Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira (55245 Views)

CBN Bars Agents From Using Pos Terminals For Transactions / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by naijadrivablog: 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
This is bad. Why tax poor Nigerians Tax the rich and create enabling environment for poor people to be rich. Na wa for these politicians.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
kokomaster3d:
What is wrong with them abeg
Nigeria, a den of thieves. Who ask them to stamp on out money? They should keep their stamp and leave us to manage the little we have and not use fake stamp to steal from the little we have to add to the more they have stolen.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Goldencheese(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
walexy100:

You are the small mind because you are a bloody liar.

Is that all the venom you can give me? Take a chill pill. We are all in Nigeria feeling the heat and praying for better days. But unlike you, I am not transferring my pain and aggression to others. Chill man. We are not in a contest of who is Mr. Know it All. But if you claim to know it all, then I submit to your grand intelligence. You win!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by berbs: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:

No it is just now, I have been using POS for ages without issue, until last week and I started seeing extra N50
Wait oooo, is that one for Current or Savings account
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Goldencheese:

All my accounts are current and business accounts, may that is why I see so many deductions.

Justified deduction for u then.....but if they’ve been truly charging u 50naira for POS transaction and web transaction..... take it up with them...they will stop it....
I’ve moved my money to standard chattered...this week.... my insurance person told me about the bank...
the bank is the best bank...they behave like uk banks... they don’t charge for using other banks ATM and many other charges like....ATM is free just like Uk banks

this is supposed to be a law... a customer isn’t supposed to be charged for using another banks terminal since ur ATM network isn’t wide enuf.... no bank has ATM within a 10block mile radius hence these charges are not justified.....but this is Nigeria ....a lot of things are illegal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Goldencheese(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
You don't say! Thanks, man. Glad I chatted with you know today. Learnt a few things.

God bless.

1StopRudeness:

Justified deduction for u then.....but if they’ve been truly charging u 50naira for POS transaction and web transaction..... take it up with them...they will stop it....
I’ve moved my money to standard chattered...this week.... my insurance person told me about the bank...
the bank is the best bank...they behave like uk banks... they don’t charge for using other banks ATM and many other charges like....ATM is free just like Uk banks

this is supposed to be a law... a customer isn’t supposed to be charged for using another banks terminal since ur ATM network isn’t wide enuf.... no bank has ATM within a 10block mile radius hence these charges are not justified.....but this is Nigeria ....a lot of things are illegal
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by smasher1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
Goldencheese:
May be you didn't notice or you get anointing for head that made them overlook you. Every 1,000 and above I send out or that is paid to me, they jejeli remove their N50 stamp duty. I don resign to fate.

It is well!

v

Your account is current account that is why. Use savings accounts to avoid that charge. The person you quoted is correct.

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Goldencheese(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2019
smasher1:
v

Your account is current account that is why. Use savings accounts to avoid that charge. The person you quoted is correct.

Thanks @Smasher1, I appreciate your kind responses loads. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by ihitenansa: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2019
Celebsnews:
Wow. Insightful...

Meanwhile, meet fast rising child actor, Little Daniella. Trust me, you would love her after watching this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLziZ850q7Y
she's all grown now

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Digitalcreator(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
For example 50 naira times 10million people in a month thats like 500million in one month. Lol...

Shabi una no wan get sense..
Farmers

Lets revolt una no gree.
U all just want to stay at home and tweet nigerians problem!!! Lolouder

Some of you people who have money will be thinking if the worst come to worse you will travel out of the country.. Na there alll of una go die!! Because you have not clear your country of corruption you want to go and mess up another mans land. Them go kill una finish.. This is just the begining..
To me there is no billionaire in this counry no millionaire.. Nothing! Just bunch of afraid kids in sponge bob square pants. You think your money will save you?

If only we have youths like me ..strategic thinkers and visionaries, countries are building planets ordinary roads we can not maintain..

You say you have money , you are poping Campagne instead of creating innovations and recruiting inspired minds. You are buying table for 5 and table for 10. You go soon hear am..

Shabi una no wan get sense grin

3 Likes

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by actrinity(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:

No it is just now, I have been using POS for ages without issue, until last week and I started seeing extra N50
it has been long they started it. for 2yrs now, every transaction I made online, like transfer, they takes #50. may be ure just noticing it now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
God will punish all the people that are still supporting this docile government run by clowns. In fact thunder fire of una

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Celebsnews: 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2019
ihitenansa:
she's all grown now

Yeah. Subscribe for more.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by JubrinElSudan: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:

Amen oo, but they just started deducting the N50, because I monitor my account, I will not have called bank if it has been on and I use POS allmost everyday.
Who are they charging? The POS agent or the customer that made transaction with a POS. Example, I go to Shoprite and pay with my card, whose #50 are they deducting, mine or shoprite?
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by cmecproblem(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
They charge N52 actually..so this is a downgrade which is good.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by guidelight: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
Next level things!
Ironically, as the next level constriction continues successful like this, it won't take long before the great exchange...
Hailers will turn to wailers
And vice versa..

