Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury (53336 Views)

Qatar 2022: Nkunku Ruled Out For France, After Suffering An Injury In Training / Osimhen To Undergo Surgery After Suffering A Fractured Cheekbone And Eye Socket / Ghanaian Boxer, Patrick Allotey Beats Up Spectator During A Football Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Vikkito(f): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
I really don't know the joy derived from watching people who don't have outstanding issues, fighting seriously. �
Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Vikkito(f): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Luckysbab:
Anthony Joshua right now.

Boxing can be irrational, in my opinion tho. How you go just dey fight person wey no provoke you
exactly my point.... I really don't understand

1 Like

Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Rebuke: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
A305:
In Chris Tucker's voice [He got knocked the f uck out!] See a CHEAP deal auto mobil down below.

Never will I ever have d guts to buy anything from yhur type. Na! never!

Yhu don't sound human. Sorry but the sad truth.

1 Like

Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Iretii0511(m): 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
ikennaf1:

Scientifically True. But impact still remains increased. It's like a hypothetic tennis ball and basket ball with the same weight, but different sizes. If you throw the tennis ball at someone's face, it will have a lesser impact compared to when the basket ball is thrown at the same person's face, at the same speed.

Another example... A shot put and javelin of same weight thrown at an object at same speed.... The javelin will record a higher pressure at point of contact, but the shotput will record greater damage.

Wrong bro. The sharp end of a cutlass will do more damage than the blur end. Reason? Surface area. In as much as object with same mass posses equal momentum, the one with smaller surface area will usually have a more damaging effect. This is the reason gloves were introduced into boxing. To protect the bones of ones hand from breaking. However, this result in more brain damage because it means a boxer can now throw more punches without getting his hands damaged.
Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Ajibade123(m): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
boxing is a very risky thing I don't see any fun in it..I wonder why some of our youth are running to boxing when we can easily be a farmer or any other thing

anyway of you are a gardener?? check out these gardening tips
https://explicitsuccess.com/gardening-business-ideas/
Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Fash20: 2:26am On Oct 18, 2019
Shit happens... I have seen worse knockouts... I you doubt, go on youtube and search for the best of Mike Tyson
Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by DUBES(m): 4:04am On Oct 18, 2019
I actually watched this fight live online and was impressed how the guy Day fought so well and was doing so well and if not for the knock outs he he had in 2 previous rounds, he would have beaten Conwell as he showed some sparks of giving the Champ a run for his money. And when he got knocked out I thought he would be fine later that night and to my greatest surprise he is no more. I’m so saddened cuz I saw him fight live and a huge fan of boxing but we need to question the sports and risks of mortality. No one should die like this since it is a combat sport. RIP Patrick Day, Boxing will really miss you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Klexzman: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2019
All die na die.
May his soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Boxer, Patrick Day Dies At 27, 4 Days After Suffering Brain Injury by Cigo1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hotzone:

Ur mumuness is classic! That dude didn’t receive the first class medical attention necessary for surgery and recovery but in wwe, medical assistance is in twinkle of ur finger and the best in the world! A little scratch on Broc lesnar from strong contender left a scar on his face but wwe has the best plastic surgeons and equipment in sport entertainment and recovery tubes which is really missing in boxing entertainment. Seth Rollling has sustained several internal injuries with bleeding but to everyone astonishment, he bounced back and that’s why u are warned not to try it at home such as pentagon or else u may kill ya self ?

How old are you sef? See how someone with data cannot just browse and know the truth. Ignorance is a choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs / Round Of 16 Fixtures At The 2019 Women's World Cup In France / Nigeria Vs Kenya : AWCON 2016 (4 - 0) On 26th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.