Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road (10309 Views)

Lagos Seeks FG’s Support In Funding Infrastructure Projects / Ekiti Seeks Afdb’s Support For Ado – Akure Road Construction, Agric Processing / Senate Gives FG Approval For Payment Of N45b To Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Omooba77: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2019
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, said on Tuesday that he was seeking approval of the Federal Government, owners of the Ado – Akure Road, to fix and toll the road.

Fayemi, who said the toll became necessary in view of the directive from the Federal Government not to refund states henceforth for repair of federal roads and the need for him to pay back the loan he sourced from African Development Bank to fix the road.

The governor, who spoke during a colloquium themed, ‘Building a sustainable economy through values orientation and innovative thinking’, held to mark the first year of his second term in office, said that paucity of funds had forced the Federal Government to stop the states from rehabilitating federal roads.

Fayemi said, “We got some money from the AfDB to fix the Ado – Akure Road, but it is not our road. So I wrote to the President, requesting permission to fix this road. The Federal Works Ministry told me that if I did it, there would be no refund. I said okay, I don’t need a refund. Give me approval to fix it. We have been on this for three months.

“I hope that the legislative branch of government will be able to convince the Federal Government that this is a joke. There are 36,000 kilometres of roads to be rehabilitated by FERMA. I don’t know what has been approved for FERMA in the current estimate for 2020, but I doubt if it’s up to N100million,” Fayemi said.

Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi and former Minister of Sports, Mr Bolaji Abdullahi, who spoke at the event, advised the country to redistribute its wealth and foster entrepreneurial education to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor citizens.

https://punchng.com/fayemi-seeks-fg-approval-to-toll-ado-akure-road/amp/
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by helinues: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2019
Good or bad policy ? Indifference
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by teamsynergy: 8:11am On Oct 16, 2019
nonsense..

can we atleast cut the running cost of this government before we tax out the common man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Mays24(f): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Anti People Government.
Nonsense

Please check my signature.

11 Likes

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Rahyberg(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2019
shocked
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by 989900: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2019
I've said it many times, I will say it again.
Nigeria is a poor country and $30b budget is piss poor for a population of almost 200m.

Countries with a quarter of our population have budgets thrice and more than ours . . . not to mention the ones our corrupt politicians and civil servants would steal from the already insufficient funds.

If paying toll fees would mean good roads ultimately saving our lives and our pockets from the travails of the travesty we have for roads, then let's have it, not now, but right now!

We already have impossible leaders, we can't afford to be penny wise; pound f00lish too.

Toll the interstate roads via PPP arrangements as long as it will translate to plying good roads with relative peace of mind, and let the inner/local roads be the concentration of government spending on roads.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by solmusdesigns: 8:13am On Oct 16, 2019
cry

Simple as ABC
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Good move, no bi ponmo cutting type
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by yeyeboi(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2019
Useless Government angry

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Omooba77: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2019
Why will APC only be thinking of what will inflict pains and hardship on the people more and more................

10 Likes

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Sirpaul(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2019
Fayemi is kinda mad
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Racoon(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2019
What is bad ìf the government fix and keep the road toll-free? Guess the VIP plying that road will also pay the toll fare? Why are these fella always looking for ways to further afflict the masses? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by bonnyhope: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2019
You want to use tax payers money to construct road and tax them again to pay for it.
Honestly our Leaders are wicked

7 Likes

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Blitzerz: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:
Why will APC only be thinking of what will inflict pains and hardship on the people more and more................

because they are clueless

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by JubrinElSudan: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2019
You should have got the FG approval first before getting the loan. So if FG keeps dragging feet, interest will be accumulating and the loan might be embezzled.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Ayoprogress: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2019
Useless Government, when you're so blind to see the road and repair it coz it's not affecting you and you're still planning not to repay those who ready to repair it coz they're affected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by NwaliE01: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2019
Innocent citizens are the worst heat at all time.
The toll is to be paid by the passengers cos price of transport will be affected.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Mutemenot(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Very soon Mad men nd women 'll start paying Tax

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by kingjahjah(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2019
yeyeboi:
Useless Government angry
better than Fayose useless lousy government.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by zealblinks(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2019
rtl123:
good move
Good move?
Can you read at all? Do you have sense of reasoning? If no. Please talk to your doctor
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by chukwuibuipob: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2019
lipsrsealed Next levu Thieves everywhere. Nah dat tiny, bend road the man wan mount boxes dey collect 100/200? Spits
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by chloride6: 8:23am On Oct 16, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
You should have got the FG approval first before getting the loan. So if FG keeps dragging feet, interest will be accumulating and the loan might be embezzled.

The directive came after the loan was acquired
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by princeade86(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2019
one by one.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by chukwuibuipob: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2019
angry He wan make Pita d rock,ponmo cutter to luk like a saint..Ekiti ketes beta reject diz
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by nauto15: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2019
i see
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by yeyeboi(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2019
kingjahjah:
better than Fayose useless lousy government.

All Na the same
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by martowskin1(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2019
989900:
I've said it many times, I will say it again.
Nigeria is a poor country and $30b budget is piss poor for a population of almost 200m.

Countries with a quarter of our population have budgets thrice and more than ours . . . not to mention the ones our corrupt politicians and civil servants would steal from the already insufficient funds.

If paying toll fees would mean good roads ultimately saving our lives and our pockets from the travails of the travesty we have for roads, then let's have it, not now, but right now!

We already have impossible leaders, we can't afford to be penny wise; pound f00lish too.

Toll the interstate roads via PPP arrangements as long as it will translate to plying good roads with relative peace of mind, and let the inner/local roads be the concentration of government spending on roads.

U also forgot to mention the cost of governance, even country richer than us, their government earn less than ours.

Is not about taxing or billing us, is what will they use it for?
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by cerpvad(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Though tolling will lead to increase in transport fares, it is worth it so far that road is fixed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chukwuebuka Trending On Twitter / Buhari’s Scorecard Decidedly Not Good Enough - Punch Editorial Board / A Comparative Analysis Of Nigerian Legislators‘ Earnings With Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.