHead: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
Fearless indeed!

Pesin wey dey find trouble no sabi who pass am?

He attacked virtually all the past presidents and heads of state.

Why didn't Baba attack Abacha overtly or covertly?

Abacha for hide or snuff life out of him.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by steve6: 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
Always looking out for the interest of Africa ! Kudos Baba 70!
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Burgerlomo: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
RIP the Legend cool
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Silas6(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=Yankiss post=83151420]Fela Kuti, a great musical icon that used his music to challenge irresponsible leadership. Today, music in Nigeria is all about pleasure and kowtow. The radical Fela spirit has been abandoned. The like of Fela Kuti, Gani Fawehinmi, etc rescued Nigeria from shackles of military predation. Today, no one is ready to sacrifice their comfort for the general good.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by nonix22(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
I see Seun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Parades Two New Cars & Builds A Clothing Mall / Moet Abebe Poses For Ghana Photoshoot In Swimsuit / Skiibii Buys New Mercedes Benz (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.