Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims (444 Views)

Atiku Visits Yola Market Fire Victims And Oversees Turbaning Ceremony / Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) / Onitsha Fire: Governor Obiano Visits Anambra State Fire Service Command, (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by Opinedecandid(m): 5:28am On Oct 18, 2019
Seun, mods and the entire crew of nairaland, I'm personally tired of the everyday BBNaija plenty threads on the front page.
A lot of our young people here spent ₦30 and more to vote for their contestants in the house. It may have made sense to them, though, not to me, absolutely.

But this fire incidence that has thrown hundreds of homes into poverty and penury is the kind of thing we can embark on a cordinated donation even if it's ₦50 each, people can then donate as many times as they want.

Requirement.
Love to help;
The will to try;
A central purse/ account;
An electriconic system for easy donation that will be transparent enough to record all donations;

Ater that, when the government is done taking statistics of the victims, we can then announce nairaland's donations.
It might require a few legal roadblocks to cross, we have lawyers here.
It might also not be that hitch-free technically, but we can attempt something.

Atleast since we are too scared to demand accountability from our leaders, let's not also be too scared to make efforts at alleviating the pain in one another.

My opinion, though.
I'm opinedecandid!
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by donybrainy: 5:42am On Oct 18, 2019
Nice suggestion. Just imagine how bitter twitter users were bashing reno for trying to raise funds for one of the victims, saying he singled out a vicim for help. And were the same people praising the FOOL that gave mercy 3.6million..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by Olominira(m): 6:06am On Oct 18, 2019
I'm ready to send my contribution please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by khallebb(m): 6:56am On Oct 18, 2019
donybrainy:
Nice suggestion. Just imagine how bitter twitter users were bashing reno for trying to raise funds for one of the victims, saying he singled out a vicim for help. And were the same people praising the FOOL that gave mercy 3.6million..
Nigerians are unprogressive fools

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by foliman(m): 7:21am On Oct 18, 2019
I'm ready to help too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by Sunriserealtors: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2019
In my own little way I am ready to help, they are our brothers we can't leave them in such misery and agony. Just close your eyes and put yourself in their shoes and feel their pains. Please let's come together and do the little we can and Good almighty will reward us abundantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by mercyville: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Seun, mods and the entire crew of nairaland, I'm personally tired of the everyday BBNaija plenty threads on the front page.
A lot of our young people here spent ₦30 and more to vote for their contestants in the house. It may have made sense to them, though, not to me, absolutely.

But this fire incidence that has thrown hundreds of homes into poverty and penury is the kind of thing we can embark on a cordinated donation even if it's ₦50 each, people can then donate as many times as they want.

Requirement.
Love to help;
The will to try;
A central purse/ account;
An electriconic system for easy donation that will be transparent enough to record all donations;

Ater that, when the government is done taking statistics of the victims, we can then announce nairaland's donations.
It might require a few legal roadblocks to cross, we have lawyers here.
It might also not be that hitch-free technically, but we can attempt something.

Atleast since we are too scared to demand accountability from our leaders, let's not also be too scared to make efforts at alleviating the pain in one another.

My opinion, though.
I'm opinedecandid!

Laudable idea.
I am sending mine as soon as Seun agrees.

A special account can be opened for this purpose.Pls,respond quickly Seun. May God continue to bless you..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by nwadiuko1(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2019
by Gods grace, i will give my own widow's mite
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by helinues: 7:37am On Oct 18, 2019
There supposed to be stuffs like this to help people who are really in need..
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by Pigsandidiots: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2019
How many did you people help when it happened at otedola bridge. How many contributions did you make to help the victims?
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by bestboo001: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2019
Nawa for some people oo.
You wey dey ask wetin you been do??
Someone came up with a very nice idea (which at d time of d earlier incident you mentioned might not have been available) and the best you can do is to come here and spew trash.
If you don't have anything meaningful to say/contribute pls kindly leave the thread.
NOTE - Pls this also applies to all those who come in here with the aim of spewing thrash.. No just comment on the thread abeg. We take God beg una.
OP.. we dey with you on this one, Seun pls make yourself available here oo.
Thanks!!!
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by bestboo001: 9:07am On Oct 18, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
How many did you people help when it happened at otedola bridge. How many contributions did you make to help the victims?
Nawa for some people oo.
You wey dey ask wetin you been do??
Someone came up with a very nice idea (which at d time of d earlier incident you mentioned might not have been available) and the best you can do is to come here and spew trash.
If you don't have anything meaningful to say/contribute pls kindly leave the thread.
NOTE - Pls this also applies to all those who come in here with the aim of spewing thrash.. No just comment on the thread abeg. We take God beg una.
OP.. we dey with you on this one, Seun pls make yourself available here oo.
Thanks!!!
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by Afamed: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
We can actually Lay a foundation. If Victims of Otedola fire didn't get, it does mean these ones should not get
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by leofab(f): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
Part of it,..
Re: Nairaland Can Blaze The Trial To Assist Onitsha Fire Victims by Charmingrascal(m): 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hypocrisy and eye service

Where were you people when Lagos suffered several fire accidents.
Nobody called it an act of terrorism
Nobody called for donation to the victims.

I am not saying donation is wrong but OP created this thread because he is from the South Eastern region

Call me a bigot but the truth must be told

(1) (Reply)

31 Stupid Things Women Do, That Mess Up Their Relationships With Men. / Governor Obiano Finally Visits Victims Of Onitsha Tanker Fire Accident / Lagos Set To Launch Ferry Services, Expects 480,000 Passengers Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.