Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed (13668 Views)

The Error Of Daddy Freeze . / Muslims Ordered To Hand Over All Copies Of The Quran Or Face Punishment / Quran Or The Bible, Which Condones Taqiyya(deception) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Ayomivic(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
All Muslims believed Bible had been corrupted because that was what some verses of Quran and hadith says. Quran 2:75-79, 3:78, 6:91
Muslims also believed that Quran is perfect and free of error because it was Allah himself that wrote Quran or brought down the Quran to Muhammad. But what can we say ,if an error is found in Quran? Who can we say made that error, is it Allah that gave the Quran to Muhammed ?or angel Jubril (Gabriel) that revealed the revealation to Muhammed?Or Muhammed himself? or those that compiled or wrote down the Quran? These are the questions we would have to ask ourselve after reading this write up.

I used to say that, the Jewish's book and Christian's Bible are one of the means to check the authenticity and accuracy of Quran but when the Quran said the Bible had been corrupted, is that not away of cancel an evidence of proof.

Here, we want to see which book had been corrupted between the Bible and Quran. The Questions i am going to ask and stil provide the answers to according to both book is,

" Was Mary the Mother of Jesus a sister of Aron and ? Who is Mary father?

It is obvious that the Bible does not give the female genealogy, so the gosple that told the story of Mary does not made mention of Mary's father or brothers

What does quran says about these questions?

" Behold ! A wife of Imran said " O my Lord i do dedicate into thee what is in my womb for special service, so accept this of me: for thou hearest and knoweth all things
when she was deliver ,she said " O my Lord! Behold i am deliever of a female child: and Allah knew best what she brought forth- and no wise is the male like female. I have named her Mary, and i commend her and her offspring to thy protection from the Satan the rejected ( Family of Imran 4: 35-36)

"at length, she brought the (babe) to her people carring him in her arm ,they said " O Mary truly a strange has thou brought
O sister of Aaron ! The father was not the man of Evil, nor thy mother the woman unchaste! " ( family of Imran 3 :27-28)

from the Quran verses above Mary's was Brother of Aaron and her father's name is Imran.

Are these Quran verses above accurate?

Let check the Old testament if anything has to do with this
ok, look at this

" And Miriam the prophet the sister of Aaron took a trimbrel in her hand and all the women went after her with timbrels and
dance" Exodus 15:20

" And the name of Amram's wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi,whom her mother bear to Levi in Egypt and bare unto Amram Aaron ,Moses and Miriam their sister. Number 26-59

" The children of Amram, Aron, Moses and Miriam, the son of Aron Nadab, Abihu,Eleazar, and Ithamar 1 Chronicle 6:3 "

From the Bible verses above we can see that truly Aaron had a sister called Miriam not Mary

in conclusion, the years distance between Aaron and Mary Mother of Jesus is so long so, Mary cannot be Aaron sister.Muhammed was mistook the Miriam Aaron and Moses's sister as Mary Mother of Jesus for this reason, Muhammed was wrong and Quran is not accurate. Definitly, it is Quran that is corrupted and written by man without inspiration from God. It was Muhammed that distorted the Bible

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by mustymatic(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
OK lipsrsealed
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by heayey(m): 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
U say wah?..i think u need a lot of attention cos u dnt knw wat u r saying...Almighty Allah will forgive u.

1 Like

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by kestolove95(m): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
So what ar u saying?
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Demmzy15(m): 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
Your first sentence is wrong, so therefore the article is nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by abduljabbar4(m): 12:16am On Aug 08, 2015
Im intrested in the arguement but unfortunately i dont understand what you are saying @ all

1 Like

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 1:04am On Aug 08, 2015
The write up alone bores me!!! The Qur'an is accurately accurate, perfectly perfect and completely complete !!!... However, if the bible was not edited, why do we have different versions King James version is a good example of one of the versions, new international version is another.... The contradictions in the bible is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf!! You guys claim to have holy trinity right?? (Father, Son and Holy spirit))..... But Deut 6 vs 4 says something else... Let me quote....... "The Lord our God is one Lord; or The Lord is our God, the Lord is one; or The Lord is our God, the Lord alone"..... Another one is Mark 12 vs 29.... "“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one"..... How can you reconcile that..... Another one is Matt 28 vs 19 and I quote.... "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT"..... How can you defend this as well?........

