Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More (53970 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: Amaechi Inspects Site Of All Stations - Photos / Amaechi Inspects Port Harcourt International Airport - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
24kmagic:
Nice move.
But such things are not the problem of average Nigerians. Average Nigerians need four things.

Jobs
Electricity
Good roads and
Security.

I didn't include health care because our traditional herb is still doing the magic.

I can say over 70% of Nigerians don't use train to travel.

But all the same, it's a commendable thing

....and you think the trains will not provide or give accessibility to all 4?
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
Dollyak:
Africans on aggregate has the lowest IQ, partly down to the never ending assault on intellectualism.

Can you imagine this man grinning from ear to ear because of a substandard refurbished rubbish from China

Madam,

I believe your IQ is not of this "world"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Ichiebillion: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
pharmagba:
They should have made it compulsory in the agreement that those locomotives be assembled here in Nigeria, this will definitely create jobs, boost local industry that fabricates steel , and also ensure we have a ready service centre that can repair any fault that may occur both on short term and long term and we won't have to be running to China at every issue
A brilliant assertion.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ikem11:
Why can't u guys order a design like this? Must u always go for this old catapillar trains design that was used for world War 11

Because we can't afford it for now. Meanwhile we already have the rail-gauge for it, so we get it in the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
My farm is directly across from the station at Omi Adio.

In my layman’s opinion, they are moving at very good speed.

Based on my construction experience I knew the December dates that Amechi was giving early in the year was unfeasible.

The first paying passenger train from Ibadan to Lagos won’t be until December 2020. At least. And I’m good with that.

When I look at the construction at Yaba, Iponri and consider the structures, process and operations that needs to be in place before commercial activity, I agree with you....

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by glowingflame7: 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
Dubai metro is world class and took 3and a half years to complete. Why is this one taking forever? It's just that past governments make this present drive look like uhuru.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by tafabaloo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
wallex1983:
Oneeeeee

Waiting for the second foreign trip of Amaechi this quarter.

Lolz,.......some are more equal than others.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by DonroxyII: 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
mapet:

I like your suggestion in part. .....but it will take concerted effort and investment (both govt & private sector) to do that. Dr. Andrew Neville (white man lecturer in LBS) has come up with a fantastic idea - "Nigeria should start a 10yr-project of building her own Carrier". I dare add "Train". This approach triggers local industries along the value-chain... but like I said govt, banks & other institutional investors have to commit to the project.
All Government needed to do is to Initiate it and if Government is sincere the Organised private sector will also key in .............. Imagine Nigeria with Automobiles, This will provide a lot of employment opportunities.

But I think the problem is oil, In order to sell our oil into some market we need to also buy some certain things from them possibly Engineering !!

As I stated in some other posts, in order for a capital intensive project like this to be a success, we need to review our Overheads/Recurrent Expenditure and cut cost of governance down by 65% !!
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Icecream4U(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
Awol1:

Na Lagos-Ibadan rail we go dey for 8 years, I wonder when the "transatlantic" rail line they are propising will be built.
what is propising?
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by slimfit1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
shamecurls:

You have Malaria.

You lack exposure my sister poverty has taken over your brains.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by ba7man(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Biafrans are here complaining about Rails being built when ordinary fire trucks their Governors can't provide for them.

Don't worry, since you hate the trains so much you won't get any.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Kossym(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Scam... Dis train will not land naija even till amechi leave office ... All na for pic sake....
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Kossym(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2019
Scam... Dis train will not land naija even till amechi leave office ... All na for pic sake.... Watch out for dis pic in the next presidential election campaign poster..
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by sharon002: 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2019
This is the best way to make money online by click and sign up https://promonaija.com/ref/Daniel02
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Dollyak(f): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
mapet:

Madam,

I believe your IQ is not of this "world"
Simpleton, no one's IQ is out of this world - Not even people like Isaac Newton's and Galileo. Play the game and not the man.

A lot of you guys in Nigeria are easily impressed so I understand your perspective.

Btw, in addition to low IQ you guys are also ignorant.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Rosskiki: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
Cas1741:
And how much did this ancient locomotive cost nig and how much went to amaechi etc. Senseless people, look at China's supersonic state of the art trains and compare with this ancient and antiquated wastful spending, come today, breakdown tomorrow eye sore. What do you expect, and just like the cpu in your computer - garbage in, garbage out. The errand boy doesn't know there is no train system in the Niger delta that produces the oil and the money he is wasting in the north and just like his monorail, it speaks volumes about his stupendous ignoramus. SAAAD.

Only a pampered, brainless, ignorant dunce like you can write off these massive rail projects worth billions of dollars that are capable of transforming this economy. Meanwhile, your useless, worthless self has contributed absolute ZERO to any development or progress of this country. Remain in your cave of insignificance that you find yourself. When our GPD quadruples in the next few years due to the reduced cost of doing business wrought by the rail revolution, we would know who to thank.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by otabaotaba: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok na let's wait and see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Rosskiki: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2019
glowingflame7:
Dubai metro is world class and took 3and a half years to complete. Why is this one taking forever? It's just that past governments make this present drive look like uhuru.

