Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,475 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Behaviour Of Men During A Fight - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Behaviour Of Men During A Fight (1645 Views)

Women Submit TV Remote Control To Men During Family Handover Ceremony / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by DortmundGirl(f): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
I've come to see many different ways of argument between man and woman around me and out of personal experience.

- some do beat the woman during fight, it's a no go to me,

- some discuss for days, yell and scream. I don't like it so much, am a calm person,

-some totally ignore each other for days and don't speak to each other, can you stand it??

I prefer discussing after a fight and look for solutions together. What's your opinion on that??
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
shocked

That’s what happen when you marry an alpha male or a man that has anger issues
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by crackhaus: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
DortmundGirl:
I've come to see many different ways of argument between man and woman around me and out of personal experience.

- some discuss for days, yell and scream. I don't like it so much, am a calm person,

-some totally ignore each other for days and don't speak to each other, can you stand it??

I prefer discussing after a fight and look for solutions together.
Immediately after, hours after, or days after? cheesy
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by fykes(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
I prefer to shred her clothes while she's still angry and have her both mad and moaning.

Nothing beats it... Nothing left to settle after it

5 Likes

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by DortmundGirl(f): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
crackhaus:

Immediately after, hours after, or days after? cheesy

Maybe after some hours
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by crackhaus: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
DortmundGirl:

Maybe after some hours
Okay, makes sense.
But partly dependent on how fast the other person is able to cool off.
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by nlPoster: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
DortmundGirl:

I prefer discussing after a fight and look for solutions together. What's your opinion on that??

Why are you asking for my opinion and how many men are the subject of your study?
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by internationalman(m): 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2019
I have realized that after every altercation with my girlfriend, her love for me grows stronger than before...

I like that euphoria of me having to apologize and being a tender hearted person that she is she waste no time forgiving and forgetting..

The sex aftermath is mind-blowing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Donald3d(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
fykes:
I prefer to shred her clothes while she's still angry and have her both mad and moaning.

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2019
Plead:
shocked

That’s what happen when you marry an alpha male or a man that has anger issues

I think the word Alpha-male has been used and abused and overused on this forum.

Alpha-male isn't synonymous with anger and brute force.

2 Likes

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
fykes:

Evil cheesy

1 Like

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by DortmundGirl(f): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2019
fykes:

Sounds like a good way too
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by DortmundGirl(f): 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
nairalandposter:

Why are you asking for my opinion and how many men are the subject of your study?

I'm curious that's why. I had in total 3 different men, but experience from my girlfriends also counts into it.
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Donald3d(m): 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2019
DortmundGirl:

Let's be honest, arguments are inevitable . The focus should be on why the arguments are being made, in what manner they are being made.
Overtime, couples who communicate effectively, would stop arguing, because arguments are as a result of misunderstandings. Simply put, not understanding each other, or not understanding the current situation, or having a different perspective on the issue at hand, or to further simply put, gradually learning more about each other.

Raising of voices on each other should be ruled out, physical abuse should be ruled out, sitting down and actually talking to each other, is the right thing to do.
I know its easier said than done, but couples should always ask each other these basic questions :

1.If I shout on him/her, would this issue be resolved ?
2.Is there a better way of communicating my displeasure about the current situation ?
3.Is the issue worth talking or arguing about in the first place ?
4.What could possibly go wrong if I use this mode of argument/ registering my displeasure

Number 3 is very important, many arguments, can be avoided because they are things that can just be over looked. I am an advocate for not overlooking things because they could gradually grow to become bigger problems. But there are some very petty things couples argue over, that they could just give each other a warm kiss and let slide.

No matter how much couples argue, they should keep one rule, it works wonders, never go to bed / work / school without reconciling, never transfer the grudges of today to tomorrow.

God himself understands that we are emotional beings, that's why Ephesians 4:26 says

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath"

Controlled anger, is an art that should be learnt by everyone, overtime its one of the most important and valuable habits one can possess, especially married couples.

Sex is also a great antidote for anger, find a way to have at least a session, I know its easier said than done, but just try grin
When you are done, you both have a heart to heart conversation of what you are both displeased about .Everybody is calm at that point.Apologize to each other, without regard to who was wrong or right.

Other great antidotes are pausing and thinking, temporary silence, pause for a few minutes, drink water, calm down, think, re-evaluate the situation.You might even be the wrong person, and your partner may be right about what is causing the argument.

A lot of arguments that spiral out of control isn't really because of what is being argued about, but the manner in which the displeasure is communicated.The tone in your voice should be modulated in a way that it doesn't have hostility written all over it.

I know, its easier said than done, hence the need for self-control.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Donald3d(m): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
FrLukas:

I think the word Alpha-male has been used and abused and overused on this forum.

Alpha-male isn't synonymous with anger and brute force.

Exactly !

1 Like

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by DonroxyII: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
DortmundGirl:

I raised my voice and argue it out .... I love constructive criticism though, if I give you fire, Fire me back (Ma lo nogede with me ) ..... I always know when I am wrong , I won't surrender though ....... I always work woman's head to prove their point beyond reasonable doubt ....... I can exhaust person sha oo !!

If I am wrong, I would later come closer and apologise (it usually have sweet ending) ..... My turn off is for women that argue out of point and some women who fail to admit their wrongs (Stone cold girls) !!
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by DortmundGirl(f): 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
Well thanks for many responses.

