Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. (2200 Views)

Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / Looking For A Script Like Nairaland For My Small Ghanaian Forum / My Small Web Project :: Webmasters See Dis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 4:32am On Nov 20, 2010
dinggle:

The information you sent though helpful was not enough for me to ride.
From my understanding of building you a functioning website, we are looking at 6-8 pages to include the following:
* Home
* About
* Services
* Design & Manufacture (requires your acceptance)
* Previous Projects (requires your acceptance)
* Future Projects(requires your acceptance)
* Points of Sale
* Contact us

The Service page will highlight services you offer, including, security alarm, camera etc.
* Since telecomm makes the most money for your firm, my plan is create page for your telecomm services readily visible on the top menu. The website will be CMS based as per your request and a simple to understand video link will be made available to your tech to become familiar with pix upload.

As a tax payer and a business owner, my fees are moderately streamlined to reflect cost of living here. I dont accept jobs that reflects my work as incomplete because of client's inability to pay for individual service that makes a design project whole & complete. It is my hope that a client either has the ability to do a service he/she is declining or has the intention of hiring a developer with lesser charge to complete the task. And the simple reason I dont is because I'm sold by my projects!!!

THE COST OF MY SERVICES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. Domain registration - $50 if name is available for purchase, cross purchasing could cost more if buying from someone who bought same name with the hope of selling for a profit.(Not applicable if client has a name already registered) However we do advise client on usefulness of a driven name. A driven name coupled with Web Marketing tools gives a website a functioning ability. We are not responsible if because of a dull name the website goes dull!

2. Mysql database configuration - $200 (Not applicable if client has server with Mysql )

3. PHP settings is free if working from my hosting server, if working with client's provided server - $100 to configure it for optimal operation.

4. General Web design and outlining with out scripting - $2000 (This price is based on my evaluation of designing a communication website for a small company)

5. Favicon trademark breeding and insertion - $350

6. Web Marketing (Includes: Google add-on, twitter add-on with a unique twitter design, LinkedIn add-on, Facebook add-on) $600 (Web Marketing firms charge up to $1500 for their services) As It is useless to stock goods with out having buyers so it is to build a website without web marketing for users to find out what it is about.

7. Web Scripting Service - $800 (Not applicable if client has scripted content readily available)

8. Logo design - $300 ( Not applicable if client has logo saved in a file and ready for upload)

9. Graphic Outline of company's name or front name - $200

Choose the service you want and compute it to know what it will cost you and post it for review.

If any area(s) require clarity pls ask me!!!!

Hopefully other in-house developers will also submit their estimate. This does not necessarily mean there is a job, but can be used as a learning process. That is my take, what's yours?

$2000 is four times what I was expecting to spend. I was thinking this would be like sending projects to India. I am self hosting on a linux server. I have apache php, ftps, and mysql in place. $200 to build a data base?

The pages I need are home, services, price quotes, about us, contact us.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dinggle: 2:24am On Nov 21, 2010
If I was in Nigeria my services would be a lot cheaper, my advice is that you give the job to our local designers because apart from the fact that I have my hands full I believe our local designers can equally do a good Job. Where they fall short I will be available to give advice services for free.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by yawatide(f): 3:43am On Nov 21, 2010
geez! This post don reach 2 pages? Na wa o!
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by ulotoyebta: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2010
I like all of the post. what should a project like this cost? How do I pay you I am in the united states.

I can accept Payment through PAYPAL from you since you're in the US but first i need to send you a questionnaire to better understand your web design needs. That way i can tell you exactly what it will cost you.

You can text me your email address so i can mail you the questionnaire.

My fone number is 2348036309027

Regards

Tolu
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by tripledub: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2010
Hello B- -D,

I will advice you to give the contract to a white guy ok, if U need your moneys worth and most of all a wonderful KISSSSSSS from a Santa Claus in your Clients Home town. Naija Guys lack what it tales to design a professional web page. I have opened almost 99% of all the sites listed on this thread and to tell you the truth, they take more than 700 hours to load on my browser (Internet Explorer cool Windows XP Pentium IV.

A word is enough for the wise.
[size=8pt]
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by utimatedes(m): 12:51am On Nov 22, 2010
tripledub:

Hello B- -D,

I will advice you to give the contract to a white guy ok, if U need your moneys worth and most of all a wonderful KISSSSSSS from a Santa Claus in your Clients Home town. Naija Guys lack what it tales to design a professional web page. I have opened almost 99% of all the sites listed on this thread and to tell you the truth, they take more than 700 hours to load on my browser (Internet Explorer cool Windows XP Pentium IV.

