Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna (14321 Views)

Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests / LASG Rebuilds Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Secretariat Burnt During EndSARS Riots / Nonso Smart Okafor Rebuilds Burnt House Of A Widow, Empowers Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by JosEast(m): 5:24am On Oct 16, 2019
Dogon Dawa village in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State is agog as the Nigeria Army is currently rebuilding the bridge linking the village to other states in the North-west, two years after its collapse. The 18-meter bridge, our correspondent gathered, was washed away by erosion in 2017 leaving residents and commuters stranded and unable to cross over during rainy seasons.

With the reconstruction of the bridge which links travelers to Kaduna, Katsina and Zamfara states, residents eagerly await its completion, in a few weeks to come, with excitement. A resident, Ibrahim Yakubu, described the reconstruction of the bridge as a relief, which he said, when completed, will make life easier for them. “When the bridge was okay it was taking me 10 minutes to get to my farm on my motorcycle, but since its collapsed, I have had to take the longer road which is about 30 minutes before I can get to my farm.”

He commended the army for brining succor to the community. Malama Aisha Yusuf, a mother of three, also said she was happy with the reconstruction of the bridge because it will reduce the cost of transporting herself and her three children to school and farm. “I never knew security agents also engage in service to communities like they are doing here. It has not been easy without the bridge because it doubled the prices of goods and services in our community.” She urged lawmakers and other government officials to key into such initiatives saying, it will go a long way in reducing the suffering of helpless communities in the state and the country at large.

The visibly overjoyed District Head of Dogon-Dawa, Alhaji Al-Hassan Al-Hassan described the intervention as a huge relief to his people. “It is a welcome development,” he said. Al-Hassan thanked the Nigerian Army and assured that the community will continue to give the army and other security operatives in the state necessary support to ensure peace and stability. The General Officer Commanding (GOC), 1 Division, Kaduna, Major General Faruq Yahaya, said the gesture is a demonstration of the Nigerian Army’s commitment to deepen civil-military relations.

The GOC, who was represented at the flag-off of the reconstruction by the Garrison Commander 1 Division, Brigadier General Jimmy Akpor, said the idea to rebuild the bridge was conceived when the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai came for an operational visit to the Army Super Camp in Kuyello. “The collapse of the bridge, located along the troubled Birni Gwari axis, has left the largely agrarian communities in difficulties as to how to move their farm produce.

“The COAS on 15th July was on his way to the Nigerian Army Super Camp in Kuyelo when he ran into this collapsed bridge and immediately directed the GOC in charge of the division to reconstruct the bridge. “Nigerian Army is fixing this bridge for the community as part of civil-military cooperation. We have constructed roads, fixed bridges across the country and this is just another one,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/excitement-in-b-gwari-village-as-army-rebuilds-collapsed-bridge.html

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Ketamine9000mg(m): 5:32am On Oct 16, 2019
"Still on still"I don't like anybody carrying gun in Nigeria,they have one thing in common:hatred for the citizens(bloody civilian).

1 Like

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by aolawale025: 5:52am On Oct 16, 2019
Good! More of this initiatives needed
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by miteolu(m): 6:03am On Oct 16, 2019
That's good
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2019
Sars hope you are seeing your mate?

6 Likes

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 16, 2019
shocked

Nice gesture from the military, but i do hope the community won't pay them back for the service being rendered; through getting their youths molested and forced group orgy with their young girls.

Moments like this reinforce our respect for the military. The military is the bedrock of national security and commendable gestures if it lives up to expectations.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by adecz: 6:06am On Oct 16, 2019
The governor ignored the bridge
but has shamelessly put his campaign
poster there

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Kpilo101: 6:13am On Oct 16, 2019
God bless NIGERIA military. Mumu burataunurumba

1 Like

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Afamed: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2019
Good product Good thinking

1 Like

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Seetto: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2019
Birni gwari na no go area ooo..
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Gten(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2019
Nice gesture by the army for the north and python dance for the south.

1 Like

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by ulysses: 6:27am On Oct 16, 2019
Good work, God Bless Nigerian Army & ALL Peace lovers.. Nigeria shall be great again. Arise O comparoits!!!!! ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by godwinkessi: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2019
That’s fine
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by CaptainStephen(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2019
Way to go comrades
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Ningi2020(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
Are you for real,, I hope you are not referring to the Military(army guys) to those useless civilians in black uniform

2 Likes

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Quality20(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2019
Birnin gwari a vast fertile land that can support large scale mechanised commercial agriculture. It also houses a vast game reserve that can attract much needed income by serving as tourist attraction. I also think there could be mineral deposits there too, but unfortunately it's now a den of some wild evil animals

2 Likes

Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by tillerwzb: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Kudos to NA but that thing Na culvert we dey call bridge . that is how mediocre we have falling to .
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by OakConsultNG: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2019
Good one from the Army..

Meanwhile, did you know you can get your business registered for as little as 23 thousand naira? Well, check our profile for contact details to enjoy this offer.
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by crazyABO(m): 6:55am On Oct 16, 2019
Am gon reserve my commendation till they rebuild it, is easier said than done lipsrsealed make them build am first make we see
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by mysteriousman(m): 6:55am On Oct 16, 2019
Quality20:
Birnin gwari a vast fertile land that can support large scale mechanised commercial agriculture. It also houses a vast game reserve that can attract much needed income by serving as tourist attraction. I also think there could be mineral deposits there too, but unfortunately it's now a den of some wild evil animals

You are so correct, that local government is blessed
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by ejihand(m): 7:01am On Oct 16, 2019
Good work anyways
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by johnpablo541(m): 7:02am On Oct 16, 2019
CyberEBOLA:

The army has a department known as the army engineering corps.

In developed countries they build dams, control floods, build hydro powerplants
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by johnpablo541(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2019
tillerwzb:
Kudos to NA but that thing Na culvert we dey call bridge . that is how mediocre we have falling to .

Yeah, you are right. That's a pipe culvert.
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by nauto16: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2019
good
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by Jaqenhghar: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2019
If army no build am who go gree risk life and limb to build am. Let those responsible for the lawlesness there go and build the bridge
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by renewable1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
Army are working!

minimum 8hours electricity daily is possible with our 1kva solar system. Check my signature now
Re: Army Rebuilds Collapsed Bridge In Birnin Gwari Village, Kaduna by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
johnpablo541:

The army has a department known as the army engineering corps.

In developed countries they build dams, control floods, build hydro powerplants
Cool.

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings / Ondo: I Was Never Disloyal To The Governor - Deputy Governor, Aiyedatiwa, / Court Refuses To Stay Further Proceeding In Fani-kayode Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.