2 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by plainbibletruth: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2015
1. The Mary of the Quran is not the Mary of the Bible. 
2. The Quran says its Mary was the sister if Aaron the brother of Moses. 
3. This places that Mary about 1,600 before Mary the mother of Jesus was born!
4. The writer of the Quran confused 'Miriam' or 'Mariam' of Aaron's time with the 'Mary' of Jesus whose name can also be called 'Mariam'. 
5. That is clearly how the mix-up came about. 
6. This is one of the very many areas in the Quran that punctures its claim of divine authorship. 
7. Muslims who cannot explain this resort to pointing out non-existent "contradictions" in the Bible rather than honestly face the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by adullam210: 9:13am On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
The write up alone bores me!!! The Qur'an is accurately accurate, perfectly perfect and completely complete !!!... However, if the bible was not edited, why do we have different versions King James version is a good example of one of the versions, new international version is another.... The contradictions in the bible is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf!! You guys claim to have holy trinity right?? (Father, Son and Holy spirit))..... But Deut 6 vs 4 says something else... Let me quote....... "The Lord our God is one Lord; or The Lord is our God, the Lord is one; or The Lord is our God, the Lord alone"..... Another one is Mark 12 vs 29.... "“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one"..... How can you reconcile that..... Another one is Matt 28 vs 19 and I quote.... "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT"..... How can you defend this as well?........
Is that how to refute a claim? Explain why miriam and Mary got mixed up in the quran, and stop the attempt to cover up allah or muhamad' s mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by malvisguy212: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Im intrested in the arguement but unfortunately i dont understand what you are saying @ all
"The name of Amram's wife was Jochebed the daughter of Levi, who
was born to Levi in Egypt; and to
Amram she bore Aaron and Moses and
their sister Miriam."
Therefore, unless Mary was 1,500 years
old when she had Jesus - indeed, unless
Joseph married a 1,500 year old virgin -
Muhammad mistook two different
women in the Bible as the same.

4 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by malvisguy212: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Demmzy15:
Your first sentence is wrong, so therefore the article is nonsense!
how was the article "nonsense?"
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2015
adullam210:

Is that how to refute a claim? Explain why miriam and Mary got mixed up in the quran, and stop the attempt to cover up allah or muhamad' s mistakes.
............................................................................. NB: ALLAH is INFALLIBLE but the MUHAMMAD(SAW) is FALLIBLE because he was/is a human...... Now, to answer you sir. The question now is why the epithet “O SISTER OF AARON”? Well, Upon seeing Mary with a child, and having no knowledge of her having married anyone or being unchaste, her people exclaimed using the epithet yā ukhta harūn or “O sister of Aaron”. From the immediate context it is obvious this epithet was used to draw Mary's attention, which could mean the following things.

Firstly, it was to remind her of her similarity to Aaron in her piety and worship of God. Thus the statement becomes a reprimand to her having borne a child without being married, a shocking sin given her piety and the known righteousness of her immediate family and her ancestors................... Secondly, the epithet yā ukhta harūn or "O sister of Aaron" was also to remind Mary of her pious ancestor MIRIAM, the sister of Aaron (and Moses), who was given the title "prophetess" (EXODUS 15:20) and is highly regarded in the Hebrew Bible and rabbinical literature. She is mentioned in (MICAH 6:4) with Moses and Aaron as one of the three who led Israel out of Egypt. The rabbinical literature elaborates the biblical account where MIRIAM is portrayed as a person for whom God intervened. God honoured her by Himself officiating as the cohen to declare her definitely a leper and subsequently to declare her cleansed. Because she had waited for Moses by the river, the Israelites waited for her to recover. A miraculous well, created during the twilight on the eve of the first Sabbath, accompanied the Children of Israel in the desert due to her merits. Like Moses and Aaron, she too died by the kiss of God since the angel of death had no power over her.

Both these explanations have a support from a ḥadīth of Prophet Muḥammad(SAW). The Christians of Najran during the time of the Prophet raised a similar objection and it was answered by the Prophet(SAW). In Ṣaḥiḥ Muslim, a ḥadīth related by Mughirah ibn Shu‘bah [5326] says:

Mughirab. Shu‘ba reported: When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read "O sister of Harun(Aaron)" in the Qur'an, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: "The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the NAMES OF APOSTLES AND PIOUS PERSON§ WHO HAD GONE BEFORE THEM."

It is clear from this ḥadīth that the Prophet did not "CONFUSE" between the two Marys. He pointed out that people from earlier times gave names after the pious people who had gone before them.......... Furthermore, the Muslim exegetes have already disproved the alleged confusion of the two Marys using the above ḥadīth and the Qur'an itself.......... For example, BARBARA FREYER STOWASSER points out:

Mary's designation as "sister of Aaron" (and also "daughter of Amram"wink has led some non-Muslims to allege a Qur'anic "confusion" of Miriam (Maryam) the sister of Aaron and Moses with Mary (Maryam) the mother of Jesus. THIS CONTROVERSY IS VERY OLD..., AND REFUTATION OF THE ALLEGATION BY MUSLIM AUTHORITIES IS WELL- DOCUMENTED. According to the tafsir, Mary was addressed as "sister of Aaron" because the Qur'an is drawing a comparison, or because she did have a brother by that name.............................................................. Furthermore, Elsewhere, concerning the alleged contradiction of the two Marys, STOWASSER, quoting Ibn Kathir says:

