Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) (48916 Views)

President Buhari Canvasses Suspension Of Blanket Visa Ban By UAE / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From UAE (Photos) / New Modular 5,000bpd Refinery, 300MW Plant To Boost Nigeria’s Energy Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by damtan(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nothing shows that was a power plant

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
johnmattew:
only the mambilla dam is far bigger than all power plants completed by obj and gej's ...not even to talk about the newly signed contract with Siemens
since you know its is bigger please tell us its installed capacity
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by jaytee01(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
contigiency:

So power plant initiated is the yardstick e kwa? Please where are those power plants initiated and completed by other presidents?

If you check your records without bias, you will agree to the fact that buhari has caused more tangible development in this country than many others who have ruled this country. In case you don't know, buhari built all the four refineries that served Nigeria for decades, but other leaders could not maintain them. Today, look at how much being spent to import petroleum products because the refineries have been killed by those benefiting from subsidy scam.

I don't know when you graduated from school, but if it was up to 10 years ago, then I will tell you to think of PTF projects like lecture halls in different high institutions, luxurious buses, medical centers, hostels, PTF drugs, federal roads etc. All these he did as PTF chairman. Please if other leaders meant well, why did they not maintain those social amenities that served both the rich and the poor as put in place by this same buhari.
You are a mad and unrepentant liar.

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari should come and tell us how they spent hundreds of billions of dollars among themselves under the guise of power generation and distribution such that we now have to depend on UAE to build 1000MW for us.

Shame of a nation.

Yet some misguided yoots will come here and say PDP is better than APC. Atrophied brains.
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Studyinchina200(m): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Life is short, make sure you spend as much time as possible on Nairaland arguing with strangers about politics.

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by GGirll: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
contigiency:

So power plant initiated is the yardstick e kwa? Please where are those power plants initiated and completed by other presidents?

If you check your records without bias, you will agree to the fact that buhari has caused more tangible development in this country than many others who have ruled this country. In case you don't know, buhari built all the four refineries that served Nigeria for decades, but other leaders could not maintain them. Today, look at how much being spent to import petroleum products because the refineries have been killed by those benefiting from subsidy scam.

I don't know when you graduated from school, but if it was up to 10 years ago, then I will tell you to think of PTF projects like lecture halls in different high institutions, luxurious buses, medical centers, hostels, PTF drugs, federal roads etc. All these he did as PTF chairman. Please if other leaders meant well, why did they not maintain those social amenities that served both the rich and the poor as put in place by this same buhari.

That was when he buhari not now that we don't even know who he is n all ok.
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by stormborn28(m): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Buhari never built any of the four refineries ..that's another useless lies of a myth you Sadists love to spread ..To me any lover Buhari is a congenital sadist and never do well who wants the country in a bad state so everyone can suffer like them

thanks for this piece of information

London (NDR) – There is an adage that
says “a lie repeated several times seems to
be true.” This is exactly the case of Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari as regards to the
Nigerian refineries. Many Nigerians, maybe
out of ignorance believe the lie that Buhari
built our 4 refineries. This can be regarded
as the ‘lie of the century.’ If you are one of
those that believed this repeatedly told lies,
this special and well investigated report by
NewsDay Reporters will cure you of
ignorance.
For the records, Nigeria has four refineries
namely Port Harcourt, Alesa-Eleme (PH 1),
Warri, Kaduna and PH 11 refineries.
In 1960, Shell and the then British
Petroleum (BP) now African Petroleum
(AP) came together in a mutual joint
venture that gave birth to Nigerian
Petroleum Refining Company (NPRC). This
process led to the construction of the now
popular Alesa-Eleme (PH 1) in the outskirts
of Port Harcourt with a capacity of
38,000b/d. The construction started in 1963
and was completed in 1965 (in this period,
where was Buhari? he just joined the army
in 1962). As the demand for local
consumption increased rapidly, the
refinery’s capacity was raised to 60,000b/d
after the FG acquired 60% equity in 1970
and the remaining 40% in 1978 through the
1977 decree 77.
The administration of Gen. Olusegun
Obasanjo, in order to enhance the
performances of the oil sector, promulgated
Decree 77 of 1978 establishing the Nigerian
National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
The NNPC initially had five bodies, each
with a managing director. They were all
supervised by a group general manager.
The number of subsidiaries rose to nine
and later 11.
Following the indigenization policy of the
Federal Military Government under the
Obasanjo’s regime, the name NPRC was
changed to NNPC and its equity totally
bought over by the Federal Government in
1978. Therefore, the NPRC constructed the
first refinery in Nigeria generally known as
Port Harcourt 1 in 1965 while the NNPC
built the Port Harcourt 11, Warri and
Kaduna refineries.
However, the Warri Refinery was awarded
by Yakubu Gowon to Snamprogetti Spa
Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari
was the governor of North-eastern state) at
the cost of $478 million and commenced
operation in 1978 (now he was a
Petroleum. Minister). It had the design
capacity of 100,000 b/d.
The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by
Murtala Mohammed in 1976 and was built
by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction
Company - a Japanese firm, at the cost of
$525 million and was completed by
Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari's tenure as the
Petroleum. Minister ended in 1978). It had
two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels
units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes
Asphalt plants).
Port Harcourt 11 was awarded by Gen IBB
in 1985 with an installed capacity of
150,000 b/d and completed in 1989.
Meanwhile in 1985, IBB undertook an
expansion of the capacities of the fuels
units in both Warri and Kaduna refineries to
125,000b/d and 110,000b/d respectively.
He therefore added 185,000b/d capacity to
the total 445,000b/d as at 1989. No further
addition has been added till date.
So, when did Buhari build the four
refineries?
Lets I forget, Buhari has no legacy as a
former Head of State despite ruling the
country with an iron-fist.

