Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More (53971 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: Amaechi Inspects Site Of All Stations - Photos / Amaechi Inspects Port Harcourt International Airport - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by EgunMogaji2: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ikem11:

Talk sense small abeg

I thought I was responding to an astute member.

Sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by EgunMogaji2: 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
My farm is directly across from the station at Omi Adio.

In my layman’s opinion, they are moving at very good speed.

Based on my construction experience I knew the December dates that Amechi was giving early in the year was unfeasible.

The first paying passenger train from Ibadan to Lagos won’t be until December 2020. At least. And I’m good with that.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Susu888(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
Malcolm123:

all trains can be refer to as locomotive ....na the head of a train or engine is the real locomotive
so we have
Steam locomotive
diesel locomotive
electric locomotive
CNG locomotive
diesel- electric locomotive

Bro pls stop spoiling the fun by educating the morons... just laugh it off and scroll down for more cool.

Nairaland is ideal for mental evaluation of the Nigerian populace, so many mugu's in one place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by renewable1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok

Get 8 hours electricity daily with our unique 1kva solar power system. Check my signature now
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by UncleJudax(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
pharmagba:
They should have made it compulsory in the agreement that those locomotives be assembled here in Nigeria, this will definitely create jobs, boost local industry that fabricates steel , and also ensure we have a ready service centre that can repair any fault that may occur both on short term and long term and we won't have to be running to China at every issue
If leadership in Nigeria was that thoughtful, the country wouldn't be grounded.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Basher8583: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Donald95:
When Western and Asia world is busy Testing and exporting sophisticated Tech, Nigeria is busy exporting sophisticated morons.

Issorite, You can only give what you have. After all nigerians will say" We are just 59 years old while they are 1000 years old. we should be pampered. Bia ññu Ara ooh. "

Don't kill yourself on matter wey no konsign you. Abi you be Nigerian?

Common fire truck you no get for Onitsha to fight fire and you are here talking about another person's country....Bloody Biafran

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by BluntBoy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
ZombieDestroyer:

But Buhari has the moral right to drill oil from south south and Southeast (including tax the people of these region) and use the proceeds to finance the projects in the north and southwest abi?!!

Land ultimately belongs to government. It is a Crown property, so the constitution vests machinery of state with the authority to drill natural resources within its territory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by BluntBoy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
24kmagic:
Nice move.
But such things are not the problem of average Nigerians. Average Nigerians need four things.

Jobs
Electricity
Good roads and
Security.

I didn't include health care because our traditional herb is still doing the magic.

I can say over 70% of Nigerians don't use train to travel.

But all the same, it's a commendable thing

More trains means more jobs, more engineers, and other complimentary jobs.

A functioning rail complements road transportation, and offers more options for transportation. You can just go by rail rather than road. It is even cheaper by rail than by road.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by shamecurls(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
slimfit1:
Spend so much to install this rubbish. Really this government has a bad taste.

You have Malaria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by NGpatriot: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2019
Awol1:

Na Lagos-Ibadan rail we go dey for 8 years, I wonder when the "transatlantic" rail line they are propising will be built.

Lagos Ibadan is less than 3 years under construction, the fasted rail construction in the history of Nigeria, unlike the ones the PDP and past administrations abandoned for 30 years that Amaechi completed, the Wari Itakpe rail line.
What is the meaning of transatlantic sef? Do you have a rail line encircling your region as we speak? You people must just hate, cry, wail and rant for no reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by olajizz01(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
davillian:

What have you invented ?
Pls don't tell me nothing.
The country is hard we can't think straight
No time
No funds
No support.
Hahahaha.............,flimsy excuse as usually, that was how China was hard before they breakthrough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by davillian(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
olajizz01:
Hahahaha.............,flimsy excuse as usually, that was how China was hard before they breakthrough.
There is massive support for innovations by private and public sector in china go and ask....
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by sherbol: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
Great idea!
But on a 2nd look,one will want to look @ availability of raw materials, nearness of raw materials n oda issues dat may not fly. If we can import vehicles,Y can't we take delivery of d trains? We will get there one day.
pharmagba:
They should have made it compulsory in the agreement that those locomotives be assembled here in Nigeria, this will definitely create jobs, boost local industry that fabricates steel , and also ensure we have a ready service centre that can repair any fault that may occur both on short term and long term and we won't have to be running to China at every issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by isnovic(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2019
Mutteeme:
Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, is currently in China to inspect some of the locomotives (trains) built for Nigeria by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCRC).

https://www.musikpluz.xyz/2019/10/Amaechi-Inspect-Locomotives-Built-For-Nigeria-In-China-photo.html

Is this guy still a minister?

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/ChibuikeAmaechi/status/1184868293372530689
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by obidark: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ngirima:
[s][/s]

why do people like you have such a urge to cancel other peoples comments....??
what is said is already said,you cant change that....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Kwunume: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
when will train services get to South East Nigeria, or are they no longer part of Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
pharmagba:

God bless you Sir!
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Rosskiki: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Dollyak:
Africans on aggregate has the lowest IQ, partly down to the never ending assault on intellectualism.

