Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing (2200 Views)

Promo Nigeria Or Addynamo Which Is Best To Advertise / Promo Nigeria Publishers Review And Payout For October / Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by ellistmedia: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
Bloggers crying foul, can post their publishers ID on this thread, and I will openly review your account here. Every account banned or deleted from our network is truly a fraud account. Post your pub ID

I am a member of the Promo Nigeria Team. Firstly I will like to introduce the platform and how we came about it.

The initial plan of the Promo Nigeria digital advertising platform wasn't to develop a publishers' network. It was a small advertising project to help clients place ads on premium blogs and websites. We had just about 7 websites our clients' ads were being placed on. The goal of the platform was to help small companies test out digital advertising using very low budgets. We launched the platform early last month and we started having applications from more premium websites who wanted to add an additional revenue source to their website and to also support SMEs.

Due to the huge demand from more website owner, we decided to quickly automate the publishers application process, hence we finally came up with the publishers network. The network was to pay up to N10 per click as we usually would collect at most N17 per click from the advertiser, but then there were not much adverts to accommodate the over 3,000 blogs and websites that joined the network within 4weeks.

Rather than serve non-paying ads or 'no-ads' on these websites, we decided to run discounts and price slashes to encourage more advertisers to come on board. Advertisers were charged during this period about N7/click and N5 from this was to be paid to all publishers.

The growth of the network was amazing but that also came with a cost outside our budget which was already used up. We had to move from a shared host to a dedicated server $2,400/year but that also couldn't hold the rising traffic. We finally settle for a dedicated server of about $3,840/year.

Was a fraud detection technology added? NO!

The system was built with little or minimal fraud detection algorithm. It was porous, but that became a blessing in disguise, people were clicking into millions of naira within few days and they went out blogging about us as the next big hit in Nigeria. More bloggers trooped in. ASUU strike also added a push as over 50% of the publishers on the network are students using crazy wapsites and naijaloaded clone scripts to rip the system of some quick money. All they needed to do is create a blog and start clicking the Promo Nigeria Ads.

Due to the click bombing activities from publishers, most advertisers had to opt out because they were seeing gigantic total clicks which never resulted to a reasonable ROI on their ads. At this point we had to quickly develop a fraud detection algorithm to help rescue the network; partially completed, but was still able to fish out the fraud publishers from the credible ones because there was no time left before the payout date.

The future of Promo Nigeria

We very much believe in the Nigeria dream. If google can do it, we can too smiley but though in a more simplistic and basic level. Technology is expensive and we would love to be small and serve our clients (advertisers) better. A couple of hundreds of thousands monthly in revenue is sufficient for us. We live in a small town with very low cost of living and doing business.

Promo Nigeria Ad is an additional(secondary) income source to the publisher not a primary source.

Payouts for September
All qualified publishers will be paid tomorrow Monday 30th Sept.
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by Femiskyrock: 12:34am On Sep 30, 2013
you suspend my account I don't know my offence, I have 7+ there.. My pub Id is 697 username is femiskyrock
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by ellistmedia: 6:28am On Sep 30, 2013
Femiskyrock: you suspend my account I don't know my offence, I have 7+ there.. My pub Id is 697 username is femiskyrock

None of the websites recorded for your account is valid but yet you have over 232,000 ad impressions and 915 clicks. The system also recorded 1,242 fraud instances for this account.

Where precisely did you get these ad views and also clicks because the website you used during your application exambase.tk is not even opening.

See the list of websites where you displayed our ads:
bigzh.com, huck04.com, surfall.net, a-14.com, facebookoxy.com, exambase.tk, kuzap.com

Bulk of these websites are proxy browsers, most likely you used to generate lot of fraud IPs to fool the system. If you are truly doing the right thing, we won't ban you.

See screenshot of your account stats.

Note: We don't accept wapsites, MTN, GLO, AIRTEL Cheat sites, Naijaloaded clone sites etc. These sites simply waste our publishers money. Hardworking bloggers are so easy to detect, you don't need a fraud detection technology to tell that.

1 Like

Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by freemanbiz(m): 7:18am On Sep 30, 2013
I love the way you do your analysis keep it up and you'll earn my loyalty soon at https://writersking.com
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by Femiskyrock: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2013
oops that's not my site..... My site url is extraloaded.com check d account very well I don't click on my ads my email is femiskyrock@gmail.com , check the account very well is nt my account Ok.. M nt d owner of dose site I don't know anything about it, that's not my account

Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by dharmmy16: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Ma account was also flagged and am having 8k + which was beat down to 4k and later flagged again..... I didn't clicked on ma ads myself.... My pub id 324
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by ellistmedia: 8:28am On Sep 30, 2013
freemanbiz: oops that's not my site..... My site url is extraloaded.com check d account very well I don't click on my ads my email is femiskyrock@gmail.com , check the account very well is nt my account Ok.. M nt d owner of dose site I don't know anything about it, that's not my account.

Extraloaded is not registered to Pub-697. Extraloaded.com is registered to Pub-317. You must have created several publishers account which is a violation of our policy. The fraud detectors bans every member with multiple accounts. There are no reason creating multiple applications on the Promo Nigeria network, doing so is a clear indication you have no regard for platform.
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by Femiskyrock: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2013
am not using 317 again .. v contact ya administrator, review 697 and unban me..
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by yomalex(m): 8:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Good day kindly check pub-239 Earnings reduced from 49x.00 to 172 thereabouts
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by dharmmy16: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2013
Abeg review ma acct 324 for me and unban me asap.......
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by ellistmedia: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2013
dharmmy16: Ma account was also flagged and am having 8k + which was beat down to 4k and later flagged again..... I didn't clicked on ma ads myself.... My pub id 324

I just concluded the review of your account. These are the reasons why your account was banned:

1. You have been clicking the ads yourself. The fraud alert system recorded 19 instances you clicked on the ad.
2. 90% of your earnings came from a single day, where you had over 900 clicks with a CTR over 200%.