......"This controversy is as old as the Muslim-Christian dialogue. The Prophet is said to have refuted similar arguments made by the Christians of Najran during his lifetime; "to confuse Mary the mother of Jesus with Mary the sister of Moses and Aaron in Torah is COMPLETELY WRONG and in contradiction to the sound Hadith and the Qur'anic text as we have established it in the Tafsir" (Isma'il ibn Umar Abu l-Fida Ibn Kathir, Qisas al-anbiya', ed. Mustafa Abd al-Wahid, vol. II [Dar al-kutub al-haditha, 1968] pp. 393-394.

Therefore, the epithet "O sister of Aaron" used by Mary's people when they saw a baby in her arms, was simply a reminder to her of the people like her who had gone before and were pious and chaste. Furthermore, the Qur'an, just like the New Testament, associates Mary, mother of Jesus, during the time of Zakariyya. This makes the case for "confusion" between the two Marys untenable.

....... Except you are indolent, bias or one-sided in the way you make your research, The Qur'an is devoid of mistakes; watch your tongue!!!..... God bless us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by plainbibletruth: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
............................................................................. NB: ALLAH is INFALLIBLE but the MUHAMMAD(SAW) is FALLIBLE because he was/is a human......
The question now is why the epithet “O SISTER OF AARON”?
From the immediate context it is obvious this epithet was used to draw Mary's attention, which could mean the following things.

Firstly, it was to remind her of her similarity to Aaron in her piety and worship of God. Thus the statement becomes a reprimand to her having borne a child without being married, a shocking sin given her
Secondly, the epithet yā ukhta harūn or "O sister of Aaron" was also to remind Mary of her pious ancestor MIRIAM, the sister of Aaron (and Moses), who was given the title "prophetess"

Both these explanations have a support from a ḥadīth of Prophet Muḥammad(SAW).

"The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the NAMES OF APOSTLES AND PIOUS PERSON§ WHO HAD GONE BEFORE

... God bless us all.

If it's so OBVIOUS there would be no need for the tonnes of Muslim 'explanations' on it, don't you think so?

How does "similarity to Aaron in her piety and worship of God" come in here and is not stated in any way?

And she's been reprimanded for a child that God himself gave her?

And she's also being reminded of her "pious ancestor MIRIAM, the sister of Aaron (and Moses)," and this is very OBVIOUS in the text?

Naming people after"APOSTLES AND PIOUS PERSON§ WHO HAD GONE BEFORE THEM."does not translate into calling them 'sister' of so and so does it?

This clearly shows how Muslims lump together so many varied things and in the end 'brainwash' themselves into accepting a position that even the Quran does not state. 

First, let's note these
- Aaron and Mary the mother of Jesus    were not contemporaries. 
- Mary was NOT from the same tribe as Aaron. 

Having said that let's proceed. 
The best description of Mary in relation to Aaron (if indeed it was not an error Mohammed made) would have been to address her as 'daughter' of Aaron, not 'sister'
     - like was pointed out earlier, they     did not live during the same period. 
     - The difference in time - centuries - should NOT ordinarily lend itself to her being seen as a 'sister' of her ancestor. 
     - If Mohammed said people used to do that he was wrong. In referring to relationship to predecessors they would rather say 'son' or 'daughter' of so and so, not 'brother' or 'sister' of their forebear. 

Another error Muslims make is to think that Mary the mother if Jesus was of the same tribe as Aaron. Her lineage was not from Aaron. Aaron was from the tribe of Levi. Mary was from the tribe of Judah. So Muslims CANNOT argue using same-tribe claim to say they could be addressed as brother and sister. 
Aaron and Mary are not from the same tribe.
     - Even if they were of the same tribe, the long span in generations between Aaron and Mary should have made her be addressed as his 'daughter' rather than sister. 

Imagine if the statement were "Mary sister of Adam" , simply because Adam was her forebear. What sense would that make?

All in all, it is clear that the Quran made a gross mistake here in erroneously stating that Mary the mother of Jesus was either directly related to Aaron or was a contemporary of his. 

8 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
plainbibletruth:

If it's so OBVIOUS there would no need for the tonnes of Muslim 'explanations' on it, don't you think so?

How does "similarity to Aaron in her piety and worship of God" come in here and is not stated in any way?

And she's been reprimanded for a child that God himself gave her?

And she's also being reminded of her "pious ancestor MIRIAM, the sister of Aaron (and Moses)," and this is very OBVIOUS in the text?

Naming people after"APOSTLES AND PIOUS PERSON§ WHO HAD GONE BEFORE THEM."does not translate into calling them 'sister' of so and so does it?