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by RTSC: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
Anytime, my taxes are deducted from my wages, it pisses me off.
Not because of the taxes, but because I am paying it to this freaking buhari govt.

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by RTSC: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Who are they charging? The POS agent or the customer that made transaction with a POS. Example, I go to Shoprite and pay with my card, whose #50 are they deducting, mine or shoprite?
Yours.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by JubrinElSudan: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
RTSC:

Yours.
Interesting and I withdrew with my current account ATM card yesterday via POS. I have deleted the Alert they sent, I didn't check if they charged the #50
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Temptee101(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
This shiit can't happen in a more civilised clime, I just tire for Nigerians. Everyone is afraid of dying yet very few are living

Oh Lord! Who will savage this country

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by jozee8: 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
I am just wandering when are we going to rise in unity and face these our so called leaders in this country?
Oh, Yeah I get it, you have food on your table so you don't care if your neighbor is starving, ok you have a flourishing business so why would you want to join the 'touts' on the street
You're right, you're a muslim, and the president is also a Muslim so you won't say anything that will make a mockery of Islam, the list is just endless
Las.. Las we all go learn by affliction since we've refused to learn by instructions!

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by joymayour(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
if u are working on d canter in a bank you bette start to bank u bag if u dont have big canopy to hide under, because some of us we now be patronizing once in a month and use d local kolo instead of paying that 50 bucks men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
somehow:
Had this issue with FCMB which made me dump them
None of my other banks charge me.

The others charge you too but they make sure you don't see the money going out.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by faceland: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
Criminal.

Now someone in FIRS would buy a new car with the sweat of the poor man's 'stamp duty'.

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Advancedman(m): 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
Omooba77:
Government now charge people for spending money through POS and they are shouting cashless

They want to force people to be carrying cash and provide Job for their political thugs cum robbers.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by globalresource: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Goldencheese:
May be you didn't notice or you get anointing for head that made them overlook you. Every 1,000 and above I send out or that is paid to me, they jejeli remove their N50 stamp duty. I don resign to fate.

It is well!

I use pos I don’t get that deduction before now
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by faceland: 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Interesting and I withdrew with my current account ATM card yesterday via POS. I have deleted the Alert they sent, I didn't check if they charged the #50

I receive double text. The first telling me the transfer was successful, and another saying 50 bucks was debited.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Dbeautyy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Initially, it was 50 Naira stamp duties on the entire transaction for the day. But now you pay 50 Naira on each transaction provided it is 1k upward. And with ds, bank charges is not yet added o.

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
beambally:

yes, the guy you quoted is correct, stamp duty on deposit of over 1k have been on for over 2 yrs for pple using current accounts and not savings account, maybe u don't monitor you account.but this new policy is talking to web & POS merchants, for any settlement they receive daily , the bank will unbundle dat settlement (because transaction settlement are lumped together) for every transaction above 1k the merchant will get debited for stamp duty, if u v done 100 transactions above 1k, u get debited 5k for stamp duty.

That would kill pos activity altogether. The charges will be on the payer's end, not the payee.

Multiple taxes are being stealthily introduced via the banks because Buhari, Abba Kyari & Daura (the triumvirate currently ruling Nigeria) think that's the only way to balance the budget. But if these three evil 'leaders' were to be honest with themselves, they would realize that the budget itself can be cut by as much as a third, by stripping off extraneous expenses in the form of duplicated parastatals, agencies and white elephant projects.

1 Like

Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by faceland: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Digitalcreator:
For example 50 naira times 10million people in a month thats like 500million in one month. Lol...

Shabi una no wan get sense..
Farmers

Lets revolt una no gree.
U all just want to stay at home and tweet nigerians problem!!! Lolouder

Some of you people who have money will be thinking if the worst come to worse you will travel out of the country.. Na there alll of una go die!! Because you have not clear your country of corruption you want to go and mess up another mans land. Them go kill una finish.. This is just the begining..
To me there is no billionaire in this counry no millionaire.. Nothing! Just bunch of afraid kids in sponge bob square pants. You think your money will save you?

If only we have youths like me ..strategic thinkers and visionaries, countries are building planets ordinary roads we can not maintain..

You say you have money , you are poping Campagne instead of creating innovations and recruiting inspired minds. You are buying table for 5 and table for 10. You go soon hear am..

Shabi una no wan get sense grin

Go and do a one man protect. I would love to read your story on Nairaland front page of how police reconstructed your face from a black man to a Chinese. Who knows, you might inspire someone.
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by InvertedHammer: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
/
Did I hear wailing?

Thanks Pa Buhari.

Next time squeeze the balls harder.

Nigerians must learn.

/
Re: 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira by Acidosis(m): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
Seun:
Sadly, this is a regressive tax. Small transactions are hit harder than large transactions. An anti-poor-people tax.

Very true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) / Your Skrill/Neteller Account | Support Thread / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.