Check your regular page views which is below 100 per day but yet, you were able to get over 1,000 clicks. It is too obvious a fraud. Again your account don't need a fraud detector to fish it out. The stats are obviously too clear.

See account stats screenshot below:

Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by gosifechris: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2013
hehe*thats crapp,you really believe in naija future and you slash due payments...anyway i will try again but i will wait to see how many co_bloggerz gat their payment on your amazing payday...wishing you luck,

if you wish me shaa
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by gosifechris: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2013
now,if you are this smart,check out my account with my stats and tell me what you think...

Pub id 511
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by ibietela2(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2013
Funny Stats, some with an earnings of 500k when they are even trying to make $1/day from adsense. Any i will suggest you guys get a better system and change that your ads format to standard format, if you can use javascript to generate ads code like addynamo it will be great.
The 2k5 you want us to pay before we use the coupon is too high fb charges $1, addynamo $7 ,adword $5. When you make payment let me know so i can join you. Try to place advert inviting other advertisers. Try this script www.inoutscripts.com/products/adserver/
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by JiggaMouse(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
Today september 30th has (almost) ended. So where are the people that got paid?

Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by gosifechris: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
haba,y my own dey pursue you @ op?post my stats let everybody see it and if you add or remove anything,i will present them with the slashed stats....Moderators close this thread by 2morrow if he cant
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by donclark(m): 4:14am On Oct 17, 2013
I love your visions and I must commend you guys. I believe you know google adsense and other adservers do not permit wapsites because of such fraud activities. So I wonder why you guys let that happen. I support you guys and would love to work for you guys in anyway i can. All the best guys, I see your dreams come true.
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by WebclickNG: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
I think it is a welcome development. I belief in local content and the Nigeria project. Let us encourage ourself.
I am please with the response I had from my advert. I will soon create time to see how I can promote the program on my numerous blog

Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by dheaven: 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Now I know why we wasted N15k advertisin in promo Nig. This fake clicks affected we the first people that patronized the company. Very unfortunate then.
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by deloon(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Still looking for an encouraging and current review.
Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by sportbetcodes(m): 9:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
ellistmedia:

I am a member of the Promo Nigeria Team. Firstly I will like to introduce the platform and how we came about it.

The initial plan of the Promo Nigeria digital advertising platform wasn't to develop a publishers' network. It was a small advertising project to help clients place ads on premium blogs and websites. We had just about 7 websites our clients' ads were being placed on. The goal of the platform was to help small companies test out digital advertising using very low budgets. We launched the platform early last month and we started having applications from more premium websites who wanted to add an additional revenue source to their website and to also support SMEs.

Due to the huge demand from more website owner, we decided to quickly automate the publishers application process, hence we finally came up with the publishers network. The network was to pay up to N10 per click as we usually would collect at most N17 per click from the advertiser, but then there were not much adverts to accommodate the over 3,000 blogs and websites that joined the network within 4weeks.

Rather than serve non-paying ads or 'no-ads' on these websites, we decided to run discounts and price slashes to encourage more advertisers to come on board. Advertisers were charged during this period about N7/click and N5 from this was to be paid to all publishers.

The growth of the network was amazing but that also came with a cost outside our budget which was already used up. We had to move from a shared host to a dedicated server $2,400/year but that also couldn't hold the rising traffic. We finally settle for a dedicated server of about $3,840/year.

Was a fraud detection technology added? NO!

The system was built with little or minimal fraud detection algorithm. It was porous, but that became a blessing in disguise, people were clicking into millions of naira within few days and they went out blogging about us as the next big hit in Nigeria. More bloggers trooped in. ASUU strike also added a push as over 50% of the publishers on the network are students using crazy wapsites and naijaloaded clone scripts to rip the system of some quick money. All they needed to do is create a blog and start clicking the Promo Nigeria Ads.

Due to the click bombing activities from publishers, most advertisers had to opt out because they were seeing gigantic total clicks which never resulted to a reasonable ROI on their ads. At this point we had to quickly develop a fraud detection algorithm to help rescue the network; partially completed, but was still able to fish out the fraud publishers from the credible ones because there was no time left before the payout date.

The future of Promo Nigeria

We very much believe in the Nigeria dream. If google can do it, we can too smiley but though in a more simplistic and basic level. Technology is expensive and we would love to be small and serve our clients (advertisers) better. A couple of hundreds of thousands monthly in revenue is sufficient for us. We live in a small town with very low cost of living and doing business.

Promo Nigeria Ad is an additional(secondary) income source to the publisher not a primary source.

Payouts for September
All qualified publishers will be paid tomorrow Monday 30th Sept.

Here is a screen shot of my account. after sending numerous messages concerning what i get per click and impression. besides, u advertised adnation in $.

Re: Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing by semasir: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Promo Nigeria is somehow funny though.....even with over 30,000+ views and 10+ clicks in a day, the pay has been discouraging but I commend the admin efforts and challenge him to review the company's pricing

See the attached screenshot to consider my plights even with 90,000+ page views I a day

(1) (Reply)

Post On Nairaland And Earn 10k / How To Create Online Shipping Website With Tracking / Responsive Web Design(rwd) With Bootstrap Frontend Framework Overview (samples)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.