Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,817 members, 7,831,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive (2517 Views)

Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court / Sokoto And Her 4 States While Lagos Is Still One / APC Presidential Rally, Sokoto And Kebbi (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 3:09am On Nov 09, 2010
chyz:

Delta state does not move when itsekiri moves so the way you put it is incorrect. whatever itsekiri does na their own business. Don't say Delta State, There are igbos from delta state and they will definitely go with their brothers. Also there is Urhobo/Isoko in Delta State and they have a mind of their own. Once again We are talking about ND Republic also so keep that in mind. And Warri is a volital area you cannot call warri by itsekiri. The Olu there is olu of his own people, not "Warri".

There is no way you can force them to declare independence and then join Biafra, lol. When you divide a country, people get to go where they want. If the Itsekiri say no, they have enough people within Warri to block a vote. Remember, usually the United Nations requires something like 75%+ or some other really high number when voting. There is no way you are going to get the required number to cause Warri or Delta to join Biafra if the Itsekiri block it.

It isn't simple majority vote.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 3:09am On Nov 09, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

itsekiri is a dialect of ijebu

but they oringnated from the benin kingdom

ijaw people are not the 4th largest ethnic group, it is just a political slogan by obj

ijaws are not the owner of warri

The title one of the city's traditional ruler, the Olu of Warri, was formerly known as the Olu of Itsekiri. When the title was changed by Awolowo's Western Nigeria government from Olu of Itsekiri to Olu of Warri in 1952, members of the other tribes (Urhobos, Isokos and Ijaws) saw this as an attempt to impose an Itsekiri ruler over them.[1] The title dispute has led to series of clashes between the tribes in Warri over sovereignty.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 3:13am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

There is no way you can force them to declare independence and then join Biafra, lol. When you divide a country, people get to go where they want. If the Itsekiri say no, they have enough people within Warri to block a vote. Remember, usually the United Nations requires something like 75%+ or some other really high number when voting. There is no way you are going to get the required number to cause Warri or Delta to join Biafra if the Itsekiri block it.

It isn't simple majority vote.

Duh,about the people wanting to go where they want. I pointed that out for you long ago.Look drop the Igbo sentiment, you are the only one stuck on the Biafra stuff we are discuss itsekiri and ND Republic. Now show me anywhere where i talked about itsekiri going to Biarfra or people being forced against their will. Point it out so we can get this thing going.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Beaf: 3:14am On Nov 09, 2010
jason12345:

am itsekiri ooooo! we are not going with the igbos and ijaws to any biafra!!!

just wanted to make that clear. by the way, warri is not, i repeat not ijaw land. if it was, we wouldn't have olu of warri

Dude, calm down. That title is Awolowo's curse on Warri, the capital of Itsekiri land is called Ode Itsekiri, in fact the land the Olu's palace is on was bought from an Urhobo man. Before Awo came in with his madness, that title was Olu of Itsekiri. The reason why the Itsekiri's have been at war with Urhobo and Ijaw and is that they are the only ones who do not aknowledge that Ijaw people gave all of us land (Isoko, Urhobo and Itsekiri).

That said, we should be putting all that behind and forging a new future.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 3:18am On Nov 09, 2010
chyz:

Duh,about the people wanting to go where they want. I pointed that out for you long ago.Look drop the Igbo sentiment, you are the only one stuck on the Biafra stuff we are discuss itsekiri and ND Republic. Now show me anywhere where i talked about itsekiri going to Biarfra or people being forced against their will. Point it out so we can get this thing going.

The same applies to issues that occur in forming a hypothetic ND Republic. None of the individual groups can be railroaded, they'll have to come up with an equitable consensus that they all agree on.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 3:19am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

The same applies to issues that occur in forming a hypothetic ND Republic. None of the individual groups can be railroaded, they'll have to come up with an equitable consensus that they all agree on.

Agreed.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Beaf: 3:24am On Nov 09, 2010
If there is an equitable union in which population is negated as a political intrument, ND people wouldnt mind being with the Igbo's. But I see an ND state as more likely and with the presence of Delta state people, we should be able to work out a system where etnic population does not count; that will be necessary to protect our smallest groups, the Itsekiri and the Isoko.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

If there is an equitable union in which population is negated as a political intrument, ND people wouldnt mind being with the Igbo's. But I see an ND state as more likely and with the presence of Delta state people, we should be able to work out a system where etnic population does not count; that will be necessary to protect our smallest groups, the Itsekiri and the Isoko.

who told u itsekiri is a small group
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Beaf: 3:42am On Nov 09, 2010
alj harem:

who told u itsekiri is a small group

Sometimes I think theres only beans between your ears, why don't you ask what you don't know?
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by becomrich4: 3:51am On Nov 09, 2010
which oil dey south east you make laugh. you be ogbologbo 419.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 3:52am On Nov 09, 2010
becomrich4:

You make all of us laugh. grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 3:53am On Nov 09, 2010
becomrich4:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 3:55am On Nov 09, 2010
Hrm, does anyone have approximate demographic figures for Delta State?

