Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,166 members, 7,845,833 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today (25168 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's 44th Birthday Is Today / Fela Kuti's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today. See Throwback Photos / Fela Kuti's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today. Post Your Favourite Lyrics, Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by bikefab(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
Africa's greatest prophet.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2019
lalasticlala:
The Legend, Fela Kuti Turns 81 today (Posthumous Birthday)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fela_Kuti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtiAnjtYdwo

Hmmm...@sencond pics that year he was brought to Ikoyi prison i was still very small then. Didnt really understand what was happening but we heard fela was around so everybody rushed to see him. See different women with white chalks all over their body smoking recklessly outside Ikoyi prison gates.
Memories...
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by FESON(m): 7:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
baba 70's,ur songs where visions in Nigeria n they happening.corruption, kidnapping of school children, international thief thief(ITT)condition break bone (cbb)suffering n smiling, yellow fever nkor,e dey,Lassa fever nkor e dey,u dey breach oh,u dey breach.animal in human skin,animal wear agbada,animal put tie n suit,pastors dem dey do bad bad things through Jesus Christ our lord,imams na same thing. n lot more.even though u re gone,ur song remains fresh in heart,we love u ,we miss u God love u most.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by FESON(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Hmmm...@sencond pics that year he was brought to Ikoyi prison i was still very small then. Didnt really understand what was happening but we heard fela was around so everybody rushed to see him. See different women with white chalks all over their body smoking recklessly outside Ikoyi prison gates.
Memories...
,they jailed u for nothing n we know,u nor do nothing
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
FESON:
,they jailed u for nothing n we know,u nor do nothing

Who is this retard?

Anyways ive noticed you. O? So chilax now that you've gained the attention you needed.
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
Officialgarri:
The most fearless activist we have ever had in the history of Nigeria.

I would say Fela's activism is aided by some sort of madness, but that is what made him better.

He never ran away from a fight. Always waiting to see what will happen because he had death in his pocket.

I sometimes envy his family. Funmilayo Kuti, Beko Kuti, koye and Wole Soyinka. They had greatness born with them in that family and Ogun state as a whole

I seem to recall the soyinkas were friends but not related to the kutis. Or maybe I am remembering ake wrong
Re: Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Officialgarri: 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2019
ornicus:

I seem to recall the soyinkas were friends but not related to the kutis. Or maybe I am remembering ake wrong
Perhaps, you didn't understand the book too well. They are related and it was indeed narrated in different incidents in the book.

These is only 2 of about 4 occasions he tried to explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tboss: Davido Is Not Supposed To Arrest Anybody Or Teach Anyone A Lesson / Kemi Olunloyo: “Marriage Is A Scam, Thank God I Have Never Been Married” / Abuja Couples Celebrate At Couple's Dinner With Chuks De General Featuring Arts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.