My last guy used to play the silent card after every fight, sometimes he wouldn't talk to me for a good week. I really hated this way, since I'm more open and know where to stop. His action destroyed my love.

My best friends husband used to beat her up regularly, she came to work quite often with blue eyes! Thank god she left him after 3 kids..

And finally my neighbours quarrel so loud the whole street can hear them...

Actually they brought up this topic in me, cause they fight like almost every week...

Thanks for all your replies. My favourite is making love after fight, that sounds quite nice
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by fykes(m): 9:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
DortmundGirl:

Sounds like a good way too
Believe me it's d best way.... It never fails. She won't even be getting mad at u again, she knows how it'll end

1 Like

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by fykes(m): 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Evil cheesy
Evil has its own good times...
Imagine channelling all the energy and tension and pent up frustration into sex?
Especially if ur girl is like mine... I don't mind being evil.
Why waste such energy being angry?

1 Like

Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by livebyday(m): 8:55am On Oct 18, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Evil cheesy

Sorry for addressing this here the romance spambot banned me for a day for using banned keywords

No I didn't create the thread the member was Express his opinion, which he has a right to do

Cheers
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Nat404: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2019
DortmundGirl:

LOL...I call that anticipation.
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2019
internationalman:

The sex aftermath is mind-blowing

LMAO Ashawo!
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by mysticgal(f): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2019
I think I prefer to discuss it right there and then. Tell you how I feel, let the other person give me his facts and he feels but then, don’t take it out till the next day or sleep in anger. I like to discuss how I feel or pour it out.

Any body that try’s that silent shiit on me or sleep in anger or let the fight be carried over to the next day, I’d give the person three openingS after then, ‘please let’s go our separate ways’. I can’t deal abeg angry angry
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by LOWLIFER: 7:02am On Nov 08, 2019
Marriage is full of knotty stuffs and complexities...
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by 24kmagic: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2019
I think this will be my undoing in any relationship that I will subsequently enter.

I have an unforgiving spirit. Like, I hardly forgive. Especially if the offender is a woman cos I just have this believe that all their fvck ups are on purpose.

I don't have anger issues, I just don't let things go easily. I just simply ignore you for as long as I can.

Where God come help me be say I no de physical with my reaction, if not I for kill person daughter.

I asked one of my female friends to connect me with one meek girl for a serious relationship. She said she will not look for a meek girl for me, that I will ride on her meekness.

She said what I need is a very stubborn, tough girl that will put me in my place. We Only spent three weeks together and she seems to understand me so much. I don't know if she's right though, but I need a woman that will understand this particular habit of mine and help me come out of it.

The way that I'm going, I think I will not last in any relationship, plus I think I might be a serial divorcée (God forbid).
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Ginaz(f): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2019
24kmagic:
I think this will be my undoing in any relationship that I will subsequently enter.

I have an unforgiving spirit. Like, I hardly forgive. Especially if the offender is a woman cos I just have this believe that all their fvck ups are on purpose.

I don't have anger issues, I just don't let things go easily. I just simply ignore you for as long as I can.

Where God come help me be say I no de physical with my reaction, if not I for kill person daughter.

I asked one of my female friends to connect me with one meek girl for a serious relationship. She said she will not look for a meek girl for me, that I will ride on her meekness.

She said what I need is a very stubborn, tough girl that will put me in my place. We Only spent three weeks together and she seems to understand me so much. I don't know if she's right though, but I need a woman that will understand this particular habit of mine and help me come out of it.

The way that I'm going, I think I will not last in any relationship, plus I think I might be a serial divorcée (God forbid).

You need to work on yourself by yourself alone . Don’t come and stress someone’s daughter cos of one yeye relationship with you. You’re an adult and you should work on your flaws , not look for a girl that would put up with your unforgivable character.

Do you know how emotionally draining your type can be? It’s a full time JOB. You better change before you marry , allow your future wife enjoy her marriage by changing your flaws.
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by Abujabir24: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2019
Honestly. Me and my wife we adopt the third option. The moment there's an argument btw us. Then we already know automatically that we won't sleep in the same room that day, and the next day too. And sometimes the following day.
Re: Behaviour Of Men During A Fight by 24kmagic: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ginaz:

You need to work on yourself by yourself alone . Don’t come and stress someone’s daughter cos of one yeye relationship with you. You’re an adult and you should work on your flaws , not look for a girl that would put up with your unforgivable character.

Do you know how emotionally draining your type can be? It’s a full time JOB. You better change before you marry , allow your future wife enjoy her marriage by changing your flaws.

I didn't say I was going to stress her. I said I want her to understand that that's a major flaw of mine. She'll get to enjoy me after making lots of sacrifices for me and helping me overcome this flaw will be the biggest sacrifice yet.

I'm a gentle, homely guy. But of course I'm human, I have my flaws. And this particular one takes centre stage.

It's not like I don't forgive at all but it just takes time, cos I believe women offend men on purpose.

The one I promise myself never to forgive no matter what is if she allows another guy dips his thing into her. Over my dead body will I forgive that.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Things That Kills Affection In Marriage? / He Lied About Genotype. Should He Be Forgiven? / Wishing To Send Money Indirectly To 10 People 7k Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.