[size=8pt]

I didn't want to response to your reply.
You are saying nonsense with confident. Because you are mentally ill and you don't believe in yourself that is why you don't believe in others.

You cannot used GPRS to browse and expert your internet speed to be as fast as that of V-sat or broadband.

Maybe you are using free browsing cheat.

We have alot of Nigerian design even on Nairaland that can give you a dynamic and professional design.

I check some sites here and I review some of them here, I can tell you categorically that something is wrong with your computer, internet connection or maybe there is virus on your system.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by DualCore1: 4:30am On Nov 22, 2010
This thread is turning out to be useless and a waste of time.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2010
tripledub:

Hello B- -D,

Now if i get your annoyin statement right, ur nonsensically saying Nigerian designers are quacks ehn? (i'm just here battling with the numerous abusive words, stopping em from manifesting from my fingers and on here).

U r a linkopop angry (if there's any word like that.)

i'm sure yur one of those[size=14pt] "I NO FIT PAY PASS 15,000 for website, even 15k too much" How d hell do you expect to get a gud job when ur so bent on paying coins?

infact, say u make me vex under this hot sun, na thunder go fire ur enemy.
mcheewwwww.

wat he heck is it that the whites are doing that even me personally cant do in a twinkle?

u be baboon in short. angry mcheewwww, (dis guy don make me vex na.)
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by utimatedes(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2010
That stupid boy need to be crucified! shocked shocked
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by SpikesC1: 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
tripledub:

Hello B- -D,

[size=8pt]

foollish fool, idiot,rascal,slowpoke. hopeless idiot. i blame you. this age you still dey use windows xp pentium 4 and get mouth to dey yarn am for here. It is because of your kind that those white asses insult us, because you can't even be proud of who you are. do you think he would send you a mail thanking you for your kind gesture and maybe send you a thousand dollars for your foolish job well done. na because of your kind wey your mama and papa no fit pay for your school fees. Can't even brand your self and sell higher. i bet you are using freedom or IWP or even a stupid 5th hand phone. Check out skoola.com, it is your mate that spent his time creating such while you sit at home wasting your hopeless,useless life. Idiot
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by Slyr0x: 3:28am On Nov 23, 2010
K
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by healthy: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2010
Lets see if the project is on, we can help you set it up with Joomla. And our partner in India can help you do it with Drupal Perfectly. And sure, it will be so attractive.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by webbrain07: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
I am the WebProf! All I have to say is that is there anyone who wants to be professional advance database driven web developer using open source cms, like joomla, after our training we will give you our compendium that contains hundreds of extension that will make you not having limits, you will also have artisteer for designing all kinds of open source templates from the scratch without any form of programming. our solution for designing is so simple even your 9 year couson can do it, NO programming involved, you can design sites like www.uniport.edu.ng, www.webimania.com, www.facebook.com, jambonline.org and many more withing four hours, 100% money back guarantee, for details visit www.webbrainconsults.com or call 08031977935, taking you from novice to professional
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by time4time: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
tripledub:

I have opened almost 99% of all the sites listed on this thread and to tell you the truth, they take more than 700 hours to load on my browser,
[size=8pt]

I agree with you as regards the delayed response in opening of the sites, apart from those that claimed to design yahoo, the remaining sites are an embarrassment to web designers/developers.
But guy, i'll advice that you do not attack my country on NAIRALAND cos if u do angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dbehi(m): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2010
Hi, My name is Mr. Chris Diamond,Our company is into Web Design/Hosting, Software Development, based in Abuja, Nigeria with a branch Office in Accra, Ghana. We await your calls: +2348164825070, +2348153268221. Thanks
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2010
dbehi:

Hi, My name is Mr. Chris Diamond,Our company is into Web Design/Hosting, Software Development, based in Abuja, Nigeria with a branch Office in Accra, Ghana. We await your calls: +2348164825070, +2348153268221. Thanks

waiting for his response when he's about posting the URL of the finished job? lol,  your a late comer.

time4time:

I agree with you as regards the delayed response in opening of the sites, apart from those that claimed to design yahoo, the remaining sites are an embarrassment to web designers/developers.
But guy, i'll advice that you do not attack my country on NAIRALAND cos if u do angry angry angry angry angry angry

I understand you cant take a joke,  i no blame u.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by utimatedes(m): 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Bug24: Bros please leave these set of unfortunate people alone, there are just here to waste our time. There are waste product of this our great country Nigeria.

That is why they can move forward
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by jmoore(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
which kind experiment be this MR poster?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing / Post On Nairaland And Earn 10k / Top 10 Classified Sites In Nigeria 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.