Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road (10311 Views)

Lagos Seeks FG’s Support In Funding Infrastructure Projects / Ekiti Seeks Afdb’s Support For Ado – Akure Road Construction, Agric Processing / Senate Gives FG Approval For Payment Of N45b To Ex-Nigeria Airways Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by emerged01(m): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2019
zealblinks:

Good move?
Can you read at all? Do you have sense of reasoning? If no. Please talk to your doctor
Educate instead of insulting him. His opinion doesn’t call for insult.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by orisa37: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:

Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, said on Tuesday that he was seeking approval of the Federal Government, owners of the Ado – Akure Road, to fix and toll the road.

Fayemi, who said the toll became necessary in view of the directive from the Federal Government not to refund states henceforth for repair of federal roads and the need for him to pay back the loan he sourced from African Development Bank to fix the road.

The governor, who spoke during a colloquium themed, ‘Building a sustainable economy through values orientation and innovative thinking’, held to mark the first year of his second term in office, said that paucity of funds had forced the Federal Government to stop the states from rehabilitating federal roads.

Fayemi said, “We got some money from the AfDB to fix the Ado – Akure Road, but it is not our road. So I wrote to the President, requesting permission to fix this road. The Federal Works Ministry told me that if I did it, there would be no refund. I said okay, I don’t need a refund. Give me approval to fix it. We have been on this for three months.

“I hope that the legislative branch of government will be able to convince the Federal Government that this is a joke. There are 36,000 kilometres of roads to be rehabilitated by FERMA. I don’t know what has been approved for FERMA in the current estimate for 2020, but I doubt if it’s up to N100million,” Fayemi said.

Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi and former Minister of Sports, Mr Bolaji Abdullahi, who spoke at the event, advised the country to redistribute its wealth and foster entrepreneurial education to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor citizens.

https://punchng.com/fayemi-seeks-fg-approval-to-toll-ado-akure-road/amp/

Toll-gating Roads is actually anti human"s freedom of movements. Once we have Full Autonomy of Policing, Resourcing and Elections control in our 36 Constitutional States, IGR will get a permanent Fillip and the Fulanis' expansionist mischief will stop.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Nukilia: 8:49am On Oct 16, 2019
989900:
[s]I've said it many times, I will say it again.
Nigeria is a poor country and $30b budget is piss poor for a population of almost 200m.

Countries with a quarter of our population have budgets thrice and more than ours . . . not to mention the ones our corrupt politicians and civil servants would steal from the already insufficient funds.

If paying toll fees would mean good roads ultimately saving our lives and our pockets from the travails of the travesty we have for roads, then let's have it, not now, but right now!

We already have impossible leaders, we can't afford to be penny wise; pound f00lish too.

Toll the interstate roads via PPP arrangements as long as it will translate to plying good roads with relative peace of mind, and let the inner/local roads be the concentration of government spending on roads[/s].

How come you reason like this?
1.Were you not in this country when the amount used in demolishing all the toll booths in Nigeria exceeded the amount used in their construction.
2. Do you know that the FG added #1:50k on every liter of petroleum product during the time of Obasanjo so as to compensate for fixing of roads
3. Learn to be a good student of history.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Nukilia: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2019
cerpvad:
Though tolling will lead to increase in transport fares, it is worth it so far that road is fixed.

Its another avenue to inflict hardship on the citizens of this country

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by orisa37: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2019
rtl123:
good move

Uncivilized.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Abalado(f): 9:05am On Oct 16, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
Good move, no bi ponmo cutting type
mumu of the highest order
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Darestc2k12: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2019
Pls let me ask this: what Services are these governors want to render for us as dividend of democracy. In Nigerian, we pay tripple tax. Everything we buy attract tax paying. That is why they are expensive, yet we are asked to pay for used road.
In Ekiti, 98% of streets in metropolis lack drainage, hence they are are not 'okadarable' let alone motorable. Worst of it all, flooding in every street if Ado Ekiti and its environ. All these are not concerns of Dr fayemi. Is he still the governor of that state.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by dadebayo1(m): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2019
grin grin grin we have not seen anything yet.... Probably by 2023 we would vote with common sense..... Let Government implement all they intend doing grin grin we have not seen anything yet

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by FarahAideed: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2019
989900:
I've said it many times, I will say it again.
Nigeria is a poor country and $30b budget is piss poor for a population of almost 200m.

Countries with a quarter of our population have budgets thrice and more than ours . . . not to mention the ones our corrupt politicians and civil servants would steal from the already insufficient funds.

If paying toll fees would mean good roads ultimately saving our lives and our pockets from the travails of the travesty we have for roads, then let's have it, not now, but right now!

We already have impossible leaders, we can't afford to be penny wise; pound f00lish too.

Toll the interstate roads via PPP arrangements as long as it will translate to plying good roads with relative peace of mind, and let the inner/local roads be the concentration of government spending on roads.