This clearly shows how Muslims lump together so many varied things and in the end 'brainwash' themselves into accepting a position that even the Quran does not state. 

First, let's note these
- Aaron and Mary the mother of Jesus    were not contemporaries. 
- Mary was NOT from the same tribe as Aaron. 

Having said that let's proceed. 
The best description of Mary in relation to Aaron (if indeed it was not an error Mohammed made) would have been to address her as 'daughter' of Aaron, not 'sister'
     - like was pointed out earlier, they     did not live during the same period. 
     - The difference in time - centuries - should NOT ordinarily lend itself to her being seen as a 'sister' of her ancestor. 
     - If Mohammed said people used to do that he was wrong. In referring to relationship to predecessors they would rather say 'son' or 'daughter' of so and so, not 'brother' or 'sister' of their forebear. 

Another error Muslims make is to think that Mary the mother if Jesus was of the same tribe as Aaron. Her lineage was not from Aaron. Aaron was from the tribe of Levi. Mary was from the tribe of Judah. So Muslims CANNOT argue using same-tribe claim to say they could be addressed as brother and sister. 
Aaron and Mary are not from the same tribe.
     - Even if they were of the same tribe, the long span in generations between Aaron and Mary should have made her be addressed as his 'daughter' rather than sister. 

Imagine if the statement were "Mary sister of Adam" , simply because Adam was her forebear. What sense would that make?

All in all, it is clear that the Quran made a gross mistake here in erroneously stating that Mary the mother of Jesus was either directly related to Aaron or was a contemporary of his. 
................. Its not a mandate you accept!!! You asked me to defend the "error" according to you and I did! I am not trying to convince you here, I did exactly what you asked me to do.................................................... The words "sister", "brother", "son" and "daughter" in Arabic usage have very wide connotations. On this basis itself, modern day Western scholarship has rejected the claim of "confusion" between the two Marys, i.e., Mary, mother of Jesus, and Miriam, sister of Moses and Aaron........................................................................... For example, A. J. Wensinck writing in the Encyclopaedia Of Islam says:

"Maryam is called a sister of Hārūn (sūra XIX, 29), and the use of these three names ‘Imrān, Hārūn and Maryam, has lead to the supposition that the Kur'ān does not clearly distinguished between the two Maryams, of the Old and the New Testaments. The Kur'ān names two families as being especially chosen: those of Ibrāhim and of ‘Imrān (sūra III, 32). It is the family of ‘Imrān, important because of Moses and Aaron, to which Maryam belongs. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ASSUME THAT THESE KINSHIP LINKS ARE TO INTERPRETED IN MODERN TERM. THE WORDS "SISTER" and "DAUGHTER", like their male counterparts, in Arabic usage can indicate extended kinship, descendance or spiritual affinity.................. This second ‘Imrān, together with Harun, can be taken as purely Kur'ānic...................... Muslim tradition is clear that there are eighteen centuries between the Biblical ‘Amram and the father of Maryam. ................................................................................................................................................................. The controversy surrounding the honorary epithet “Sister of Aaron” applied to Mary, mother of Jesus, in the Qur'an, has been a characteristic of Muslim-Christian dialogue from the very beginning of the Prophet’s mission. The Christians of Najran queried the use of this epithet, suggesting the Qur'an had confused Mary, mother of Jesus with Mary, sister of Aaron and Moses. This observation developed polemical overtones beginning in the 9th century in the form of Nicetas of Byzantium's trenchant criticisms and general Anti-Islam polemic.

Believing the Qur'an was simply a hodgepodge of Jewish and Christian texts, Western scholarship continued to transmit this alleged historical contradiction until recent times, where a balanced and fair look at the relevant texts shows no such anachronism exists. Though descriptions such as ‘Children of Adam’, ‘Children of Israel’, ‘mother of’ ‘brother of’, ‘sister of’, ‘son of’, etc., may presuppose direct physical consanguinity, they cannot in all instances be understood as such, without imposing a patently absurd, nonsensical understanding of the text...... May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by dolphinheart(m): 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
................. Its not a mandate you accept!!! You asked me to defend the "error" according to you and I did! I am not trying to convince you here, I did exactly what you asked me to do.................................................... The words "sister", "brother", "son" and "daughter" in Arabic usage have very wide connotations. On this basis itself, modern day Western scholarship has rejected the claim of "confusion" between the two Marys, i.e., Mary, mother of Jesus, and Miriam, sister of Moses and Aaron........................................................................... For example, A. J. Wensinck writing in the Encyclopaedia Of Islam says:

"Maryam is called a sister of Hārūn (sūra XIX, 29), and the use of these three names ‘Imrān, Hārūn and Maryam, has lead to the supposition that the Kur'ān does not clearly distinguished between the two Maryams, of the Old and the New Testaments. The Kur'ān names two families as being especially chosen: those of Ibrāhim and of ‘Imrān (sūra III, 32). It is the family of ‘Imrān, important because of Moses and Aaron, to which Maryam belongs. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ASSUME THAT THESE KINSHIP LINKS ARE TO INTERPRETED IN MODERN TERM. THE WORDS "SISTER" and "DAUGHTER", like their male counterparts, in Arabic usage can indicate extended kinship, descendance or spiritual affinity.................. This second ‘Imrān, together with Harun, can be taken as purely Kur'ānic...................... Muslim tradition is clear that there are eighteen centuries between the Biblical ‘Amram and the father of Maryam. ................................................................................................................................................................. The controversy surrounding the honorary epithet “Sister of Aaron” applied to Mary, mother of Jesus, in the Qur'an, has been a characteristic of Muslim-Christian dialogue from the very beginning of the Prophet’s mission. The Christians of Najran queried the use of this epithet, suggesting the Qur'an had confused Mary, mother of Jesus with Mary, sister of Aaron and Moses. This observation developed polemical overtones beginning in the 9th century in the form of Nicetas of Byzantium's trenchant criticisms and general Anti-Islam polemic.

Believing the Qur'an was simply a hodgepodge of Jewish and Christian texts, Western scholarship continued to transmit this alleged historical contradiction until recent times, where a balanced and fair look at the relevant texts shows no such anachronism exists. Though descriptions such as ‘Children of Adam’, ‘Children of Israel’, ‘mother of’ ‘brother of’, ‘sister of’, ‘son of’, etc., may presuppose direct physical consanguinity, they cannot in all instances be understood as such, without imposing a patently absurd, nonsensical understanding of the text...... May God help us all

Pls, do you have any other example in the quran which used "brother " or "sister" in a relationship between two people who are hundreds of years apart like Aaron and Mary in order to indicate extended kinship?

What is the historical or spiritual kinship/relationship between Aaron and Mary ?

Can I ask you other questions , though not related to this topic ?

1 Like

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by plainbibletruth: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
................. Its not a mandate you accept!!! You asked me to defend the "error" according to you and I did!
The words "sister", "brother", "son" and "daughter" in Arabic usage have very wide connotations.

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ASSUME THAT THESE KINSHIP LINKS ARE TO INTERPRETED IN MODERN TERM. THE WORDS "SISTER" and "DAUGHTER", like their male counterparts, in Arabic usage can indicate ...... May God help us all

Is there any example of this kind of usage in ancient literature? I doubt.

If in the face of facts you still choose to accept error you can only be left with your right to believe what you want to believe. 

If you want to believe ANYTHING in defiance of all evidence against your previously held view, so be it. 

No one can force another to reject or believe anything. 

But you must realize that wherever you put your faith determines your eternal destiny. The choice is yours. 

4 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
dolphinheart:

Pls, do you have any other example in the quran which used "brother " or "sister" in a relationship between two people who are hundreds of years apart like Aaron and Mary in order to indicate extended kinship?

What is the historical or spiritual kinship/relationship between Aaron and Mary ?

Can I ask you other questions , though not related to this topic ?
...................... You are free to ask any question provided you are objective in the manner @ which you ask the question! If I know it, I'll let you know and if I don't know it, I'll own up ...................... Now to answer your question, these are the verses!!...... "And his people came rushing towards him, and they had been long in the habit of practising abominations. He said: "O my people! Here are my daughters: they are purer for you (if ye marry)! Now fear Allah, and cover me not with shame about my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?" [Qur'an 11:78]................................................... ........................... In Chapter 7 verses 65, 73 and 85 Prophets Hud, Saleh and Shu‘ayb are referred to as "brothers" of their respective peoples.

"And unto (the tribe of) A'ad (We sent) their brother, Hud. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other Allah serve Him. Will ye not ward off (evil)"? [Qur'an 7:65]

"And to (the tribe of) Thamud (We sent) their brother Salih. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other Allah serve Him. A wonder from your Lord hath come unto you. Lo! this is the camel of Allah, a token unto you; so let her feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not with hurt lest painful torment seize you". [Qur'an 7:73]

"And unto Midian (We sent) their brother, Shu‘ayb. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other Allah serve Him. Lo! a clear proof hath come unto you from your Lord; so give full measure and full weight and wrong not mankind in their goods, and work not confusion in the earth after the fair ordering thereof. That will be better for you, if ye are believers" [Qur'an 7:85]

The people of Lot are also mentioned in chapter 50 verse 13 as the brothers of Lot except for the word "banati" which means my "daughters".... In 11:78, all other references have used the word "akhun" which means "brother".
Another one........

