Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail (22768 Views)

UNICAL Panel Finds Prof. Cyril Ndifon Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Extortion / Sylvester Oromoni: 5 Dowen College Students Granted Bail / Best WAEC Students Get N200k Yearly Scholarship From Lagos Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Lakayuim: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
Rubbish

Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by PerfectMatchNG: 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
The first event we will have is a face to face meet and greet lunch meeting on a Saturday yet to be determined . I will work with chosen coordinators to arrange the meeting in their locality . This is to make sure the person posting in here is real and you get to make friends in your area not just Facebook . You never know when you need someone to talk to when you are down or lonely .

I will pay for the ladies lunch and guys are expected to pay for themselves and that is how you show responsibility that you are not planning to live off a woman from day one .

Anyone who wants to help fund the lunch meeting
should please discuss with his or her coordinator.
The vision is to have one face to face event in your area once every three months or 4 times a year . Failure to attend any of them in the year is grounds for removal as we are not sure of you being you .

Rules are for every member no big man or woman or small man or woman in here . I will try to attend the most I can as time goes by so I can meet you in person too . Most events are casual dressing , no need to go shopping

Once a year we will have a National Singles Convention where all singles meet
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Alvin212(m): 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nigeria gals no wan wear pant again
Na to carry big ikebe

Luking for who put for problem
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by supercase1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
A305:
For sure, he has lost his job and career, him being in the middle of this scandal. What I still can't understand is that force or power p ussy has to make even Bill Clinton get impeached from office. It's the greatest mystery after the soft sweetness of plus size girls. See my sigg for that cheap Lexus.
I command u by the powers vested in me
RECEIVE SENSE IN JESUS NAME
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Malcolm123: 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
EXLOVER:
Nonsense Judiciary we have in this country, that lecturer is suppose to serve some jail term.

Now all university Lecturers will just open an account and name it sexual harassment account and serve 200k on it, so that when they get caught they will use it to bail themselves.

If i'm the president of this country, toto bill will be passed.

Nonsense and SAN

BAIL
the temporary release of an accused person awaiting trial, sometimes on condition that a sum of money is lodged to guarantee their appearance in court.
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Alvin212(m): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:
The first event we will have is a face to face meet and greet lunch meeting on a Saturday yet to be determined . I will work with chosen coordinators to arrange the meeting in their locality . This is to make sure the person posting in here is real and you get to make friends in your area not just Facebook . You never know when you need someone to talk to when you are down or lonely .

I will pay for the ladies lunch and guys are expected to pay for themselves and that is how you show responsibility that you are not planning to live off a woman from day one .

Anyone who wants to help fund the lunch meeting
should please discuss with his or her coordinator.
The vision is to have one face to face event in your area once every three months or 4 times a year . Failure to attend any of them in the year is grounds for removal as we are not sure of you being you .

Rules are for every member no big man or woman or
small man or woman in here . I will try to attend the most I can as time goes by so I can meet you in person too . Most events are casual dressing , no need to go shopping

Once a year we will have a National Singles Convention where all singles meet

What's after party gonna be like

Will there be free punana

For some of us wey body dey hard to hold
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by DelphiOracle(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by EXLOVER(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Malcolm123:

BAIL
the temporary release of an accused person awaiting trial, sometimes on condition that a sum of money is lodged to guarantee their appearance in court.
okay bro
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by PerfectMatchNG: 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
Join us via the link on my signature.
Alvin212:

What's after party gonna be like

Will there be free punana

For some of us wey body dey hard to hold

Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
these court people are stupid.

someone that ought to serve like 1-2yrs imprisonment, wey be say if he see female student next time, especially 17yrs old ones, na sweat him go dey sweat. na him una come collect ordinary 200k for his bail.

I swear, this man go still continue this nonsense, knowing fully well that 200k is the way out, no jail term to serve.

rubbish JudiSCAMry
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by lizdammy: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Sanity must be restored.
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by SOFTENGR: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ekakamba:
$200,000?
Oh! It's Naira.
Was thinking Kano use USD. grin tongue
Those USD were kept inside babariga. It's hidden. They don't spend it.
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
Christafarian:
''The counsel, Mr Abdullahi Ibrahim, told the court that when the accused person was first arraigned on Oct. 8, he admitted the content of the First Information Report without understanding it.''