Even the Toll on Lekki Epe road has not been used to fix the road

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by renewable1(m): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2019
Na them!

minimum 8hours electricity daily is possible with our 1kva solar system. Check my signature now
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by toysam(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2019
What is the distance between Akure and Ondo town compare to Akure Ikere road why the proposal of toll gate,

Our governors are very self centered, who supplies the toll gate workers and construction
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2019
zealblinks:

Good move?
Can you read at all? Do you have sense of reasoning? If no. Please talk to your doctor

Idi*t

For ur mind now, na u get reasoning pass abi?
Anyone wey see u now go think say u dey ply the road too. Any sensible human being being that plies that road would appreciate Fayemi for planning to take this bold step. Road wey Don turn to hideout for kidnappers as a result of too much of bad spots.

Federal Road for that matter. Person wan use hm state govt money take do d road without expecting refunds and u still accuse him? God punis*h that ur yansh wey u dey use reason

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2019
Darestc2k12:
Pls let me ask this: what Services are these governors want to render for us as dividend of democracy. In Nigerian, we pay tripple tax. Everything we buy attract tax paying. That is why they are expensive, yet we are asked to pay for used road.
In Ekiti, 98% of streets in metropolis lack drainage, hence they are are not 'okadarable' let alone motorable. Worst of it all, flooding in every street if Ado Ekiti and its environ. All these are not concerns of Dr fayemi. Is he still the governor of that state.

Did u just say every street of ado? I guess dsame flood Don carry ur brain awsy as well
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2019
toysam:
What is the distance between Akure and Ondo town compare to Akure Ikere road why the proposal of toll gate,

Our governors are very self centered, who supplies the toll gate workers and construction

Go back to school bro
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by adetes: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2019
Ado-akure t-fair go b multiple
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Taciturn1: 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
Racoon:
What is bad ìf the government fix and keep the road toll-free? Guess the VIP plying that road will also pay the toll fare? Why are these fella always looking for ways to further afflict the masses? undecided
Read the article if you didn't before commenting.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Omooba77: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
orisa37:

Toll-gating Roads is actually anti human"s freedom of movements. Once we have Full Autonomy of Policing, Resourcing and Elections control in our 36 Constitutional States, IGR will get a permanent Fillip and the Fulanis' expansionist mischief will stop.

These people are regressive...................
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by orisa37: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:

These people are regressive...................

Are talking about the Fulanis? They're shamelessly retrogressive.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by 989900: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nukilia:

How come you reason like this?
1.Were you not in this country when the amount used in demolishing all the toll booths in Nigeria exceeded the amount used in their construction.
2. Do you know that the FG added #1:50k on every liter of petroleum product during the time of Obasanjo so as to compensate for fixing of roads
3. Learn to be a good student of history.

PPP.

OTOH, would you rather kidnappers take over all of our roads and have bad roads continue to take lives and damage cars while waiting for toll-free good roads?
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by 989900: 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
martowskin1:

U also forgot to mention the cost of governance, even country richer than us, their government earn less than ours.

Is not about taxing or billing us, is what will they use it for?

That's another valid aspect. This discussion is about having good roads via PPP.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by 989900: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
FarahAideed:

Even the Toll on Lekki Epe road has not been used to fix the road

Imagine for a second that there is no toll on that road! We would have had another Apapa situation on our hands.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by FarahAideed: 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
989900:

Imagine for a second that there is no toll on that road! We would have had another Apapa situation on our hands.

I live by that road and I have never seen anything maintaining it
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by cerpvad(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2019
If the roads are good enough, moderate tolling will not lead to hardship
Nukilia:

Its another avenue to inflict hardship on the citizens of this country
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by surgical: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Mays24:
Anti People Government.
Nonsense

Please check my signature.
The adage says if woman no marry two husbands,she won't know which is better
All these revenue,revenue,this heartless party is trying to squeeze from the already over stressed citizens is not in the people's interest, the ones they have,how faithful did they utilize this
This is the worst regime ever,hardship everywhere
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by seunmsg(m): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
Omooba77:
Why will APC only be thinking of what will inflict pains and hardship on the people more and more................

Government is not a magical institution. Infrastructure can’t be fixed without money. The entire proposed budget of Federal ministry of works and housing for 2020 is about N290billion. The contract sum for second Niger bridge alone is over N200billion. So, how would the ministry fix all the federal roads in Nigeria?

If we are serious about delivering world class infrastructure, we must be ready to pay for it.
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by seunmsg(m): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2019
Racoon:
What is bad ìf the government fix and keep the road toll-free? Guess the VIP plying that road will also pay the toll fare? Why are these fella always looking for ways to further afflict the masses? undecided

The state government obtained a loan from AFDB to fix the road. How will the state pay back the loan without reimbursement or tolling?
Re: Fayemi Seeks FG Approval To Toll Ado-akure Road by Omooba77: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
seunmsg:

Government is not a magical institution. Infrastructure can’t be fixed without money. The entire proposed budget of Federal ministry of works and housing for 2020 is about N290billion. The contract sum for second Niger bridge alone is over N200billion. So, how would the ministry fix all the federal roads in Nigeria?

If we are serious about delivering world class infrastructure, we must be ready to pay for it.
Come and see how Lekki Tolled road is, you will not open your bukacavity sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawmakers Probing Job Racketeering Are Extorting Money From Agencies - Premium T / Zamfara: Matawalle Lays Foundation For N8.631 Billion RUGA Project / FCT Minister Nyesom Wike Still In Charge Of PDP Excos In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.