Anyway, this isn't the stone age. Even if the Itsekiri are only 10% of the population of the state, nobody is going to allow them to be railroaded. I guess it is helpful for a smaller group like the Itsekiri to have a big brother in the Yoruba. Not to mention that the rest of the world will be watching what occurs.

It shouldn't be hard to resolve the issues. If it turns out that Warri is not a majority Itsekiri city (which is almost certainly the case), then it would be unjust for the Itsekiri to have sole primacy there. However, this doesn't mean they will be enslaved in their own homeland. If necessary, downgrade the Olu of Warri to the Olu of Itsekiri. In exchange, the Ijaw should offer something as well. Give and take from both sides; we should be able to find a compromise that leaves everyone slightly unhappy, but mostly satisfied.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 3:55am On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

Sometimes I think theres only beans between your ears, why don't you ask what you don't know?
sharrp angry angry angry

do u know that itsekiri is the 5th largest group in nigeria after ijaw

there about 2-3million itsekiri so what are u talking about

do not check wikipedia becuase it can be edited any time
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 3:57am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Hrm, does anyone have approximate demographic figures for Delta State?

Anyway, this isn't the stone age. Even if the Itsekiri are only 10% of the population of the state, nobody is going to allow them to be railroaded. I guess it is helpful for a smaller group like the [b]Itsekiri to have a big brother [/b]in the Yoruba. Not to mention that the rest of the world will be watching what occurs.

It shouldn't be hard to resolve the issues. If it turns out that Warri is not a majority Itsekiri city (which is almost certainly the case), then it would be unjust for the Itsekiri to have sole primacy there. However, this doesn't mean they will be enslaved in their own homeland. If necessary, downgrade the Olu of Warri to the Olu of Itsekiri. In exchange, the Ijaw should offer something as well. Give and take from both sides; we should be able to find a compromise that leaves everyone slightly unhappy, but mostly satisfied.

and also the northerners and kanuris from the borno empire. angry angry angry angry
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 3:59am On Nov 09, 2010
alj harem:

sharrp angry angry angry

do u know that itsekiri is the 5th largest group in nigeria after ijaw

there about 2-3million itsekiri so what are u talking about

do not check wikipedia becuase it can be edited any time

The dumbest comment that I've heard all day.You must have got that information out of your azz. grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by jason12345: 4:01am On Nov 09, 2010
chyz:

The dumbest comment that I've heard all day.You must have got that information out of your azz. grin

i don't even understand the guy grin grin grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 4:05am On Nov 09, 2010
jason12345:

i don't even understand the guy grin grin grin
chyz:

what dumbest comment angry angry

i tell u the 5th largest group in nigeria is itsekiri of population of 2-3 million people

u people just want to classify them as ijaw,,,,, NO
they have rights also angry angry angry angry
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by EzeUche0(m): 4:10am On Nov 09, 2010
Lets be honest, the Itsekiri have powerful allies in the Yoruba. Many Yoruba consider these people as the same as them. Likewise, the Anioma Igbo have allies amongst the hinterland Igbo.

And I wonder how the Ijaw population jumped over the Itsekiri people to be native to Ondo State.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 4:12am On Nov 09, 2010
EzeUche0:

Lets be honest, the Itsekiri have powerful allies in the Yoruba. Many Yoruba consider these people as the same as them. Likewise, the Anioma Igbo have allies amongst the hinterland Igbo.

Yep. Any attempts to cheat them or oppress them will be vigorously opposed.