Just Imagine! A ''lecturer'' fa.

Oga, the law is funnieer than you can imagine. I pray you don't ever get into any mess. If you don't have a lawyer beside you, I swear you'll rope yourself while you know not.

Except he has had experience with law suits before or has received necessary orientation, even a professor will fumble in police custody.
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by nauto12: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2019

Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by stormborn28(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
A305:
For sure, he has lost his job and career, him being in the middle of this scandal. What I still can't understand is that force or power p ussy has to make even Bill Clinton get impeached from office. It's the greatest mystery after the soft sweetness of plus size girls. See my sigg for that cheap Lexus.
Bill Clinton was never impeached
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by A305: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
stormborn28:
Bill Clinton was never impeached
it's obvious I read better than you.

Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by renewable1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
Not fair enough.

8 hours electricity daily is possible with our 1kva solar system. Check my signature now
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by tiredoflife(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
A305:

Which bill Clinton una impeach
For which country.
Small small dey lie abeg
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by A305: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
tiredoflife:

Which bill Clinton una impeach
For which country.
Small small dey lie abeg

Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
is it 200 thousand dollars or 200 thousand naira?
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by tiredoflife(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
A305:

Oga leave goggle
The impeachment didnt fly
Bill completed his two terms and handed over to obama
The senate didnt let it fly
So he couldn't be removed even though the house of rep got the required votes
The case of Monica Lewinsky was settled out of court
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Christafarian(m): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Oga, the law is funnieer than you can imagine. I pray you don't ever get into any mess. If you don't have a lawyer beside you, I swear you'll rope yourself while you know not.

Except he has had experience with law suits before or has received necessary orientation, even a professor will fumble in police custody.
Oga, I don't think you understand what you're saying.

There is nothing ''funnieer'' about a CHARGE that is read to an Accused Person.

The content and expression in a CHARGE SHEET (In this case, a FIRST INFORMATION REPORT) are clearly worded in simple layman language.

Let even say you don't understand the offence read to you, logically speaking, the allegations embodied in a CHARGE SHEET cannot be strange to the extent that you have to plead guilty to it without knowing the implication.

Even if you know (within your mind) that you are guilty, you would ordinarily still put up a defence that you are not; leaving the Prosecution to do their work by proving beyond reasonable doubt.

So oga, don't jump into airing reckless opinions you are not sure about.
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by stormborn28(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
A305:
it's obvious I read better than you.
now young man... It is unfortunate you are proud of emptiness... President Clinton ruled USA for eight years... From 1992 to 2000. Yes there was an impeachment move against him as a result of Monica Lewinsky but it didn't scale through.

THIS DAY IN HISTORY
DECEMBER 19
UPDATED: SEP 25, 2019 | ORIGINAL: DEC 19, 2018
December 19
President Clinton impeached

After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice. Clinton, the second president in American history to be impeached, vowed to finish his term.

In November 1995, Clinton began an affair with Monica Lewinsky, a 21-year-old unpaid intern. Over the course of a year and a half, the president and Lewinsky had nearly a dozen sexual encounters in the White House. In April 1996, Lewinsky was transferred to the Pentagon. That summer, she first confided in Pentagon co-worker Linda Tripp about her sexual relationship with the president. In 1997, with the relationship over, Tripp began secretly to record conversations with Lewinsky, in which Lewinsky gave Tripp details about the affair.

READ MORE: Impeachment: Presidents, Process & History

In December, lawyers for Paula Jones, who was suing the president on sexual harassment charges, subpoenaed Lewinsky. In January 1998, allegedly under the recommendation of the president, Lewinsky filed an affidavit in which she denied ever having had a sexual relationship with him. Five days later, Tripp contacted the office of Kenneth Starr, the Whitewater independent counsel, to talk about Lewinsky and the tapes she made of their conversations. Tripp, wired by FBI agents working with Starr, met with Lewinsky again, and on January 16, Lewinsky was taken by FBI agents and U.S. attorneys to a hotel room where she was questioned and offered immunity if she cooperated with the prosecution. A few days later, the story broke, and Clinton publicly denied the allegations, saying, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky.”

