Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

I Want To Be A Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Be A Mechanic (4452 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Never Trust A Mechanic, My Experience With A Close One / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
So, today i started learning how to fix cars with our local mechanic,this thread is to share my experiences, i will keep uploading pictures of my experiences and summary of what i have learnt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by timifakay(m): 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
So, today i started learning how to fix cars with our local mechanic,this thread is to share my experiences, i will keep uploading pictures of my experiences and summary of what i have learnt, i would have loved to start today but i am tired, promise to update the thread tomorrow grin

Way to go... He might teach you some things that are not the standard practice, but don't argue...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by aninweze(m): 10:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
Following.
I advice u get an obd 2 device, even the cheapest kind.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2019
If you really wanna be good at this. Focus on the German cars and focus on the electronics aspect. German cars are so difficult that every other thing is just so easy. Trust me if you work on enough BMW's and Mercedes and you are very good at them you can work on any Toyota, Honda and Nissan provided you have the right information. They are just so easy when you compare.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 18, 2019
timifakay:

Way to go... He might teach you some things that are not the standard practice, but don't argue...
ok....very much noted.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2019
aninweze:
Following.
I advice u get an obd 2 device, even the cheapest kind.
thanks so much, i am working on that.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
If you really wanna be good at this. Focus on the German cars and focus on the electronics aspect. German cars are so difficult that every other thing is just so easy. Trust me if you work on enough BMW's and Mercedes and you are very good at them you can work on any Toyota, Honda and Nissan provided you have the right information. They are just so easy when you compare.
Unfortunately with what i saw, they only work on Japs......but i am working on learning in a modern auto workshop.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
Unfortunately with what i saw, they only work on Japs......but i am working on learning in a modern auto workshop.
Do not start learning to fix cars with the Japanese cars. They are damn too easy.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Mrford(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Do not start learning to fix cars with the Japanese cars. They are damn too easy.

You say? Op learn what's at your disposal. Nothing is easy. You only make it easy with constance practice.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by autologic: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
You started with what you have ,I like you spirit .
if you are in Lagos , you can buzz me up ,I might have something for you .

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by autologic: 10:32am On Oct 18, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

You can start with whatever is at your disposal ,all car share the same architect ,and same principle ,the same Knowledge being acquired to fix Japan can be used to fix German ,it all about practice and constantly seeking for knowledge

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by badoh(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
I hope they won't start asking you to go buy Amala for them cos you're their junior. They are notorious for that.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Mrford(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
badoh:
I hope they won't start asking you to go buy Amala for them cos you're their junior. They are notorious for that.

Very annoying habit.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by baaliyah(m): 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
badoh:

What is wrong with that.
I resigned as a sales manager at a dealership to learn Fashion designing. I ran all forms of errands for my boss and his stylists, even though they won't send me directly, but I would insist to do stuff for them. It made things much easier for me.
Guess what, the shop was just a stone throw from my former office.
@ op, do whatsoever you are asked to do and see them putting you through with ease.
I am happy I took that decision. Don't form OGA in another man's office, obey their rules. I wish you the best.

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Noted, i really appreciate.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
autologic:

You started with what you have ,I like you spirit .
if you are in Lagos , you can buzz me up ,I might have something for you .
I will definitely do that, i am in Lagos. Should i send you an email.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
badoh:
the day it happens, i will leave the workshop.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
baaliyah:

What is wrong with that.
I resigned as a sales manager at a dealership to learn Fashion designing. I ran all forms of errands for my boss and his stylists, even though they won't send me directly, but I would insist to do stuff for them. It made things much easier for me.
Guess what, the shop was just a stone throw from my former office.
@ op, do whatsoever you are asked to do and see them putting you through with ease.
I am happy I took that decision. Don't form OGA in another man's office, obey their rules. I wish you the best.
Thank you i really appreciate.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by autologic: 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
I will definitely do that, i am in Lagos. Should i send you an email.
WhatsApp
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2019
Update coming soon.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2019
UPDATE: First of all, i want to apologize for abandoning this thread for a long while, the learning process has been time consuming coupled with my personal responsibilities i have to meet up with AM SORRY��.....so straight to the update.
Firstly i will like to appreciate autologic for the opportunity he gave me to learn at his workshop , I really appreciate sir.Am sure alot of people would be surprised on why i left the my former school, i just had to leave the neighborhood mechanic shop for obvious reasons.1) they are Kazeems (believe me i appreciate Kazeems) but my goal is to become a world class auto tecnician so i just had to leave. my new school cost me alot but i know i am learning alot too and i have learnt alot ( so start bringing your cars),so on my first day at my new school i learnt about the engine cooling system,how it work, the component of the cooling system and how they work,so i will be talking about the cooling system later today and also i will be talking about what i have learnt on this thread and off this thread too atleast once in a week for as long as my training goes on but for today i will be talking about the engine cooling system and how it works but unfornately that will be later in the day because i have to be on my way(i already have pending duties tonattend to)ASAP......SO, PLEASE STAY TUNED.and get your questions ready because this cooling sytem i don masteram.��

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
so start bringing your cars.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
rationalmind:

why that look....lol grin
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
why that look....lol grin

Calm down, your blood dey hot grin. There's a reason companies ask for 2,3 or 5 years of experience when recruiting.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
rationalmind:

Calm down, your blood dey hot grin. There's a reason companies ask for 2,3 or 5 years of experience when recruiting.
Bros with this this heat wey we dey experience blood gats hot.....i understand your point though.....thanks so much

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by homeboy205: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
Following

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
homeboy205:
Following
will keep you updated.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by ugreat(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2019
What's the address of your workshop?
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2019
ugreat:
What's the address of your workshop?
Air Force vehicular squadron along Agege motor road.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by MusaDanladi1: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
Air Force vehicular squadron along Agege motor road.
Is that the workshop of autologic or that of scooperrescue
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Is that the workshop of autologic or that of scooperrescue
Both.
Re: I Want To Be A Mechanic by MusaDanladi1: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
Both.
Lucky you man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Crashed A Car? / This Cheap GPS Tracker Might Interest You! / Driving In The Rain Without AC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.