Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? (903 Views)

Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? by sewhenu(m): 11:33pm On May 20, 2007
I look around and see that religion is a major force in the life of most people,its a thing people find solace in when disturbed,most people are either christians,buhdist,taoist or muslims,looking at our world today,religion has played several roles in most major issues worldwide,what positive impact do you think these religious leaders Jesus/Muhammed did for our world and where did you think they went wrong?Some conduct violence in the name of religion,is it justifiable or is it just a case of mental illness?I do not want biased response
Re: Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? by naijacutee(f): 2:45am On May 21, 2007
I smell a strong brew coming up but I've learnt to avoid traps like these. . . Religion/Spirituality is not a court debate.
Re: Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? by thesilent1(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2007
i suppose we can find historical evidence of "positive" and "negative" influences on history by ALL religions.

and that is ALL i am saying on the matter!!!!!! LOL

Peace!
Re: Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? by TellyB(m): 8:45pm On May 25, 2007
This was supposed to be a round table discussion between Christians and Muslims. There should be no fear in evaluating the contributions of either Jesus and/or Muhammad on our way of life.

Muslims can appreciate Muhammad's contributions to their way of life in terms of the many certain issues that Islam has brought to those who embrace that religion. What are they? This is where Muslims should help highlight them.

Christians can well appreciate the areas in their lives that they feel that Jesus Christ has deeply impacted them. Peace and confident trust in God? The blessed promises - salvation that saves us without the idea of going to hell? What really is it?

This should be an interesting thread.  smiley
Re: Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? by dinnerm(f): 10:55pm On May 25, 2007
guess this is dangerous,well,i can only talk about Jesus,he brought salvation to us and reconciled us back to God to deliver us from hell.
Re: Jesus Or Muhammed? Which Has Influenced More Positively Our Way Of Life Today? by TellyB(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2007
Amen.

May I add: it is not a dangerous topic. People always think first of the "dangers" before they read a topic. This should not be the first thing on our minds when reading issues.

I would also say: the love of Jesus Christ, the honour accorded Him in many other religions, the coherence of His words, life and ministry - these have deeply impacted my spiritual life in a way that I haven't read of in anyone else. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Remembering September 11 / The Nature And Work Of The Holy Spirit / The Implication Of His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.