"The ‘Ad, Pharaoh, the brethren of Lut", (Qur'an 50:13)

And in another place, the Qur'an addresses the believers as brothers-in-faith.

"The Believers are but a single brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy". [Qur'an 49:10]

May we all be guided!

1 Like

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
plainbibletruth:

Is their any example of this kind of usage in ancient literature? I doubt.

If in the face of facts you still choose to accept error you can only be left with your right to believe what you want to believe. 

If you want to believe ANYTHING in defiance of all evidence against your previously held view, so be it. 

No one can force another to reject or believe anything. 

But you must realize that wherever you put your faith determines your eternal destiny. The choice is yours. 

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by plainbibletruth: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
[size=5pt]
Teekrayne:
...................... You are free to ask any question provided you are objective in the manner @ which you ask the question! If I know it, I'll let you know and if I don't know it, I'll own up ...................... Now to answer your question, these are the verses!!...... "And his people came rushing towards him, and they had been long in the habit of practising abominations. He said: "O my people! Here are my daughters: they are purer for you (if ye marry)! Now fear Allah, and cover me not with shame about my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?" [Qur'an 11:78]................................................... ........................... In Chapter 7 verses 65, 73 and 85 Prophets Hud, Saleh and Shu‘ayb are referred to as "brothers" of their respective peoples.

"And unto (the tribe of) A'ad (We sent) their brother, Hud. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other Allah serve Him. Will ye not ward off (evil)"? [Qur'an 7:65]

"And to (the tribe of) Thamud (We sent) their brother Salih. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other Allah serve Him. A wonder from your Lord hath come unto you. Lo! this is the camel of Allah, a token unto you; so let her feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not with hurt lest painful torment seize you". [Qur'an 7:73]

"And unto Midian (We sent) their brother, Shu‘ayb. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other Allah serve Him. Lo! a clear proof hath come unto you from your Lord; so give full measure and full weight and wrong not mankind in their goods, and work not confusion in the earth after the fair ordering thereof. That will be better for you, if ye are believers" [Qur'an 7:85]

The people of Lot are also mentioned in chapter 50 verse 13 as the brothers of Lot except for the word "banati" which means my "daughters".... In 11:78, all other references have used the word "akhun" which means "brother".
Another one........

"The Believers are but a single brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy". [Qur'an 49:10]

May we all be guided!
[/size]

Are you sure you know what you are putting down here?

You were not asked to look for places where you see 'brother' or 'sister' and quote them to claim you've answered the questions. 

The issue is can you show us in the Quran another example of two (2) persons separated by hundreds of years where the YOUNGER was referred to as either the 'brother' or 'sister' of the OLDER like in this case of Mary and Aaron and not 'son' or 'daughter'?

4 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by dolphinheart(m): 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:

Another one........

May we all be guided!

Pls I do not know who quran 11: 78 is talking about can you explain more on that verse and relate it to the question I asked?

On quran 7:65
Who are the a'ad? Who is hud?
I believe (not sure) that this aad is a group of people and not an individual like Aaron right?
When did hud go to aad? I believe both where alive and most (in aad) are of the same generation with hud right?

If I'm right with my view on that verse, then it is not in line with my initial question which is aimed at finding out quranic verses in which the condition of calling Mary a sister of someone who is hundreds of years older than her and very much dead before she was born. I hope u understand me now. Hud and the aads where verry much alive in that verse.

On verse 73 and 85.
I hold the same view and I'm asking the same questions as above.
We might be cousins or from the same tribe. You might also be older or younger than I am . It will be accepted if I call you brother, but I, and I'm sure , you too, will take offence if any one of us calls our great grand father brothers.

On Quran 50:13
Pls in what way does this verse answer my question .

On quran 49:10
I believe this believers are of the same generation or are alive at the same time.

Pls Bro, my question was not on the mentions of brothers and sisters in the quran but more on the relationship and genealogical difference of these brothers and sisters. So pls can u provide a similar example like that of Aaron and Mary?

Bro ,The second question : what is the historical and spiritual kinship/ relationship between Mary and Aaron .?
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by dmz1: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
coolsomeone is doing a ben Johnson cool
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 1:01am On Aug 09, 2015
plainbibletruth:
[size=5pt][/size]

Are you sure you know what you are putting down here?

You were not asked to look for places where you see 'brother' or 'sister' and quote them to claim you've answered the questions. 

The issue is can you show us in the Quran another example of two (2) persons separated by hundreds of years where the YOUNGER was referred to as either the 'brother' or 'sister' of the OLDER like in this case of Mary and Aaron and not 'son' or 'daughter'?
.................. What is this one saying again? Have I made myself clear on the "error" you claimed the Qur'an made? You didn't get back to me and I am a bit disturbed! Let me answer the person who asked this particular question! Its not meant for you please!!!....... He did quote me and of course I have to do justice to that if I can.....
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 5:34am On Aug 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

Pls I do not know who quran 11: 78 is talking about can you explain more on that verse and relate it to the question I asked?