Can you imagine this man grinning from ear to ear because of a substandard refurbished rubbish from China

Actually, YOU have the low IQ, and nobody else. Get this, you bloviating dunce. Nigeria is NOT a rich country. It's annual budget is 22 billion USD for 200 million people. Contrast that with South Africa (annual budget: 103 billion USD), Australia (484 billion USD), India (544 billion USD), Brazil (618 billion USD), Canada (683 billion USD), UK (1.7 trillion USD), USA (6 trillion USD), Germany (1.6 trillion USD), Japan (1.6 trillion USD)....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_government_budget

These are the countries that you expect Nigeria to look like, with advanced trains etc.

But we cannot until we DIVERSIFY OUR ECONOMY, and increase our national income. The oil money is NOT ENOUGH for a country our size.

Look, even without corruption, we cannot fund the lifestyle you expect for this country, until we diversify. You can abuse the minister all you want, makes no difference.

And guess whar? The onus falls on YOU to help the nation diversify. The private sector is you. INNOSON is a case in point. We need more of such.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2019
Commentor:

Donald95: :
When Western and Asia world is busy Testing and exporting sophisticated Tech, Nigeria is busy exporting sophisticated morons.

Issorite, You can only give what you have. After all nigerians will say" We are just 59 years old while they are 1000 years old. we should be pampered. Bia ññu Ara ooh. "

Talk about self-entitlement.

While Nigeria is bla bla bla crew.

What have you ever invented or added to the body of knowledge since you were born?

Always expecting someone else to do it.

Unfortunately people like him are the dumbest/daftest. They hide their "inadequacies" in wanton complaints and comparisons. They have no single idea or solution to volunteer. They condemn and think that makes them come out appreciated.

Abeg they unlook am jare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
LadySarah:
Dayum!

Amaechi 'Onyeoma',remember the southoo. Se and ss needs some of them.Not only the north.
No matter what you do for them,they will never value you.If i'm lying ask Jonathan.

I hope one will be given out for the Aba-ph route.The present one is a moving coffin.Theres no week it isnt being serviced,only to develop fault soon after.

Do i talk of the constant collission of the coaches.
The Relic will just be quarreling with itself.

It is my impression that "people of your kind" did not value him ..... until now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 2:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

LadySarah: :
Dayum!

Amaechi 'Onyeoma',remember the southoo.Se and ss needs some of them.Not only the north.
No matter what you do for them,they will never value you.If i'm lying ask Jonathan.

I hope one will be given out for the Aba-ph route.The present one is a moving coffin.Theres no week it isnt being serviced,only to develop fault soon after.

Do i talk of the constant collission of the coaches.
The Relic will just be quarreling with itself.
You people have no moral right to ask for anything.
The north and southwest voted for Buhari. Let them enjoy Buhari in peace.

Actually, I believe they do. It is just the believe/approach of "Insulting", "Enemy-rising" & "Victim-playing" there way into power that I believe is counter-productive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
fineboynl:
built or refurbished??

I beleive you know the way to China

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2019
ZombieDestroyer:

But Buhari has the moral right to drill oil from south south and Southeast (including tax the people of these region) and use the proceeds to finance the projects in the north and southwest abi?!!

Buhari "drills" Oil? grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2019
Cousin9999:

China's entire manufacturing industry was handed to them on a silver platter by oyinbos. Most of Asia's manufacturing industry was handed to them by European countries and the US. They're glorified servants. Whites love working with Asians because when no one else will be their slave, an Asian will.

WTF are you talking about?

...and you got this from which "literature"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Commentor: 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
Uwaiwe:
China refurbished obsolete, abandoned waste and scrapped 18th century locomotives for Nigeria and shameless Nigerian leaders are celebrating. Scrapped locomotives that are no longer needed in civilised countries are sold to us as Assets. What a country.

Local champion.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Commentor: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2019
alexola20:
Where is the electricity to use for all those stuff that you mentioned without incurring high prices on the consumers??

You mean the same electricity they use for Yahoo?
Or the same electricity they use in running nightclubs and hotels?
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Ngirima: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Ngirima: 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Local champion.
[/s]
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Commentor: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
tope3x:
A very bad taste...I was expecting something more beautiful than this can....very ugly looking trains

When they arrive please avoid using them.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
DonroxyII:
Why can't they subcontract some of these coaches to our Engineers .....

Will we ever start building our train from inception till end .... Ministry of Science and Technology over to you !

I like your suggestion in part. .....but it will take concerted effort and investment (both govt & private sector) to do that. Dr. Andrew Neville (white man lecturer in LBS) has come up with a fantastic idea - "Nigeria should start a 10yr-project of building her own Carrier". I dare add "Train". This approach triggers local industries along the value-chain... but like I said govt, banks & other institutional investors have to commit to the project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Ngirima: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

[/s]
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Cas1741: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2019
And how much did this ancient locomotive cost nig and how much went to amaechi etc. Senseless people, look at China's supersonic state of the art trains and compare with this ancient and antiquated wastful spending, come today, breakdown tomorrow eye sore. What do you expect, and just like the cpu in your computer - garbage in, garbage out. The errand boy doesn't know there is no train system in the Niger delta that produces the oil and the money he is wasting in the north and just like his monorail, it speaks volumes about his stupendous ignoramus. SAAAD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘wadata Plaza Will Go Down’, Reactions Trail Wike’s Demolition Threat / Is Igwe Onyejekwe The Father Of Obasanjo? - PHOTO / Farmer Dies In Ibadan After Fulani Herdsmen Set His Cashew Farm Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.