In late July, lawyers for Lewinsky and Starr worked out a full-immunity agreement covering both Lewinsky and her parents, all of whom Starr had threatened with prosecution. On August 6, Lewinsky appeared before the grand jury to begin her testimony, and on August 17 President Clinton testified. Contrary to his testimony in the Paula Jones sexual-harassment case, President Clinton acknowledged to prosecutors from the office of the independent counsel that he had had an extramarital affair with Ms. Lewinsky.

READ MORE: Why Clinton Survived Impeachment While Nixon Resigned After Watergate

In four hours of closed-door testimony, conducted in the Map Room of the White House, Clinton spoke live via closed-circuit television to a grand jury in a nearby federal courthouse. He was the first sitting president ever to testify before a grand jury investigating his conduct. That evening, President Clinton also gave a four-minute televised address to the nation in which he admitted he had engaged in an inappropriate relationship with Lewinsky. In the brief speech, which was wrought with legalisms, the word “sex” was never spoken, and the word “regret” was used only in reference to his admission that he misled the public and his family.

Less than a month later, on September 9, Kenneth Starr submitted his report and 18 boxes of supporting documents to the House of Representatives. Released to the public two days later, the Starr Report outlined a case for impeaching Clinton on 11 grounds, including perjury, obstruction of justice, witness-tampering, and abuse of power, and also provided explicit details of the sexual relationship between the president and Ms. Lewinsky. On October 8, the House authorized a wide-ranging impeachment inquiry, and on December 11, the House Judiciary Committee approved three articles of impeachment. On December 19, the House impeached Clinton.

READ MORE: Watergate Scandal: Timeline, Summary & Deep Throat

On January 7, 1999, in a congressional procedure not seen since the 1868 impeachment trial of President Andrew Johnson, the trial of President Clinton got underway in the Senate. As instructed in Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution, the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (William Rehnquist at this time) was sworn in to preside, and the senators were sworn in as jurors.

Five weeks later, on February 12, the Senate voted on whether to remove Clinton from office. The president was acquitted on both articles of impeachment. The prosecution needed a two-thirds majority to convict but failed to achieve even a bare majority. Rejecting the first charge of perjury, 45 Democrats and 10 Republicans voted “not guilty,” and on the charge of obstruction of justice the Senate was split 50-50. After the trial concluded, President Clinton said he was “profoundly sorry” for the burden his behavior imposed on Congress and the American people

Next time reason well... He was impeached by the house of representatives but acquitted by the Senate... So he served his full time in office
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by Legendguru: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
Diqhead
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by tomdon(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
Christafarian:
''The counsel, Mr Abdullahi Ibrahim, told the court that when the accused person was first arraigned on Oct. 8, he admitted the content of the First Information Report without understanding it.''

Just Imagine! A ''lecturer'' fa.

Just imagine what?? Don't be a mumu, don't convict without evidence.
A lecturer is not a spirit, he's flesh and blood. He's a human before being a lecturer. I'm not approving of crime, if indeed he forced the lady by leveraging on his position as lecturer, then he should be axed.
But if a lecturer rolls with his student with consent, then they're good to go. Things may not be exactly as the lady is portraying.
So quit being a narrow-minded, myopic...
Re: Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
Christafarian:

Oga, I don't think you understand what you're saying.

There is nothing ''funnieer'' about a CHARGE that is read to an Accused Person.

The content and expression in a CHARGE SHEET (In this case, a FIRST INFORMATION REPORT) are clearly worded in simple layman language.

Let even say you don't understand the offence read to you, logically speaking, the allegations embodied in a CHARGE SHEET cannot be strange to the extent that you have to plead guilty to it without knowing the implication.

Even if you know (within your mind) that you are guilty, you would ordinarily still put up a defence that you are not; leaving the Prosecution to do their work by proving beyond reasonable doubt.

So oga, don't jump into airing reckless opinions you are not sure about.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I get your point now.

But why did you quote "funnieer"? I think it's obvious that it's a typo.

I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister / FUTO Student Bites Off Nose Of Fellow Girl / 6 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Prof Nnenna Oti, FUTO's First Female VC

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69