UAE has just 8 million people, has 3 times Nigeria's oil reserves. and exports 3 times more oil per day than Nigeria. You are ABSOLUTELY BATSHIIT CRAZY (or more likely, just plain damn ignorant) to be equating Nigeria's spending power with that of 'Dubai'.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Cousin9999: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2019
Rosskiki:

UAE has just 8 million people, has 3 times Nigeria's oil reserves. and exports 3 times more oil per day than Nigeria. You are ABSOLUTELY BATSHIIT CRAZY (or more likely, just plain damn ignorant) to be equating Nigeria's spending power with that of 'Dubai'.

Dubai is also running on literal slave labor and it's full of prostitutes. It's nothing any country should aspire to or emulate.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Cousin9999: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
glowingflame7:

Dubai uses literal slaves.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Cousin9999: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
There's a lot of white and asian trolls in here.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by glowingflame7: 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
Rosskiki:

Oh okay. It is the population of Dubai that helps them to complete projects in usual project completion time. By this supernatural logic, I think Lagos and Kano projects should be very slow for completion compared to other states in the country. You're very smart, you know. I should recommend you.
It is also Dubai oil that made them build world class metro. Why didn't I think of this? Poor me. Only countries with large oil reserves can be efficient. Aren't you a genius?
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by glowingflame7: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Cousin9999:

Dubai uses literal slaves.

But lots of Nigerians will die to earn what these literal slaves earned and the experience and training?
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Cousin9999: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
glowingflame7:

But lots of Nigerians will die to earn what these literal slaves earned and the experience and training?

WTF are you talking about? Those slaves don't earn anything and they can't leave the country.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by glowingflame7: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2019
Cousin9999:

WTF are you talking about? Those slaves don't earn anything and they can't leave the country.

Tell me something you know.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Cousin9999: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
glowingflame7:

Tell me something you know.

Oga, I don't speak mumu, so let's end this intellectual exchange. lol
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Fallenhunter: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

A great but lofty idea. A train assembly plan is a different animal from a more common vehicle assembly plant.

It will cause needless delay.

It’s okay that this first phase is ordered but maybe they can work on transitioning future orders to be assembled in Nigeria.

Yes but in the future we can build and assemble trains ourself as well as set up heavy rapid transit systems such as trains and metros or light ones such as trams and BRTs. This will keep Nigeria's money in Nigeria and will redistribute it among Nigerians. Furthermore these skills will let Nigeria build such systems for other African countries. Transfer of technical skills should be a part of any project.

We should do how other countries do. They ask for a portion of the vehicles to be delivered upfront by the other country (For example as a part of Pakistan's BRT system they asked for 30% of the busses needed to be delivered by China) which allows you to get the system up and running. They then ask for the rest to be built in the country along with a transfer of expertise so they can build their own in the future.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Fallenhunter: 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
ofwest47:
Wailers and haters take it or leave it, Buhari government remains the greatest and largest infrastructural development government in Nigeria. Recall former Nigeria military head of state Yakubu Gowon . " Money is not our problem, but how to spend it and that was due to lack of future development site. Ameachi , thank you very much you still remain No1 ministerial appointee.

Spend that money and fix the electricity problem? How does an oil producing country not have electricity ?
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by mapet: 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
Dollyak:

Simpleton, no one's IQ is out of this world - Not even people like Isaac Newton's and Galileo. Play the game and not the man.

A lot of you guys in Nigeria are easily impressed so I understand your perspective.

Btw, in addition to low IQ you guys are also ignorant.

We are saying the same thing madam, our IQ in Nigeria is too low for the your IQ from Mars. grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by Fallenhunter: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2019
Cas1741:
And how much did this ancient locomotive cost nig and how much went to amaechi etc. Senseless people, look at China's supersonic state of the art trains and compare with this ancient and antiquated wastful spending, come today, breakdown tomorrow eye sore. What do you expect, and just like the cpu in your computer - garbage in, garbage out. The errand boy doesn't know there is no train system in the Niger delta that produces the oil and the money he is wasting in the north and just like his monorail, it speaks volumes about his stupendous ignoramus. SAAAD.

The more advanced a transport system is the more it costs. A BRT (Bus Rapid Transit system) costs about 300 million USD to implement (Elongated Busses travel along separate lanes made only for them alongside automated ticketing and elevated boarding platforms thus allowing up to 300,000 people to be transported in a single day). A tram costs around 1 billion and can carry more passengers. A metro costs 2-3 billion and can transport even more while a bullet train costs 12 to 15 billion.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by glowingflame7: 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Cousin9999:

Oga, I don't speak mumu, so let's end this intellectual exchange. lol

Good call, no need for unnecessary embarrassment.
Re: Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More by ZombieDestroyer: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
BluntBoy:

[s]Land ultimately belongs to government. It is a Crown property, so the constitution vests machinery of state with the authority to drill natural resources within its territory[/s].

Rubbish! Go and read the Land Use Act! Land belongs to the state government not the federal government!

It is very silly to be saying Igbos should not benefit from federal government projects but the federal government is still drilling oil from Igboland through NNPC and other oil companies; and the Federal government is still collecting tax from the Igbos!

Very very silly and myopic reasoning!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / Who Is The Worst Governor In Nigeria? / ‘wadata Plaza Will Go Down’, Reactions Trail Wike’s Demolition Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.