PS: How long have you been in PG County? How do you like it there? I'm surprised that you can live in the heart of Yorubaland in America and be so opposed to my people grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 4:15am On Nov 09, 2010
EzeUche0:

look, the sooner ikweerri, ika etc see themselves as one(igbo), the better it is for them in nigeria

if the igbos can not speak with one voice, then they would be politically irrelevant to nigeria

the ijaws are shifting igbos away from power, day by day
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 4:16am On Nov 09, 2010
alj harem:

what dumbest comment  angry angry

i tell u the 5th largest group in nigeria is itsekiri of population of 2-3 million people

Beccomerich you're very funny. We both know northerners no nothing about the tribes in the ND. They think we all are Igbo. You cover is really weak. Next time do better.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Beaf: 4:18am On Nov 09, 2010
alj harem:

what dumbest comment angry angry

You can't even understand that jason12345 is an Itsekiri guy, you're just wasting your bullets and tormenting your own brain! grin
Becomerich must be getting jealous that somebody can just drop out Sokoto state and destroy his hard earned reputation within a few short days!
Dude, I hail!

I've also got itsekiri blood from both my parents too.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by EzeUche0(m): 4:18am On Nov 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Yep. Any attempts to cheat them or oppress them will be vigorously opposed.

PS: How long have you been in PG County? How do you like it there? I'm surprised that you can live in the heart of Yorubaland in America and be so opposed to my people  grin

I been in PG County for 4 years. My parents had a house built in this county, and they gave it to my siblings and I since they enjoy living in Port Harcourt more. I like PG County, it is VERY black. A lot of wealthy Black Americans and Nigerians. And yes, there are a lot of Yorubas in PG County. I should of went to school in Houston where there are lot of Igbos. However, I have noticed more Igbos live in the Baltimore area than the DC area.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 4:19am On Nov 09, 2010
chyz:

Beccomerich you're very funny. We both know northerners no nothing about the tribes in the ND. They think we all are Igbo. You cover is really weak. Next time do better.

i am not becomrich, abi

what is ur problem with me becoming becomrich

i am not becomrich angry angry angry angry angry

i am tried of thisoooooo angry angry angry
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by jason12345: 4:19am On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

You can't even understand that jason12345 is an Itsekiri guy, you're just wasting your bullets and tormenting your own brain! grin
Becomerich must be getting jealous that somebody can just drop out Sokoto state and destroy his hard earned reputation within a few short days!
Dude, I hail!

I've also got itsekiri blood from both my parents too.

true!!! grin
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by EzeUche0(m): 4:21am On Nov 09, 2010
To be honest, I have always doubted the Ijaw population number. They cannot be the largest ethnic group in the South-South. The Ibibio, Annang, and Efik people have the numbers. I am not saying this, because I am half Igbo
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by Beaf: 4:24am On Nov 09, 2010
EzeUche0:

And I wonder how the Ijaw population jumped over the Itsekiri people to be native to Ondo State.

Ol' boy! the last thing any so called giant wants is to involve themseves in Delta state matters; it will end in tears (abi you no hear wetin small Tompolo do JTF?).
There's something about the people that makes them lions among men, when they say, "Warri no de carry last" you bera believe it o!
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by chyz(m): 4:27am On Nov 09, 2010
Does anybody have any information of how the Ijaws ended up in Ondo? I want to ask before i give my thoughts.
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by DapoBear(m): 4:30am On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

Ol' boy! the last thing any so called giant wants is to involve themseves in Delta state matters; it will end in tears (abi you no hear wetin small Tompolo do JTF?).
There's something about the people that makes them lions among men, when they say, "Warri no de carry last" you bera believe it o!

Well, there are always ways to involve yourself that are not obvious. Money, for one. It isn't as if Yoruba would be dumb enough to send a bunch of us directly to Warri and fight there or something.

EDIT: redundancies removed
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by aljharem(m): 4:30am On Nov 09, 2010
EzeUche0:

To be honest, I have always doubted the Ijaw population number. They cannot be the largest ethnic group in the South-South. The Ibibio, Annang, and Efik people have the numbers. I am not saying this, because I am half Igbo

ijaws are not even the largest ethnic group in nigerdelta

it just a political move by obj angry angry

there are isoko, itsekiri, efik, yorubas, igbos, ibibios, annang,ogoni,ekoi, esan, etc that made up nigerdelta

so how come ijaw is the largest of them

and with what population

lies i tell u, lies angry angry angry angry
Re: South East And South South Can Go With The Oil, Sokoto And Lagos Will Survive by EzeUche0(m): 4:32am On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

I agree with you. Delta state is too much for the Igbo. We will leave that to the Ika, Ukwuani and Anioma.

And we all know how you Warri boys get down. You wont see me claiming ownership of that town.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Lawmakers Who Fought During PDP Rebel Govs’ Visit To National Assembly / OAU Students Protest Against Jonthan, Barricade Convoy / President Jonathan Handshake Obasanjo (tout) At Niece's Wedding In Abuja -PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.