2 Likes

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Mopson82: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
I hope isn't generator that we power it
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by SavageResponse(m): 10:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
Where are pics of the turbines?
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:
This is what Buhari couldn't build a single one in 6 years ..Fact check : Buhari is the only Nigerian leader without a single power plant to his name despite being Head of state in the 80s and democratic president for 6 years .. If that's not failure I don't know what is !!!!!
I know what it is and by that I mean NEXT LEVEL

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by chibjohn(m): 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Rubbish news. You just showed us buildings with not even one power equipment. This can only be an uncompleted diesel generators house. There is no way this can generate up to 100MW let alone 300MW. I know a 300MW power generation plant when I see one even in pictures.

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by jamace(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
contigiency:

Taa, Buhari did not build ANY refinery. Stop that that propaganda.....https://www.nairaland.com/2047265/buhari-did-not-build-refinery
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by timibare(m): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Aonkuuse:
You mean only 1m dollars, is it not the same project of it kind federal government has been spending not less than 200billion
this is nigeria
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Senatordeproff: 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
Built, I agree with you because one is in my state. It was even completed with the Tenure of a former Minister for Power and SSA technical and Public Utility.

Did it ever function? NO
why? Let's as GEJ because it was completed 2years ahead of Buhari coming before they lie of just completing few months before he came.

Let's just stop building what we can't manage. GE can generate the needed MW to power this nation and we make good cash from it. But no the corrupt Class (Politicians and Businessmen/women) won't allow Nigeria work. Even her citizens will still breach electrical lines so as to evade bill payment. We are our problem

I wish for a better Nigeria
FarahAideed:

Gej initiated and built more power plants than all other presidents combined ..Please research

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by wellmax(m): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
healthserve:
M

I knew how important that information was. All was published by Vanguard. I bought the paper as a reference tool. Not to worry, if I make out time to search my library I'll scan and publish. Over ten pages of projects executed under GEJ

If you have no fact, I think you better STFU. GEJ built GEJ built, where is the power?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Charly68: 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
And our own Governor is busy telling us why he does not stay in Ekiti since his he started his second term ...no light in my village for the past one year now
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by mechanics(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2019
Daviddson:
Where are the power plants themselves? Is this not a generator house?
they are just showing us buildings o.
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Vince77(m): 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
Aonkuuse:
You mean only 1m dollars, is it not the same project of it kind federal government has been spending not less than 200billion

Haq. Haq. Haq.

Udonknow wats gowinon
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Lokoyen(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
helinues:

Initiated but never implemented

Please research : Please that's lame..

For the facts that some of the contracts was awarded to you, you should have some of the their pictures close by

Facts are online! Stop displaying ignorance.
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
contigiency:

undecided undecided undecided

Confused man tell me how the bolded is possible when he came into power December 1983 and ousted August 1985

- -----‐---------------------------------------------------------------------

There are four major existing refineries as follows:

Old Port Harcourt Refinery; capacity 60,000 bpsd commissioned in 1965.

Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company; capacity 125,000 bpsd commissioned in 1978.

Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company; capacity 110,000 bpsd commissioned in 1980.

New Port Harcourt Refinery; capacity 150,000 bpsd commissioned in 1989.
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by wanger50(m): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Gej initiated and built more power plants than all other presidents combined ..Please research
Liessssss,OBJ did more of that via his NIPP research too...

2 Likes

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by mysteryman2014: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
This report is so incomplete. Where is the location for verification, why not show the turbines as evidence of the construction of the power plants.
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2019
seankafor:
Is this how we going to arrive at the projected 16k megawatts?
300, 100, 200 megawatts they keep churning out undecided

We can’t wait for the federal government so we have to build these power plants both state and private to complement and get things stable and moving.

1 Like

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by FIRDAUS3(m): 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
helinues:

What exactly do you people want?

Tell us make we know.. Are you people allergic to good news?
I wonder o undecided
Awon ayeeeeeee grin
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by AshipaEk0: 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
..... Smh
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by AshipaEk0: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Please has anyone seen the power plant in those pictures?

Abi no be generator house dey those pictures?

Who builds a power plant and completes it before seeking for license to operate it??

No single fear of God in these BMC people
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Giftexx: 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
whatisthetruth:
Wait, just one million dollars produced 300 Mw?

So 1 billion dollars should produce: 300mw x 1000 = 300,000mw.

What am I missing here?

Hmm..God help Nigeria
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by olowodara(m): 11:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

I swear Nigerian govt will spend nothing less than 350 million dollars on this and still not complete it ..

If not 1 billion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by Icecream4U(m): 12:10am On Oct 16, 2019
This country is gone!
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by bonnyhope: 12:16am On Oct 16, 2019
This look more of a storage house
Re: 300MW Power Plant In Lagos Built By UAE (Photos) by shogsman(m): 12:30am On Oct 16, 2019
300mw,100mw wtf kind of projects is this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Chase Away Lawmakers, Demand To See Senate President / The States Where Pigeons Refused To Fly During Armed Forces Remembrance (Video) / 2020 Twitter Post Of Lady Who Said Obi & Datti Should Be President Surfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.