On quran 7:65
Who are the a'ad? Who is hud?
I believe (not sure) that this aad is a group of people and not an individual like Aaron right?
When did hud go to aad? I believe both where alive and most (in aad) are of the same generation with hud right?

If I'm right with my view on that verse, then it is not in line with my initial question which is aimed at finding out quranic verses in which the condition of calling Mary a sister of someone who is hundreds of years older than her and very much dead before she was born. I hope u understand me now. Hud and the aads where verry much alive in that verse.

On verse 73 and 85.
I hold the same view and I'm asking the same questions as above.
We might be cousins or from the same tribe. You might also be older or younger than I am . It will be accepted if I call you brother, but I, and I'm sure , you too, will take offence if any one of us calls our great grand father brothers.

On Quran 50:13
Pls in what way does this verse answer my question .

On quran 49:10
I believe this believers are of the same generation or are alive at the same time.

Pls Bro, my question was not on the mentions of brothers and sisters in the quran but more on the relationship and genealogical difference of these brothers and sisters. So pls can u provide a similar example like that of Aaron and Mary?

Bro ,The second question : what is the historical and spiritual kinship/ relationship between Mary and Aaron .?
................... Opz! "genealogical difference" I just got the previous question right... But to be candid with you, the questions are really appreciated, but they are relatively "too much"!!! You would have done good to me if you had asked them one after the other for clarity. Nonetheless, let's see how far I can go!!!.... Quran 11 vs 78 was referring to ABRAHAM(IBRAHIM)..... Hud is a prophet of Allah who was sent to the people of Aad to stop worshipping idols...... While I provide answers to the ones I know; I'll embark on research till I find the appropriate answer to the other questions. I'll rather belt up than to spew gibberish from my gob! May God help us all
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by dolphinheart(m): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Teekrayne:
................... Opz! "genealogical difference" I just got the previous question right... But to be candid with you, the questions are really appreciated, but they are relatively "too much"!!! You would have done good to me if you had asked them one after the other for clarity. Nonetheless, let's see how far I can go!!!.... Quran 11 vs 78 was referring to ABRAHAM(IBRAHIM)..... Hud is a prophet of Allah who was sent to the people of Aad to stop worshipping idols...... While I provide answers to the ones I know; I'll embark on research till I find the appropriate answer to the other questions. I'll rather belt up than to spew gibberish from my gob! May God help us all

Ok , ill be waiting for ur answers. Though I have other questions (based on other topics ill like answered.
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

Ok , ill be waiting for ur answers. Though I have other questions (based on other topics ill like answered.
......... Thanks for your understanding! I do really appreciate! I also have questions to ask. But that will be after I provide answers to ur questions. Good nyt man.
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by INJESUSNAME: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
Teekrayne:
............................................................................. NB: ALLAH is INFALLIBLE but the MUHAMMAD(SAW) is FALLIBLE because he was/is a human...... Now, to answer you sir. The question now is why the epithet “O SISTER OF AARON”? Well, Upon seeing Mary with a child, and having no knowledge of her having married anyone or being unchaste, her people exclaimed using the epithet yā ukhta harūn or “O sister of Aaron”. From the immediate context it is obvious this epithet was used to draw Mary's attention, which could mean the following things.

Firstly, it was to remind her of her similarity to Aaron in her piety and worship of God. Thus the statement becomes a reprimand to her having borne a child without being married, a shocking sin given her piety and the known righteousness of her immediate family and her ancestors................... Secondly, the epithet yā ukhta harūn or "O sister of Aaron" was also to remind Mary of her pious ancestor MIRIAM, the sister of Aaron (and Moses), who was given the title "prophetess" (EXODUS 15:20) and is highly regarded in the Hebrew Bible and rabbinical literature. She is mentioned in (MICAH 6:4) with Moses and Aaron as one of the three who led Israel out of Egypt. The rabbinical literature elaborates the biblical account where MIRIAM is portrayed as a person for whom God intervened. God honoured her by Himself officiating as the cohen to declare her definitely a leper and subsequently to declare her cleansed. Because she had waited for Moses by the river, the Israelites waited for her to recover. A miraculous well, created during the twilight on the eve of the first Sabbath, accompanied the Children of Israel in the desert due to her merits. Like Moses and Aaron, she too died by the kiss of God since the angel of death had no power over her.

Both these explanations have a support from a ḥadīth of Prophet Muḥammad(SAW). The Christians of Najran during the time of the Prophet raised a similar objection and it was answered by the Prophet(SAW). In Ṣaḥiḥ Muslim, a ḥadīth related by Mughirah ibn Shu‘bah [5326] says:

Mughirab. Shu‘ba reported: When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read "O sister of Harun(Aaron)" in the Qur'an, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: "The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the NAMES OF APOSTLES AND PIOUS PERSON§ WHO HAD GONE BEFORE THEM."

It is clear from this ḥadīth that the Prophet did not "CONFUSE" between the two Marys. He pointed out that people from earlier times gave names after the pious people who had gone before them.......... Furthermore, the Muslim exegetes have already disproved the alleged confusion of the two Marys using the above ḥadīth and the Qur'an itself.......... For example, BARBARA FREYER STOWASSER points out:

Mary's designation as "sister of Aaron" (and also "daughter of Amram"wink has led some non-Muslims to allege a Qur'anic "confusion" of Miriam (Maryam) the sister of Aaron and Moses with Mary (Maryam) the mother of Jesus. THIS CONTROVERSY IS VERY OLD..., AND REFUTATION OF THE ALLEGATION BY MUSLIM AUTHORITIES IS WELL- DOCUMENTED. According to the tafsir, Mary was addressed as "sister of Aaron" because the Qur'an is drawing a comparison, or because she did have a brother by that name.............................................................. Furthermore, Elsewhere, concerning the alleged contradiction of the two Marys, STOWASSER, quoting Ibn Kathir says:

......"This controversy is as old as the Muslim-Christian dialogue. The Prophet is said to have refuted similar arguments made by the Christians of Najran during his lifetime; "to confuse Mary the mother of Jesus with Mary the sister of Moses and Aaron in Torah is COMPLETELY WRONG and in contradiction to the sound Hadith and the Qur'anic text as we have established it in the Tafsir" (Isma'il ibn Umar Abu l-Fida Ibn Kathir, Qisas al-anbiya', ed. Mustafa Abd al-Wahid, vol. II [Dar al-kutub al-haditha, 1968] pp. 393-394.

Therefore, the epithet "O sister of Aaron" used by Mary's people when they saw a baby in her arms, was simply a reminder to her of the people like her who had gone before and were pious and chaste. Furthermore, the Qur'an, just like the New Testament, associates Mary, mother of Jesus, during the time of Zakariyya. This makes the case for "confusion" between the two Marys untenable.

....... Except you are indolent, bias or one-sided in the way you make your research, The Qur'an is devoid of mistakes; watch your tongue!!!..... God bless us all.
see the long, evasive, irrelevant, and confusing post to a simple topic.

1 Like

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Demmzy15(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2015
Teekrayne:
.................. What is this one saying again? Have I made myself clear on the "error" you claimed the Qur'an made? You didn't get back to me and I am a bit disturbed! Let me answer the person who asked this particular question! Its not meant for you please!!!....... He did quote me and of course I have to do justice to that if I can.....
Masha'Allah bro, please ignore them. They're super-dumb, this issue as already been dealt with. They'll keep asking retarded questions, so I'll advice you just ignore them. Salam..

2 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by dolphinheart(m): 12:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Teekrayne:
......... Thanks for your understanding! I do really appreciate! I also have questions to ask. But that will be after I provide answers to ur questions. Good nyt man.

You can ask Me now
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by plainbibletruth: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2015
Demmzy15:

Masha'Allah bro, please ignore them. They're super-dumb, this issue as already been dealt with. They'll keep asking retarded questions, so I'll advice you just ignore them. Salam..
Why not simply provide a link to where this issue was dealt with.
You keep posting up and down and you're here advising another person to ignore people.
Why don't you stop responding yourself and educate your brain from others' posts.

2 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by true2god: 10:23am On Aug 10, 2015
Teekrayne:

Muslims are mathematicians who can work-out any equation in the bible to validate quranic fallacies\lies. Well, al-taqiyya is permitted in both political and spiritual islam, as long as it is for the benefit of allahh and his lieutenant, mohammed (piss be on him)

3 Likes

Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2015
dolphinheart:

You can ask Me now
........ Sir, what is the stand of the holy bible as regards the number of GOD? Do we have only ONE God or we have God the father, the son and the holy spirit? Am I asking to much sir?
Re: Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed by Teekrayne(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2015
true2god:
Muslims are mathematicians who can work-out any equation in the bible to validate quranic fallacies\lies. Well, al-taqiyya is permitted in both political and spiritual islam, as long as it is for the benefit of allahh and his lieutenant, mohammed (piss be on him)
......... May God in his infinite mercies forgive your shortcomings!!!.... However, must you resort to abusing someone before you make your point clear Saying "piss" instead of "peace" does not change what's on ground. May you be forgiven once more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To All Atheist / Daddy Freeze: "First Fruit Is Not An Act Of Faith, It's An Act Of Fraud" / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.